Postings by Carlee

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Health > Adjusting to new food (anal glands)
Carlee

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 9:33am PST 
Carlee's been on Wellness Core for about two weeks now. Her stool is getting firmer, but still not firm enough to "release her scent properly." We've cooked up rice to help firm things up in the meantime.

She's been "leaking" lately and it's getting very stinky around here. She's also been licking at the spots, if we don't catch her in time, so her breath is equally as gross.

Can we put a diaper on her until her stool is firm enough? I just want her to stop dripping on furniture and then licking it up.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Auda abu Tayi, Apr 27 3:37 am

Food & Nutrition > So You Are Confused By Dog Food
Carlee

Barked: Sat Mar 26, '11 4:43pm PST 
Just had to dig this out to post on another forum for a friend of mine, figured I'd bump it as well!

blue dogblue dogblue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 96 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Aug 15 11:18 am

Behavior & Training > *GASP* I am not a DOG!! ...are YOU?

Carlee

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 8:14am PST 
Carlee is a full-blooded Diva. She sits on couches just like humans (which is cute, because her back legs stick up and don't rest on the cushion. laugh out loud ). Whenever she's allowed on the bed, she puts her head on the pillows and whines until you tuck her in.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Mar 18 5:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog Park Incident

Carlee

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 8:10am PST 
I don't see anything wrong with what Madison did. She was letting the other dog what her boundaries are. Had she actually bit the dog, or did the growling and warning snaps constantly, I would be worried.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mackenzie CGC TDI DSA, Mar 18 3:09 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Microchipping?

Carlee

Barked: Tue Mar 15, '11 11:48am PST 
Do you move around a lot? If so, I suggest Home Again. We're military, so going with a company that's used not just country-wide but is accepted overseas was a must for us.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Carlee, Mar 15 11:48 am

Behavior & Training > Tracking?
Carlee

Barked: Tue Mar 8, '11 3:28pm PST 
Does anyone track with their dogs? I would love to start training Carlee to do this, but I want it just for fun.

Carlee seems to have ADD on walks and will pick up a scent to track for a little bit, then decides another scent is more interesting. Can I train her to follow one scent? Or should I just let her lead on various scents since she still has fun doing that?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Carlee, Mar 8 3:28 pm

Behavior & Training > Leash training a puppy mill dog

Carlee

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 2:22pm PST 
Patience.

When I was still living with my parents, we had a puppy mill rescue. He was scared of collars, harnesses and leashes. It wasn't until about 4-5 months later when we adopted another dog when he learned. I was taking Guinness on daily walks and Peanut was getting jealous about not going. It'll happen, they're still learning that people can be trusted. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Darcy, Mar 4 3:05 pm

Behavior & Training > Leash Laws

Carlee

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 8:51am PST 
I admit, I get annoyed when I see dogs off leash in an area that clearly states they're supposed to be on a leash. Carlee has not had a problem (yet) with off leash dogs while she's on one, but that's not to say something can't happen.

At our apartment complex, we're supposed to keep our dogs on leashes anytime we're outside our home. There are a few owners who don't leash their dogs, they've played with Carlee many times, and I've learned I can trust them. It still doesn't make me happy.
There is a GS puppy that is off leash all the time and the owner does not have control yet. They got along fine, but when it was time to leave, the puppy kept coming after us. And the owner is older (probably 50s) and slightly handicapped (needs a cane to walk). Now, what would he do if there was a stray and they got into a fight? Or if the pup ran in to the road when a distracted driver came by?

There's too many "what if's" for me to let Carlee off leash in an area that is not fenced. Would I love for her to run free as much as possible? Absolutely, but for her safety, she only gets that in fenced in areas (dog parks or a friend's backyard).
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lucille, Mar 4 9:05 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Any southpaws out there?

Carlee

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '11 11:46am PST 
I wouldn't be surprised if Carlee is a Southpaw. Whenever she's playing and is batting/reaching for something, her left paw always comes first. If she pulls on my arm to get my attention, it's the left as well.

Guess the trend of me always being the only right-y is continuing. My parents and brother are left handed; my husband, FIL and SIL are left handed; MIL is the only right-y in that family. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Mar 9 7:57 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Was my dog a pound dog or animal testing dog?
Carlee

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 6:24pm PST 
It's possible she could have escaped from a Puppy Mill. My parents have a rescued puppy mill dog that has tattoos in his ears.
[notify]
» There has since been 66 posts. Last posting by Sanka- I'll Miss You, Mar 1 6:54 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.