Postings by Otus Magnusson

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Such thing as safe, rapid weight loss for a pug?

Otus- Magnusson

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 10:12am PST 
Our pug was babysat for 4 months by my in-laws and he's FAT!

How can I safely help him cut fat, and slim down. He's 4, very healthy, very athletic (well, not now, but generally can breath really well and LOVES to run), and I miss his off-the-shoulder triple-roll turtleneck. He looks like a sausage
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Seth, May 20 5:46 pm

Pug > How can I reduce body fat safely for our overweight pug?
Otus- Magnusson

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 10:09am PST 
He stayed with my in-laws for three months who gave him very naughty amounts of human food and too much of his own food. How can I cut his body fat down in a healthy way? as fast as possible?

I miss his off-the-shoulder triple turtleneck rolls. He looks like a sausage!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Otus Magnusson, May 20 10:09 am

Pug > Allergies

Otus- Magnusson

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 10:04am PST 
Before I owned a pug, I was not allergic to dogs, no matter how much they shed. But then I bought our pug, his shedding and dander has converted me into a major allergy sufferer, and now I am allergic to all dogs frown x100

I have heard a rumor that a mutation/attribute of the pug breed is that only low percentage of pugs develop a downy undercoat (similar to a cat), while the rest do not. Our beloved pug buddy DEFINITELY has this dander, even after scrubdown, only a day later when you rub against his coat you can see the fine particulate dusty dander. He has a beautiful, soft, non-bristly coat, and we feed him excellent natural raw food according to the breed recommendation. He is the son of two champion pugs, with strong pedigree lines, and also is in excellent health, breathes better than most pugs, and is very athletic.

So, three questions:

Does anyone know where I can access information about pugs developing this dander/downy undercoat?

(Aside from my taking Zyrtec like it was going out of style,) are there things I can do to reduce the dander? special shampoos? frequent bathing? different dog food?

Lastly, is it true black pugs shed significantly less than silver, fawn, and apricot?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Otus Magnusson, May 20 10:04 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.