Postings by Daisy - In Loving Memory

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > What are your views on adopting/dealing with shelters?

Daisy - In Loving- Memory

Sweet As Sugar

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 1:43pm PST 
I got Daisy from a high kill shelter and it was the best thing I could have done. I not only saved a life but received a wonderful new family member. Daisy is wonderful, and so loving. The staff at the shelter work hard to save as many dogs and cats as they can and use the social networks to help with adoptions. That's how I found Daisy was one of the staff posted her pic on Facebook and asked would someone help her. They were doing everything they could to get her adopted before they put her to sleep. She was being overlooked mainly because she was a senior and also because she was heartworm positive. Not many people want a senior heartworm positive dog. Glad I did though. She's now heartworm negative and such a joy. I hope she has many happy years with us. My next adoption will be through this shelter.
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Conker, May 4 1:28 pm

Senior Dogs > Older dogs slip on tiles, lno and wood floors

Sweet As Sugar

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 1:12pm PST 
These are great tips. Thanks for sharing them.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Holly, Dec 1 12:37 pm

Senior Dogs > November is Adopt a Senior Pet month!

Sweet As Sugar

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 8:31am PST 
Thanks for your post. I was in a high kill shelter and was being overlooked because of my age. I was fortunate that my new Mama wanted me. She tells everyone when she gets a chance how awesome senior dogs are.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jackson 3/11/02 - 7/28/13, Nov 12 9:55 am

Senior Dogs > Help with senior dog

Sweet As Sugar

Barked: Wed Aug 31, '11 2:37pm PST 
I adopted Daisy a few months ago. Daisy is a Senior and was at a local high kill shelter. In addition to being a senior, she was heart worm positive which was pretty much going to be a death sentence for her. One of the staff posted her pic on Facebook asking if anyone would adopt her. It was most likely that no one was going to adopt a senior heart worm positive dog and although I wasn't planning to adopt another dog at the time something about her picture made me want her. She received heart worm treatments and is now heart worm negative. She has severe arthritis but is receiving treatments for that. She is doing great and I am so glad I got her. She is such a pleasure. After this experience with her, I will continue to adopt senior dogs in the future. She was already housebroken, is not destructive, doesn't require a lot of exercise and is calm. She enjoys running in the backyard but also enjoys laying on the sofa and watching tv with me. Many positives in adopting a senior.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daisy - In Loving Memory , Aug 31 2:37 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.