Postings by Parsons Pearl of Twenty Nine P

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Barking Problem
Parsons- Pearl of- Twenty Nine- P

Spreading- Sunshine &- Sweetness, :)

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 5:24pm PST 
We have been working on come when called, which she has mastered, but we still work on. I will let her out our side door, close it, and then I will go to the back and call her. I will also be outside with her and hide behind our ourdoor storage building and call her. I have taught her to shake paws, roll over, sit for snacks or food or anything else she gets or wants. But, I will have to admit, we do not have a scheduled training session every day. She and the other pupp play vigorously through out the day, inside the house and outside the house. Running, toy tugging, and basic puppy play. I brush them every day and clean their faces. She also does not really like to be brushed, as in, she doesn't want to sit still for it. If there is ever a time she does sit still long enough for it she does seem to enjoy it. My other pup loves it so this is a new experience for me.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Joplin Rose , Nov 19 8:15 pm

Behavior & Training > Barking Problem

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 1:46pm PST 
I am at my wits end. I have an 18 week old Bichon/Shih tzu mix. She barks at anything. She will just stand in the middle of a room and bark. I have gone through all of the reasons she could be barking. She can't see out of the windows, I listen for noises, etc. I am sure she hears noises that I don't hear, but I can not figure out what to do about it. I have another dog in the house, same mix, that is 22 months old and she will not be barking at the same time. I have never had a dog that barked like this. It is driving me crazy.
I have tried the treat for barking/then treat for speak/then treat for only quiet. That was working with some success, she would quiet for seconds between barks. However, it seemed as if she was only quiet to receive treats and would just resume barking again.
I need to know what to do for her. Sometimes she barks so long it sounds as if her little voice get hoarse.
What can I do?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Joplin Rose , Nov 19 8:15 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Our Baby Girl has left us :(

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 11:42pm PST 
I am so sorry for the loss of your Rainy. I lost my Cooper girl on Monday as well. It is so hard to say goodbye. The house is strangely quiet.
Maybe Cooper and Rainy found each other and are running and playing together right now. Again, so very sorry for your loss. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by (retired)minister misty, Mar 13 11:53 am

Grooming > cute ideas for male shih tzu

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 10:48pm PST 
I've used this website to get ideas for hairstyles for Parsons. The dog "Debbie's Cassie" has a top knot and "JuBee" has two top knots. They don't have bows so those would be really cute for boys. I don't think it matters either way. Dress your pup up and make him cute and have fun with it. There are some links at the bottom for more websites.

http://www.sweetcuteandcuddlypups.com/Shihtzuhaircuts.html
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 8:25 pm

Grooming > staining

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 9:58pm PST 
If you find something that works please let me know! LoL Grain free food is supposed to prevent the issue of staining. I never had any luck with that. There are whitening shampoos that I have found to be a bit helpful but they never remove the whole stain. The only way I've been able to remove it is to trim the hair. Martha Stewart does have an eye stain removal cleanser which is a liquid. I use that on Parsons eyes. It smells wonderful and it is the only eye cleaner I've used that I could actually see a but of red color in the cotton pad after I cleaned her eyes. You might try that on his beard. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Parsons Pearl of Twenty Nine P, Feb 20 9:58 pm

Grooming > Do shih tzus (or bichons)blow coat or not.../ and when do they get their adult coat...?

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 9:45pm PST 
Does anyone know if the change from the puppy coat to the adult coat can happen at a later age than 8-9 months? My Parsons is 13 months old and she has been having terrible issues with matts and will actually have little balls of fur that seem to come out pretty easily when I brush her. She has been having fur issues for about two months. I brush her every day and she has at least one matt every day. I have cut her fur to about 1/2 an inch as I could tell it was bothering her for us to struggle with the matts. I am thinking of getting a detangling spray. But I was looking tonight to see if Bichon/Poo Shih Tzu's had undercoats or shed their coats each year and I found this thread.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Parsons Pearl of Twenty Nine P, Feb 20 9:45 pm

Small Dogs > Rudy, The Boston Terrier's, First Year

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:46pm PST 
Rudy is so handsome! What a good boy he is just sitting there letting you put all of his winter gear on him. dancing Happy first year, Rudy!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 1 12:37 am

Small Dogs > Peeing in the house?

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:18pm PST 
Onyx and Peach are absolutly correct. If this is a new behavior your friend needs to have him checked for a UTI or any other health issue. The suggested book "House Training for Dummies" is a life saver. Easy to read and lists step by step ways to train as well as easy explanations as to why dogs do the things they do. Sometimes just understanding their language is enough to get you through the difficult potty training effort. Tethering may sound radical and exhausting - it is. But it is the only way to have your eye on the pup at all times. Yes, he may start to pee while tethered to them, but that is an opportunity to interrupt him and show him the correct place, then reward him. They may also have to set a schedule at night, say, every two hours, to take him out, then increase the time over the weeks. Basically starting out as if he were a puppy. I spent two weeks tethered to Parsons. She learned to use the bells as well. It was not easy, but the reward now is very worth what we all went through back then.
Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 16 9:57 pm

Small Dogs > Peeing in the house?

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:11pm PST 
Onyx and Peach are absolutly correct. If this is a new behavior your friend needs to have him checked for a UTI or any other health issue. The suggested book "House Training for Dummies" is a life saver. Easy to read and lists step by step ways to train as well as easy explanations as to why dogs do the things they do. Sometimes just understanding their language is enough to get you through the difficult potty training effort. Tethering may sound radical and exhausting - it is. But it is the only way to have your eye on the pup at all times. Yes, he may start to pee while tethered to them, but that is an opportunity to interrupt him and show him the correct place, then reward him. They may also have to set a schedule at night, say, every two hours, to take him out, then increase the time over the weeks. Basically starting out as if he were a puppy. I spent two weeks tethered to Parsons. She learned to use the bells as well. It was not easy, but the reward now is very worth what we all went through back then.
Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 16 9:57 pm

Small Dogs > Car Seat suggestions

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 8:51pm PST 
This is a great topic! My friends think I'm silly for putting my pups in a seatbelt. I just give up explaining why. confused I have never heard of the snoozer though, and since looking at it this seems just what I need for my Cooper. She likes to see outside and the models I have seen everywhere else just don't seem well made. I also like their seatbelt.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Keeva, Mar 10 5:27 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.