Postings by Sakari

GO!

(Page 1 of 44: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Siberian Husky > What are some of the biggest siberian huskies out there?
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '14 7:44am PST 
Sakari is a LARGE Husky. She's 24 inches at the shoulder and weighs in at 97 pounds - her Mom was 56 pounds and Dad was 62 pounds so I'm not sure where her size came from.
From what I've seen in our state Husky group meets a good average for the breed is 45-60 pounds.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rango, Mar 18 7:03 pm

Puppy Place > New Puppy!!
Sakari

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '14 7:32am PST 
He is so cute!cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Hershey, May 30 6:34 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > just an observation: I'll take my herder over a northern breed any day

Sakari

Barked: Thu May 10, '12 7:58am PST 
I have a herding mix (Aussie cross) and a northern breed (Sibe) They are around 6 months apart in age and have gotten rather close. The oddest pair you will EVER see. Sakari - Sibe is a wonderful herding dog, enjoys it very much and works the livestock with me daily Hope - AussieX could care less about the livestock and is only interested in running and pulling.
Personally I find the time spent training as well as the type of training has more to do with the way a dog turns out than genetics. I have a northern breed that has her CGC, is a pet therapy dog, does agility, herds on a daily basis, and lives to be with her people.
Hope came along when we were introducing Sakari to the "husky world" of pulling and going to northern breed events, she tagged along and IMO is more of a husky in personality than Sakari is.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Milton, May 15 5:50 pm

Puppy Place > NEED HELP on carpet destroying and Digging

Sakari

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '12 11:59am PST 
Huskies like to dig. If you can't provide a sandbox (we used a kiddie pool filled with sand for ours) you can make a special spot in there yard where it is ok for her to dig. Sakari has 3 spots and she knows them well, and will not dig anywhere else. She has her sandbox, the center of a tractor tire, and a spot in the yard.

For the carpet you could try spraying bitter apple spray around the corners of the carpet.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Luna, Apr 22 6:42 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > One of ours is MISSING!!!

Sakari

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 1:42pm PST 
hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 20 7:27 am

Behavior & Training > What is your pet peeve with your dog?
Sakari

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 1:22pm PST 
Sakari and my 3 year old love to fight over the car seats in the van so I have my daughter yelling at me and Sakari whining the entire time we're in the car, they fight just like sisterslaugh out loud I really get annoyed at Sakaris whining sometimes when she doesn't get her way.

Hope is obsessed with chewing her legs/paws because she gets anxious? when she is indoors

She-She annoys me by following me EVERYWHERE, I love her but sometimes I'd like my spacered face
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angel Zane, Apr 17 8:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?

Sakari

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 6:05am PST 
Since discovering our next foster will be a hound, we've been reading up and them since we don't really know much about the group. I'm now very fond of the Bloodhound
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?

Sakari

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 6:48am PST 
She is beautiful!!cloud 9

We just got our emails from the shelters full of dogs to be our next foster since Ranger has FINALLY been adoptedcheer Usually there are only a few that fit our criteria of what we are able to foster, well I guess the intake number has increased after the tornadoes we had and we had 30 dogs this time that could fit in with us. Since we have small kids, a large pack, livestock, cats, etc, we have to be a little picky on what we can bring in.
I fell in love with the pictures of these

Sadie
Harry
Schatze
Magic
Timber

All are breeds that I love and have considered for my next dog ( a few years from now ) hubby knows how this would end and said to pick a different one so we will be getting a beagle mix for our next fosterlaugh out loud

Delaney
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Puppy Place > Susie's breeds?

Sakari

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 4:56pm PST 
I think she looks like a Border Collie/Labrador mix. Don't really see any pit or husky in her.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Yoopie (U.P.), Apr 17 4:09 pm

Sakari

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 8:28am PST 
Still the German Shorthair and Chesapeake - I really think these 2 will always be at the top of my dream list, but lately I've also been obsessing over Border Collies and Goldens
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

(Page 1 of 44: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.