GO!

Flat-coated Retriever > Could I be a flat-coat?

Bruce

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 8:19am PST 
We adopted Bruce from our local shelter when he was 8-10 weeks. They said he was a lab/border collie mix but I've had several people tell me I have a beautiful flat-coat retriever. Could he have some or all in him? Physical specifics are this: 11 months, 65 lb., 23" at the shoulder, LOTS of feathers on legs/tail/chest with very silky/shiney black fur.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 12 9:19 am

Food & Nutrition > How Fast Does Your Chow Hound Chow Down?
Bruce

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '11 4:00am PST 
Bruce eats a little, looks for me, eats a little more. And, if someone goes near his bowl he backs up and sits down, just in case we want some. Such a good boy.

One way to slow down a fast eater is to feed them by hand. This also helps them to not focus so much on the food as the fact that you have provided it.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 7:37 am

Food & Nutrition > Bad Mommy goes Grain-free

Bruce

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 3:09pm PST 
Poor Bruce has been itchy since we got him at 10 weeks and it only got MUCH worse when a friend suggested switching to Eukanuba. After the switch he was an eye booger machine who started chewing his feet and losing hair on the insides of his legs due to chewing. The final straw was when everytime he'd poo his backside was super itching for a good half hour.

I am a bad Mommy because I switched him cold turkey. I figured it couldn't be any worse than he was already experiencing. So out went the Euk and in came the Natural Balance LID Fish and Sweet Potato. When Daddy fed him last night he asked if he'd been fed at all yesterday because he was scarfing. Yes, he'd been fed and each time he ate with gusto.

24 hours later we have little to no eye boogers, feet chewing is to a minimum and he doesn't seem to have an itching bottom after pooping. Stools are not runny from the quick switch either. Can't wait to see what a week brings.

Any one else switch to grain-free and have such fast results??

Bruces' Mommy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 12:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.