GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

American Pit Bull Terrier > StubbyDog of the Week: Blackie
StubbyDog

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 6:27pm PST 
Written by... mom Sarah M.

Photos by The wonderful Aleksandra G. of Aleksandra G Modern Portraiture -- www.aleksandrag.com

Blackie came to me through a set of unusual circumstances. I had my heart set on adopting a cat, but briefly entertained the idea of getting a dog. During my search for a cat I stumbled across Blackie; whom I found out, was taken from an abusive home where his previous owners had broken his leg as a puppy. With some skepticism I agreed to meet him. He was brought over to my house just to “meet” me, but brought his bed, food bowls, food, leash, collar, toys and medicine and a list of upcoming doctor’s appointments with him. It seemed I had unknowingly adopted a pit bull.

The first few weeks of dog ownership were incredibly difficult because I was wildly unprepared for what it meant to care for a dog. I began to feel overwhelmed, and like maybe I had made a mistake or took on more than I could handle. After a week or so of coming home to a destroyed house and a crying dog someone suggested that Blackie may be suffering from separation anxiety. I began crate training him and soon he calmed down, felt more comfortable when left alone and the destruction drastically decreased. Despite our rocky start, filled with lots of chewed shoes (among many other items), Blackie had become the absolute best part of coming home. My mom on the other hand was not so big on the idea of me rescuing an abused pit bull.

Once I realized the immeasurable benefit of the crate, I hired an animal behaviorist to evaluate his other needs and started working with him in other training areas. He began to develop into a remarkably wonderful dog and I decided that since he was proving what I “knew” about pit bulls to be so wrong, I would learn as much as I could about the breed. As a result I have become a huge pit bull advocate and doubt if I will ever live without one. Blackie is the absolute joy in my life. Since the shoe-chew phase he has learned to go in his crate when asked, he can sit, lie down, put his head down, beg on his back legs, give me his paw for a shake or high five among many other tricks I use to impress people.

I have converted many people I know into pit-bull lovers and many of those people into pit-bull advocates of their own. My mom, who became the resident pit bull lover in her office, now refers to Blackie as her “grandson”. I write a blog (www.ILoveABull.com) about pit bulls to relay truthful information about the breed to as many people as possible (and to brag about my gorgeous dog) and work with local shelters to promote the breed.

Most people don’t think of someone like me when they think “pit-bull owner”, and I’m happy to put a small dent in that stereotype. I am a 24 year old professional woman; I work at a bank and own my home. My pit bull does tricks, is micro-chipped and neutered. He eats grain-free organic food and takes more vitamins than I do! He sleeps in the bed and even dresses up for Halloween. To say he is spoiled is an understatement. I’m so glad I was open minded enough to open my heart to this dog and this breed and even though I saved Blackie from a painful and probably short life, I think I’m really the one who has been saved.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog- of-the-week-blackie/166469563403597
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 6:27 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > StubbyDog of the Week: Blackie
StubbyDog

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 6:27pm PST 
Written by... mom Sarah M.

Photos by The wonderful Aleksandra G. of Aleksandra G Modern Portraiture -- www.aleksandrag.com

Blackie came to me through a set of unusual circumstances. I had my heart set on adopting a cat, but briefly entertained the idea of getting a dog. During my search for a cat I stumbled across Blackie; whom I found out, was taken from an abusive home where his previous owners had broken his leg as a puppy. With some skepticism I agreed to meet him. He was brought over to my house just to “meet” me, but brought his bed, food bowls, food, leash, collar, toys and medicine and a list of upcoming doctor’s appointments with him. It seemed I had unknowingly adopted a pit bull.

The first few weeks of dog ownership were incredibly difficult because I was wildly unprepared for what it meant to care for a dog. I began to feel overwhelmed, and like maybe I had made a mistake or took on more than I could handle. After a week or so of coming home to a destroyed house and a crying dog someone suggested that Blackie may be suffering from separation anxiety. I began crate training him and soon he calmed down, felt more comfortable when left alone and the destruction drastically decreased. Despite our rocky start, filled with lots of chewed shoes (among many other items), Blackie had become the absolute best part of coming home. My mom on the other hand was not so big on the idea of me rescuing an abused pit bull.

Once I realized the immeasurable benefit of the crate, I hired an animal behaviorist to evaluate his other needs and started working with him in other training areas. He began to develop into a remarkably wonderful dog and I decided that since he was proving what I “knew” about pit bulls to be so wrong, I would learn as much as I could about the breed. As a result I have become a huge pit bull advocate and doubt if I will ever live without one. Blackie is the absolute joy in my life. Since the shoe-chew phase he has learned to go in his crate when asked, he can sit, lie down, put his head down, beg on his back legs, give me his paw for a shake or high five among many other tricks I use to impress people.

I have converted many people I know into pit-bull lovers and many of those people into pit-bull advocates of their own. My mom, who became the resident pit bull lover in her office, now refers to Blackie as her “grandson”. I write a blog (www.ILoveABull.com) about pit bulls to relay truthful information about the breed to as many people as possible (and to brag about my gorgeous dog) and work with local shelters to promote the breed.

Most people don’t think of someone like me when they think “pit-bull owner”, and I’m happy to put a small dent in that stereotype. I am a 24 year old professional woman; I work at a bank and own my home. My pit bull does tricks, is micro-chipped and neutered. He eats grain-free organic food and takes more vitamins than I do! He sleeps in the bed and even dresses up for Halloween. To say he is spoiled is an understatement. I’m so glad I was open minded enough to open my heart to this dog and this breed and even though I saved Blackie from a painful and probably short life, I think I’m really the one who has been saved.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog- of-the-week-blackie/166469563403597
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 6:27 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > StubbyDog of the Week: Dice

StubbyDog

Barked: Tue Feb 8, '11 1:21pm PST 
**Not only is Dice awesome, but his mom, Lori, is our Idaho Cupid for the Valentine's Donation Drive. They're collecting donations for the Humane Society
of the Palouse. You can encourage folks who like Dice's story to donate to the shelter where Lori works here: http://stubbydog.org/action

Written by Lori Burkett:

When I first saw the white dog in the high kill shelter, he was spinning in tight circles at the shelter, drooling and panting excessively. It was 2001 and the dog was skin and bones and he was barely 25 pounds. He had wounds all over his body and scarring on his face. His cage card had a hand written note reading “ owners contacted will not pick up” with a large red “ PTS” (for put to sleep) and the previous day’ s date written on it.

Although I love a challenge, this dog looked miserable and past the point of help. Knowing as soon as I left the shelter he would be put to sleep, we took him out in the yard to throw the ball for him and let him have some fun.

I noticed once he out of the noisy and crowded shelter, his demeanor changed. His eyes got bright and he had intense concentration on a tennis ball that he brought to me. I threw it as far as I could and went to call him back. Realizing he had no name I called the black and white dog Dice. And that was it. We walked him back into the shelter and out the

front door, loaded him into the truck and he never went to another shelter again.

Dice became instant buddies with our other young Am Staff, Jamie, and began his rehabilitation as part of our family. Dice had severe stress induced OCD and spun in tight circles, biting at his leg constantly. He had a large open wound on his leg and most likely had chewed his own tail off.

It took a few years, but Dice eventually became a fairly normal dog as he settled into life at our house. With a lot of work his OCD-induced spinning has decreased.

During the years Dice has excelled at all sporting actives, he loves trips to the beach to body surf in the big waves, hiking in the hills, underwater diving for rocks and his newest event, dock diving. At the age of 9 and only 19 inches tall Dice is jumping about 15 feet. This spring will be his first official dock diving competition and we hope to bring home the win for pit bulls in the amateur ranks.

Although he loves agility, obedience, flyball, swimming and any sort of fetch, his true passion is snuggling on the couch and being guardian when I'm home alone at night.

He is such a wonderful guardian that I had him tested with the State Patrol as a possible detection dog. However, even though he got the highest qualifying scores that the evaluator had ever seen, he was not allowed into the program.

Why? He’ s a pit bull.

(note: That was almost 10 years ago and the law enforcement agency that denied Dice now accepts pit bulls into their program!)

During the past 10 years, I come to realize that I can’ t imagine our house without him. He has been a “ foster dog” for numerous rescue puppies during the years, and he’ s done something pretty incredible in the community. Even though he was once a scrawny, tail-chasing dog, today he’ s a positive pit bull ambassador. He makes debuts in the community to educate people about Am Staffs and other rescues.

Although I’ m proud of him for the work he’ s done for the community, there’ s one detail about him that I hold especially close to my heart: Dice has helped teach my family and friends about the unconditional love these amazing dogs have to offer.

It’ s amazing that a dog who came from such deplorable conditions can continue to give so much to everyone he meets.

Dice is a classic pit bull; he’ s a dog that lives his entire life to please those around him. His big pit bull smile is infectious and the people whom he smiles at can’ t help but to discover the pit bull when they see his big, toothy grin and wagging knobby tail.

During the years, I have been constantly reminded that rescuing pit bulls isn’ t easy but I have also learned that there is nothing more rewarding than being able to give others the opportunity to share in the love and companionship that pit bulls have to offer.

Dice is one of many dogs that I’ ve rescued during the past 10 years and their collective love has inspired me to start a new local program to decrease the number of pit bulls and pit bull mixes in shelters.

As a result I started the The Palouse Pit Bull Project is a satellite program under our non-profit no-kill animal shelter. I hope to have funding to start the program this summer. With this program pit bull owners can apply for free spay/neuter, low cost obedience training as well as breed education and positive community enrichment.

That’ s because in the end, all over the U.S. dogs just like Dice end up in high kill shelters and don’ t have a chance. Every one of these dogs has a story. Some are emaciated, abandoned, fought and abused. But regardless of how they got there, it’ s up to us to make sure each story has a happy ending.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog -of-the-week-dice/160478770669343
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 1:21 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > StubbyDog of the Week: Dice

StubbyDog

Barked: Tue Feb 8, '11 1:21pm PST 
**Not only is Dice awesome, but his mom, Lori, is our Idaho Cupid for the Valentine's Donation Drive. They're collecting donations for the Humane Society
of the Palouse. You can encourage folks who like Dice's story to donate to the shelter where Lori works here: http://stubbydog.org/action

Written by Lori Burkett:

When I first saw the white dog in the high kill shelter, he was spinning in tight circles at the shelter, drooling and panting excessively. It was 2001 and the dog was skin and bones and he was barely 25 pounds. He had wounds all over his body and scarring on his face. His cage card had a hand written note reading “ owners contacted will not pick up” with a large red “ PTS” (for put to sleep) and the previous day’ s date written on it.

Although I love a challenge, this dog looked miserable and past the point of help. Knowing as soon as I left the shelter he would be put to sleep, we took him out in the yard to throw the ball for him and let him have some fun.

I noticed once he out of the noisy and crowded shelter, his demeanor changed. His eyes got bright and he had intense concentration on a tennis ball that he brought to me. I threw it as far as I could and went to call him back. Realizing he had no name I called the black and white dog Dice. And that was it. We walked him back into the shelter and out the

front door, loaded him into the truck and he never went to another shelter again.

Dice became instant buddies with our other young Am Staff, Jamie, and began his rehabilitation as part of our family. Dice had severe stress induced OCD and spun in tight circles, biting at his leg constantly. He had a large open wound on his leg and most likely had chewed his own tail off.

It took a few years, but Dice eventually became a fairly normal dog as he settled into life at our house. With a lot of work his OCD-induced spinning has decreased.

During the years Dice has excelled at all sporting actives, he loves trips to the beach to body surf in the big waves, hiking in the hills, underwater diving for rocks and his newest event, dock diving. At the age of 9 and only 19 inches tall Dice is jumping about 15 feet. This spring will be his first official dock diving competition and we hope to bring home the win for pit bulls in the amateur ranks.

Although he loves agility, obedience, flyball, swimming and any sort of fetch, his true passion is snuggling on the couch and being guardian when I'm home alone at night.

He is such a wonderful guardian that I had him tested with the State Patrol as a possible detection dog. However, even though he got the highest qualifying scores that the evaluator had ever seen, he was not allowed into the program.

Why? He’ s a pit bull.

(note: That was almost 10 years ago and the law enforcement agency that denied Dice now accepts pit bulls into their program!)

During the past 10 years, I come to realize that I can’ t imagine our house without him. He has been a “ foster dog” for numerous rescue puppies during the years, and he’ s done something pretty incredible in the community. Even though he was once a scrawny, tail-chasing dog, today he’ s a positive pit bull ambassador. He makes debuts in the community to educate people about Am Staffs and other rescues.

Although I’ m proud of him for the work he’ s done for the community, there’ s one detail about him that I hold especially close to my heart: Dice has helped teach my family and friends about the unconditional love these amazing dogs have to offer.

It’ s amazing that a dog who came from such deplorable conditions can continue to give so much to everyone he meets.

Dice is a classic pit bull; he’ s a dog that lives his entire life to please those around him. His big pit bull smile is infectious and the people whom he smiles at can’ t help but to discover the pit bull when they see his big, toothy grin and wagging knobby tail.

During the years, I have been constantly reminded that rescuing pit bulls isn’ t easy but I have also learned that there is nothing more rewarding than being able to give others the opportunity to share in the love and companionship that pit bulls have to offer.

Dice is one of many dogs that I’ ve rescued during the past 10 years and their collective love has inspired me to start a new local program to decrease the number of pit bulls and pit bull mixes in shelters.

As a result I started the The Palouse Pit Bull Project is a satellite program under our non-profit no-kill animal shelter. I hope to have funding to start the program this summer. With this program pit bull owners can apply for free spay/neuter, low cost obedience training as well as breed education and positive community enrichment.

That’ s because in the end, all over the U.S. dogs just like Dice end up in high kill shelters and don’ t have a chance. Every one of these dogs has a story. Some are emaciated, abandoned, fought and abused. But regardless of how they got there, it’ s up to us to make sure each story has a happy ending.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog -of-the-week-dice/160478770669343
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 1:21 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > StubbyDog Rescue Dog of the Week #1: Cash

StubbyDog

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 12:24pm PST 
Available for adoption:

Cash
Born 9-01-10
Neutered Male
Blue brindle with white markings

Cash ended up in a vet clinic with no owner after being believed to be deaf at 8 weeks old. After picking him up and evaluating him it was determined that he is full hearing and has no disabilities at all. Cash has a wonderful personality; he is outgoing, confident and very loving. Cash is crate trained, microchipped, fully vaccinated and neutered. He is very smart and quickly learning his basic obedience. Cash lives in a home with dogs, cats and horses. He loves to go for walks and play in the creek. At 5 months old Cash weighed 40 pounds, he is a gorgeous light blue with fawn brindle.

Cash is currently in Eastern Washington, but out of state adoptions will be considered.

For more information contact Lori with Power Breed Rescue.

powerbreedrescue@gmail.com

Crosspost and share to anyone who can help find Cash a wonderful forever home.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog-r escue-dog-of-the-week-1-cash/160964007287486
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 12:24 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > StubbyDog Rescue Dog of the Week #1: Cash
StubbyDog

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 12:24pm PST 
Available for adoption:

Cash
Born 9-01-10
Neutered Male
Blue brindle with white markings

Cash ended up in a vet clinic with no owner after being believed to be deaf at 8 weeks old. After picking him up and evaluating him it was determined that he is full hearing and has no disabilities at all. Cash has a wonderful personality; he is outgoing, confident and very loving. Cash is crate trained, microchipped, fully vaccinated and neutered. He is very smart and quickly learning his basic obedience. Cash lives in a home with dogs, cats and horses. He loves to go for walks and play in the creek. At 5 months old Cash weighed 40 pounds, he is a gorgeous light blue with fawn brindle.

Cash is currently in Eastern Washington, but out of state adoptions will be considered.

For more information contact Lori with Power Breed Rescue.

powerbreedrescue@gmail.com

Crosspost and share to anyone who can help find Cash a wonderful forever home.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog-r escue-dog-of-the-week-1-cash/160964007287486
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 12:24 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > StubbyDog Rescue Dog of the Week #2: Smudge

StubbyDog

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 12:23pm PST 
Meet the new staff favorite! With a name like Smudge, you know this dog has to be silly! And she really is. Smudge is a great dog who loves everyone she meets. You have to watch out though because if your lap is empty, she will be in it! Smudge's charming "snorting" sounds she makes are so adorable you won't be able to keep from smiling when you meet her. Whoever adopts this gem will be the envy of all the staff!

Smudge was one of hundreds of dogs rescued from a hoarder in the desert. The dogs there were not provided with adequate shelter, food, water or vaccinations and eventually were abandoned there. Thankfully, NLOL was able to save this girl and give her another chance at a happy life!

Smudge is a 4-year-old, female, Staffie/Boxer mix. She is dog friendly, great with people, good with kids, and seems to be housebroken.

If you are interesting in adopting Smudge, you can review our adoption procedures on our website to find out how to proceed: http://newleash.org/procedures.asp. You can also e-mail adopt@nlol.org (sorry about the icon haha) or call us at 661-255-0097 for more info!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog-r escue-dog-of-the-week-2-smudge/160962400620980
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 12:23 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > StubbyDog Rescue Dog of the Week #2: Smudge

StubbyDog

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 12:23pm PST 
Meet the new staff favorite! With a name like Smudge, you know this dog has to be silly! And she really is. Smudge is a great dog who loves everyone she meets. You have to watch out though because if your lap is empty, she will be in it! Smudge's charming "snorting" sounds she makes are so adorable you won't be able to keep from smiling when you meet her. Whoever adopts this gem will be the envy of all the staff!

Smudge was one of hundreds of dogs rescued from a hoarder in the desert. The dogs there were not provided with adequate shelter, food, water or vaccinations and eventually were abandoned there. Thankfully, NLOL was able to save this girl and give her another chance at a happy life!

Smudge is a 4-year-old, female, Staffie/Boxer mix. She is dog friendly, great with people, good with kids, and seems to be housebroken.

If you are interesting in adopting Smudge, you can review our adoption procedures on our website to find out how to proceed: http://newleash.org/procedures.asp. You can also e-mail adopt@nlol.org (sorry about the icon haha) or call us at 661-255-0097 for more info!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stubbydog-project/stubbydog-r escue-dog-of-the-week-2-smudge/160962400620980
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 12:23 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Valentines for Shelter Dogs: a StubbyDog Donation Drive!

StubbyDog

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 12:22pm PST 
Calling All Cupids!

We need your help to spread the LOVE to shelter dogs for Valentine’s Day!

Some very special StubbyDog Cupids have set up donation drives in their areas to support dogs in their local pit bull-friendly shelters. Now YOU get to help those dogs by donating items from their wish lists all February long! All you have to do is scroll down to find a location near you, purchase items from their Valentine’s Day wish list, and deliver them to one of the donation drop off locations (listed below).

Not seeing a shelter near you? We’d love for our fans to donate to the shelter in their local community or make an online donation to one of the shelters listed here by visiting our Amazon store: http://astore.amazon.com/stubbyorg-20

At the Amazon store we’ve got a special Cupid section, filled with items from our participating shelter’s wish lists! All you have to do is pick items from our Amazon store and have it shipped to any shelter or rescue in the country (mailing addresses for participating shelters are listed below or you can look up a local shelter’s address and ship it to them). Don't forget to add a free gift note that says "Happy Valentine's Day from StubbyDog and (your name)!"

Note: We know that there are many areas of the country that don’t have a participating Cupid this time, but we promise that with each StubbyDog event we’ll add more local team members and spread the love to more dogs. We hope you’ll join us as we continue to grow! If you'd like to volunteer, please contact Laura at: laurap@stubbydog.org

In the meantime, we're really excited about supporting some of the areas that have large pit bull populations in need, like NYC, Philly, and Baltimore and we hope you'll reach out to these deserving dogs!

LANCASTER, PA: benefiting Humane League of Lancaster County

Drop Off Locations:

Humane League of Lancaster County

2195 Lincoln Highway East

Lancaster, PA 17602

(717) 393-6551

That Fish Place

237 Centerville Road

Lancaster, PA 17603

Wish List Items: Rope toys, Kongs, peanut butter, large rubber bones, dog puzzle games (like Busy Buddy toys), blankets and treats.

PHILADELPHIA: benefiting Philly Paws

Drop Off Locations:

Philly Paws Clinic

2900 Grays Ferry Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19146

215-298-9680

Chic Petique

1040 N 2nd St

Philadelphia, PA 19123 (liberty walk)

Wish List Items: Kongs, Nylabones, tough toys, Canned Dog Food, Dog treats, paper towels, contractor size trash bags (no bedding please!)

BALTIMORE: benefiting BARCS

Drop off locations:

Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter, Inc.

301 Stockholm Street

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

410 - 396 - 4695

Howl (Hampden)

3531 Chestnut Ave

Baltimore, MD 21211

Pretentious Pooch (Mt. Vernon)

1017 Cathedral Street

Baltimore, MD 21201

Doggie Style (Federal Hill)

1130 Light Street

Baltimore, MD 21230-4105

Doggie Style (Canton)

2924 O'Donnell St

Baltimore, MD 21224 ⁠

Dogma (Canton/Brewers Hill)

3600 Boston Street

Baltimore, MD 21224

Dogma (Mt. Washington)

1340 Smith Ave # B

Baltimore, MD 21209

(by Whole Foods)

Wish List Items: Kongs, nylabones, tough toys, canned food, 6' strong leashes, martingale collars, bleach, rubbing alcohol, paper towels, towels/sheets/blankets

NEW YORK: benefiting Animal Care & Control of NYC

Drop off Locations:

Animal Care & Control of NYC

326 E 110th Street

New York, NY 10029

(212) 722-3580

11 Park Place, Suite 805

New York, NY 10007

(212) 442-2076

2336 Linden Blvd

Brooklyn, NY 11208

(718) 272-7289

3139 Veterans Road

West Staten Island, NY 10309

(718) 967-3526

Camp Bow Wow

4716 Austell Place

Long Island City, NY 11101

Manhattan Vet Group

240 East 80th Street

New York, NY 10075

New York Vet Hospital

150 East 74th Street

New York, NY 10021

Wish list items: Kongs, hard rubber toys (like Kong balls), blankets, towels, canned dog food (Purina), canned cat food (Friskies or Fancy Feast), and catnip toys (no feather or string)

IDAHO: benefiting the Humane Society of the Palouse

Drop off Locations:

Humane Society of the Palouse

2019 White Ave

Moscow,ID 83843

(208) 883-1166

Wish list items: Kongs (L and XL Red and Black), Kong Toys (L and XL), Nylabones (L and XL), Purina Busy Bones (M, L), Greenines (XL), dog treats, Large rawhide knot bones (natural), XL dog beds, Fire hose style tough toys, Halti collar (L, XL), 1" wide 12 inch or longer heavy duty nylon flat or martingale collars

FLORIDA w/Pit Bull Happenings: benefiting Pasco County Animal Services Center and Pinellas County Animal Services

Drop off locations for Pasco County:

Pasco County: Animal Services Center

19640 Dogpatch Lane (Formerly Lake Patience Rd.)

Land O' Lakes, FL 34638

(813) 929-1212

Tony Pepperoni's Pizzeria

13229 US Highway19

Hudson, FL 34667

Drop off locations for Pinellas County: TBA - please check back!

Wish list Pasco County: Large Black Kongs, Durable Toys, New Leashes and Collars (not used), Dog Treats, Canned dog food

Wish list Pinellas County: Canned Dog Food, Dog treats, Kongs, Durable Toys, blankets and towels

SAN DIEGO w/Pretties with Pitties: benefiting San Diego Pit Bull Rescue

Drop off Locations: TBA - please check back!

Mailing Address:

Pit Bull Rescue San Diego

PMB 368

5694 Mission Center Road, Suite 602

San Diego, CA 92108

(858) 693-7331

Wish list items: Buster Cubes (Large), Kongs (L, XL Black), Kong toys (L, XL, Black), Compressed Rawhide (5”-12” inch bones and rolls), Bully Sticks, Metal Crates (all sizes), office supplies (stamps, #10 envelopes, Avery 8160 laser/ink jet labels), hypoallergenic laundry detergent
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 12:22 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Valentines for Shelter Dogs: a StubbyDog Donation Drive!
StubbyDog

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 12:21pm PST 
Calling All Cupids!

We need your help to spread the LOVE to shelter dogs for Valentine’s Day!

Some very special StubbyDog Cupids have set up donation drives in their areas to support dogs in their local pit bull-friendly shelters. Now YOU get to help those dogs by donating items from their wish lists all February long! All you have to do is scroll down to find a location near you, purchase items from their Valentine’s Day wish list, and deliver them to one of the donation drop off locations (listed below).

Not seeing a shelter near you? We’d love for our fans to donate to the shelter in their local community or make an online donation to one of the shelters listed here by visiting our Amazon store: http://astore.amazon.com/stubbyorg-20

At the Amazon store we’ve got a special Cupid section, filled with items from our participating shelter’s wish lists! All you have to do is pick items from our Amazon store and have it shipped to any shelter or rescue in the country (mailing addresses for participating shelters are listed below or you can look up a local shelter’s address and ship it to them). Don't forget to add a free gift note that says "Happy Valentine's Day from StubbyDog and (your name)!"

Note: We know that there are many areas of the country that don’t have a participating Cupid this time, but we promise that with each StubbyDog event we’ll add more local team members and spread the love to more dogs. We hope you’ll join us as we continue to grow! If you'd like to volunteer, please contact Laura at: laurap@stubbydog.org

In the meantime, we're really excited about supporting some of the areas that have large pit bull populations in need, like NYC, Philly, and Baltimore and we hope you'll reach out to these deserving dogs!

LANCASTER, PA: benefiting Humane League of Lancaster County

Drop Off Locations:

Humane League of Lancaster County

2195 Lincoln Highway East

Lancaster, PA 17602

(717) 393-6551

That Fish Place

237 Centerville Road

Lancaster, PA 17603

Wish List Items: Rope toys, Kongs, peanut butter, large rubber bones, dog puzzle games (like Busy Buddy toys), blankets and treats.

PHILADELPHIA: benefiting Philly Paws

Drop Off Locations:

Philly Paws Clinic

2900 Grays Ferry Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19146

215-298-9680

Chic Petique

1040 N 2nd St

Philadelphia, PA 19123 (liberty walk)

Wish List Items: Kongs, Nylabones, tough toys, Canned Dog Food, Dog treats, paper towels, contractor size trash bags (no bedding please!)

BALTIMORE: benefiting BARCS

Drop off locations:

Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter, Inc.

301 Stockholm Street

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

410 - 396 - 4695

Howl (Hampden)

3531 Chestnut Ave

Baltimore, MD 21211

Pretentious Pooch (Mt. Vernon)

1017 Cathedral Street

Baltimore, MD 21201

Doggie Style (Federal Hill)

1130 Light Street

Baltimore, MD 21230-4105

Doggie Style (Canton)

2924 O'Donnell St

Baltimore, MD 21224 ⁠

Dogma (Canton/Brewers Hill)

3600 Boston Street

Baltimore, MD 21224

Dogma (Mt. Washington)

1340 Smith Ave # B

Baltimore, MD 21209

(by Whole Foods)

Wish List Items: Kongs, nylabones, tough toys, canned food, 6' strong leashes, martingale collars, bleach, rubbing alcohol, paper towels, towels/sheets/blankets

NEW YORK: benefiting Animal Care & Control of NYC

Drop off Locations:

Animal Care & Control of NYC

326 E 110th Street

New York, NY 10029

(212) 722-3580

11 Park Place, Suite 805

New York, NY 10007

(212) 442-2076

2336 Linden Blvd

Brooklyn, NY 11208

(718) 272-7289

3139 Veterans Road

West Staten Island, NY 10309

(718) 967-3526

Camp Bow Wow

4716 Austell Place

Long Island City, NY 11101

Manhattan Vet Group

240 East 80th Street

New York, NY 10075

New York Vet Hospital

150 East 74th Street

New York, NY 10021

Wish list items: Kongs, hard rubber toys (like Kong balls), blankets, towels, canned dog food (Purina), canned cat food (Friskies or Fancy Feast), and catnip toys (no feather or string)

IDAHO: benefiting the Humane Society of the Palouse

Drop off Locations:

Humane Society of the Palouse

2019 White Ave

Moscow,ID 83843

(208) 883-1166

Wish list items: Kongs (L and XL Red and Black), Kong Toys (L and XL), Nylabones (L and XL), Purina Busy Bones (M, L), Greenines (XL), dog treats, Large rawhide knot bones (natural), XL dog beds, Fire hose style tough toys, Halti collar (L, XL), 1" wide 12 inch or longer heavy duty nylon flat or martingale collars

FLORIDA w/Pit Bull Happenings: benefiting Pasco County Animal Services Center and Pinellas County Animal Services

Drop off locations for Pasco County:

Pasco County: Animal Services Center

19640 Dogpatch Lane (Formerly Lake Patience Rd.)

Land O' Lakes, FL 34638

(813) 929-1212

Tony Pepperoni's Pizzeria

13229 US Highway19

Hudson, FL 34667

Drop off locations for Pinellas County: TBA - please check back!

Wish list Pasco County: Large Black Kongs, Durable Toys, New Leashes and Collars (not used), Dog Treats, Canned dog food

Wish list Pinellas County: Canned Dog Food, Dog treats, Kongs, Durable Toys, blankets and towels

SAN DIEGO w/Pretties with Pitties: benefiting San Diego Pit Bull Rescue

Drop off Locations: TBA - please check back!

Mailing Address:

Pit Bull Rescue San Diego

PMB 368

5694 Mission Center Road, Suite 602

San Diego, CA 92108

(858) 693-7331

Wish list items: Buster Cubes (Large), Kongs (L, XL Black), Kong toys (L, XL, Black), Compressed Rawhide (5”-12” inch bones and rolls), Bully Sticks, Metal Crates (all sizes), office supplies (stamps, #10 envelopes, Avery 8160 laser/ink jet labels), hypoallergenic laundry detergent
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 12:21 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.