Postings by Loki

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Dog Health > Spaying tomorrow.. Skinny??
Loki

So.. I CAN chew- on that?

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 6:45pm PST 
Full body

Sinking

Actual links, sorry.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Angel Lexi ...Gone But Never , Feb 5 7:50 pm

Dog Health > Spaying tomorrow.. Skinny??
Loki

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 6:33pm PST 
Loki goes in to get spayed tomorrow morning! Today I looked at her and I'm worried she may be too skinny.

She's very high energy, Border Collie mix. Raw was a challenge because her weight wouldn't change, she'd stop eating after a certain amount, and then run it all off I guess. On kibble she will eat non-stop and she's slowly been gaining weight, but so slowly.

Last time at the vet, I was assured her weight was normal - Since she was a high energy pup again, but she didn't have as much sinking in the stomach. She also hasn't eaten since morning (she usually eats around 7, but no food prior to surgery).

So the problem isn't so much her putting on the weight anymore, she's slowly putting it on, but more so her appointment tomorrow.

Some links to the photos:

Do you think she's okay for tomorrow??

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/Lorenn_x/Snap bucket/F905C6CC.jpg

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/Lore nn_x/Snapbucket/?action=view┬Ąt=9510F4D6.jpg

You can see a bit of the sinking in that one.

[img]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/Lorenn_x/Snapb ucket/B265EF2D.jpg[/img]

Saying hello. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Angel Lexi ...Gone But Never , Feb 5 7:50 pm

Dog Health > Excessive Drinking?

Loki

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 12:33am PST 
I didn't know that, Maxwell, but do know kibbles without salt exist and will be switching soon.

Chico, The heater is on in the HOUSE (Temp usually around 69-73 F), but there is no actual vent in the hallway she's in, but it is, of course, the same temperature. Not sure whether she drinks more in the night compared to the day, but will check.

Toto, she's also got a reservoir style water bowl. Wonder if it is the heater. Should I turn it down? Do you think that would make a difference?

Thanks. (:
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lucille, Jan 31 9:03 am

Loki

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:55am PST 
Thank you so much guys. I'm a bit worried now, but she will be having blood work done prior to her surgery.

Maxwell, I HAVE only noticed this since she's been on kibble, and she's on Blue Buffalo Wilderness (Duck) which does contain salt. Her bags almost done, and I found a new pet store, so I'm going to check that out and hopefully change her diet once again.

For now I'll add the water to her kibble and keep my fingers crossed. She's never had a problem before and she's a young girl so I'm not too worried.

She eats enough. When she was on raw, I would give her MORE food and she got too full and wouldn't eat it, lol. On kibble its a little harder (I'm not handing her pounds of meat anymore) but she's not losing anymore weight. She's gaining, just hard to maintain it with her without under or over doing it.

Thanks again, I'll let you guys know how her test results and spaying go!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Lucille, Jan 31 9:03 am

Loki

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 3:20am PST 
I'm worried about Loki.. She's a year old and lately she's been drinking A LOT of water.. Its also winter so there doesn't seem to be a reason why.

I usually distract her when she starts drinking excessively (I'll call her, ask her to go outside to potty), but she's even been having accidents in her crate (potty trained otherwise) because of how much she drinks. Its all water.

Tonight, I sat and waited until she finished drinking - I don't want to deprive her of water.. She literally sat at her water dish and slurped for a minute, maybe more, and then I let her out, but it still led to an accident when I took her out a few minutes ago.

What could bet the issue? She's a small girl, could put on a few more pounds (could that be it?) and is fed regularly (we did also switch from raw to kibble w/ raw occasionally).

She has a trip to the vet on the 6th, but to be spayed.. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Lucille, Jan 31 9:03 am

Raw Food Diet > Itching Skin Raw?
Loki

Barked: Thu Dec 22, '11 10:41pm PST 
Loki has been itching more often for a few weeks now. The first couple of times I saw her, I checked for fleas in the common areas (she's mostly black so its tough) but found nothing.

I was petting her yesterday and felt a scab, so I checked it out and she was bleeding. frown

Now, I have not bathed her in a few months - I haven't gotten around to it. Her skin is pretty oily. I use a conditioning shampoo but will not use ANYTHING except for oatmeal shampoos from now on.

I posted in raw because of the fact that she's on a raw diet, so there's no secret to what I'm feeding her. She gets an egg once/twice a week, olive added to her food sometimes, and has been on raw since 4-5 months old (shes 1 year). Never had a reaction to anything being fed to her and her main diet is beef/chicken.

Poor thing, I don't know whats wrong?? Could it be one of her meats? She started on chicken, never had a problem, but can it develop over time?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!! And happy holidays. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Loki, Dec 22 10:41 pm

Raw Food Diet > Very Bad Gas?

Loki

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 4:43pm PST 
She has other things added to her diet. Liver (went bad the first time, slowly feeding very little), she gets beef, and then pork/turkey/etc. every now and then. But chicken and beef mainly.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Karl, Sep 19 9:59 am

Loki

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 3:23pm PST 
Okay - I picked up some (human-grade) probiotics, 30 capsules. How should I administer them? Just put the pill down her throat? Or sprinkle it? Whole pill, half? Do I need to wait to feed after giving them? And how often should I give her them.. I went to go give her dinner, then realized I had no clue! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Karl, Sep 19 9:59 am

Loki

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 6:40pm PST 
Thank you, everyone! Going to pick up some probiotics tomorrow and see how that goes, otherwise I'll change the main source of meat. She gets chicken and beef usually, but more chicken I admit.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Karl, Sep 19 9:59 am

Loki

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '11 1:17pm PST 
Hi everyone!

Loki has been on raw for probably 4-5 months now, and we've had no problems up until now.. She has very bad gas whenever she eats. It's been happening for about 1 - 1 and 1/2 months now.. I know its "just gas" and its normal for dogs to fart/burp but its constant. The first time it happened I thought she had an accident in her crate - It smelled that bad.

I don't really know what to do. I don't like bringing her in my room anymore to lie down with me because the whole room smells disgusting as soon as she enters. frown It's actually making me consider switching from RAW to KIBBLE! I've tried fasting (for one day) and feeding less, neither seem to work. Although, she doesn't have gas the day she doesn't eat, but as soon as you feed her its back for atleast 24 hours.

Any suggestions? Is something wrong?? Thanks in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Karl, Sep 19 9:59 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.