Postings by Izze

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Food & Nutrition > What doggy food do you recommend?
Izze

My ACD is- tougher then- your [breed]

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 10:26pm PST 
I would stay away from nature variety right now as they have issued a recall on their prairie beet/badly recipe & I had to throw out a bag of venison/millet prairie cuz it developed a fowl smell & my dogs would no longer eat it.

I contacted the store I bought from, very nice ppl he said it had something to do with a bad batch of fat or something, I have also heard on Facebook of other formulas (salmon instinct) having to also be returned.

What about USA made foods? I live in Texas & am concerned about the effect shipping all that way has on a food. There is always Merrick, who also had probs in the past but only with their treats tho, but they have totally revamped their foods it seems & they for me are local, any thoughts?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Aug 28 10:19 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?
Izze

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 5:42pm PST 
i have been an ACD person for the last 10 yrs & it doesnt seem to be going anwhere anytime soon LOL.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Farewell dear friend :(

Izze

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 11:36am PST 
last Tuesday, i took a walk with the dogs at lunch like i always do when everyone is done using the horse track ( i live/work on a race horse ranch). when i got back i put Jo into her pen & went to use the restroom, i wasnt in there more then 10 minutes, i came back out to find Izze running back to me with two deep lacerations one on her side & one on her knee. we rushed her to the vet & they x rayed her to find that the top of her pelvis has been fractured & pushed fwd about three inches. she also was having some damage to the nerves that govern her back legs & bodily functions, vet was pretty certain ( he said there was a 50% chance or above) that surgery to repair the fractures would relieve pressure on those nerves & she might be able to walk normally again & at least use the restroom by herself. i went to see her on thursday, the day before her surgery. she was different she wouldnt stop staring at me, something she ndever did (she was one of those dogs who doesnt like to look ppl in the face) there was something in her eyes that i had never seen before like she was trying to memorize my face or something. i left, not knowing it would be the last time i saw her. i didnt get a chance to get to the vet to visit her on thursday because i had to work thru lunch & the vet clinic closes at noon on thursday & on friday she was going in for surgery first thing in the morning.

at 9am i got a call saying that when they wentto get Izze to prep her forr surgery, she wwas unresponsive, turns out she had a pulmonary embolisim that ended up taking her life. it has been a shock for both of us (fiancee & I) that dog was my friend & i still cry about it when im alone (i dont in front of him bc he is still very upset over it & i dont want to distress him more)

the thing is the vet doesnt think it was a car that did it, her cuts were too precise, he think it was done by a person, i had the vet write up a report in case someone saw something done to her but so far nothing has surfaced. should i turn the information into the athorities anyway? if so which ones?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Apr 3 5:42 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Farewell dear friend :(

Izze

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 11:36am PST 
last Tuesday, i took a walk with the dogs at lunch like i always do when everyone is done using the horse track ( i live/work on a race horse ranch). when i got back i put Jo into her pen & went to use the restroom, i wasnt in there more then 10 minutes, i came back out to find Izze running back to me with two deep lacerations one on her side & one on her knee. we rushed her to the vet & they x rayed her to find that the top of her pelvis has been fractured & pushed fwd about three inches. she also was having some damage to the nerves that govern her back legs & bodily functions, vet was pretty certain ( he said there was a 50% chance or above) that surgery to repair the fractures would relieve pressure on those nerves & she might be able to walk normally again & at least use the restroom by herself. i went to see her on thursday, the day before her surgery. she was different she wouldnt stop staring at me, something she ndever did (she was one of those dogs who doesnt like to look ppl in the face) there was something in her eyes that i had never seen before like she was trying to memorize my face or something. i left, not knowing it would be the last time i saw her. i didnt get a chance to get to the vet to visit her on thursday because i had to work thru lunch & the vet clinic closes at noon on thursday & on friday she was going in for surgery first thing in the morning.

at 9am i got a call saying that when they wentto get Izze to prep her forr surgery, she wwas unresponsive, turns out she had a pulmonary embolisim that ended up taking her life. it has been a shock for both of us (fiancee & I) that dog was my friend & i still cry about it when im alone (i dont in front of him bc he is still very upset over it & i dont want to distress him more)

the thing is the vet doesnt think it was a car that did it, her cuts were too precise, he think it was done by a person, i had the vet write up a report in case someone saw something done to her but so far nothing has surfaced. should i turn the information into the athorities anyway? if so which ones?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Izze, Feb 18 11:36 am

Choosing the Right Dog > collie, or cattle dog?

Izze

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 7:01pm PST 
hi all, i havent been on lately due to the fact that my old dog passed away from a pulomunary emblosim feb 10 from a trama related accident she suffered. OH wants another cattle dog but i dont know if i can or not emotionally. i was thinking about rescuing a collie but it would be my first time with the breed & since i just moved my former vets fax machine is busted so it will be a while until they can fax the records to the rescue.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Josefina, Feb 19 5:10 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Confused here. Us vs. Neighbors.
Izze

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 8:46am PST 
I to have the same prob, the neighbors don't believe in dog management, the only time they do is when they aren't home, but if they are they let their dogs run all over creation chasing cars & such. Izze has chased them out of the property many times.

I'm sure that there is a law prohibiting this, so who should I call? I live in the Houston area should I call the SPCA?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Trigger, Jan 28 8:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > I need help picking a food to rotate TOTW with, please help :/

Izze

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 4:24pm PST 
NEver tried BB, due to their recall issues, & the many reports of dogs getting sick from their foods.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucy Belle, Jan 8 7:26 pm

Food & Nutrition > Let's chat about rendering...

Izze

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 12:25pm PST 
Not all kibble is bad you know, I feed kibble cuz raw just doesn't work for us. But if your careful about your choices, kibble isn't a horrible choice & those of us who feed kibble shouldn't be made to feel bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by JC, Jan 17 12:57 pm

Food & Nutrition > I need help picking a food to rotate TOTW with, please help :/

Izze

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 7:10pm PST 
We decided on merrick before grain bc nature variety instinct but it had too much fish in it, which my older dog, Izze doesn't like & if it's too high up on the list, then she won't eat it :/ besides, merrick is locally owned / manufactured in tx.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lucy Belle, Jan 8 7:26 pm

Food & Nutrition > Innova, Orijen then Acana, now what???
Izze

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 10:52pm PST 
What abou natures variety instinct? They are a small company that hasn't been bought out (yet) also merrick I have heard is good, I don't have many independant pet boutiques that I know of that Carey good food so I'm pretty much stuck with Petco or TSC.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Bella, Jan 12 5:58 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.