Postings by Carl

GO!

Behavior & Training > Is your dog a snuggle-dog?

Carl

Hi! Will you be- my friend?

Barked: Thu Oct 21, '10 4:07pm PST 
I LOVES to snuggle! If I don't get my morning cuddle-time, I pout all day.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by The Urban Hounds (Formerly the, Oct 24 4:18 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Should I?
Carl

Barked: Sun Oct 17, '10 12:56pm PST 
If you want a pit that is good with kids, look for one that is being fostered through a shelter or rescue in a home with kids.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Carl, Oct 17 12:56 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > When someone asks what kind of dog you have

Carl

Barked: Sun Oct 17, '10 12:53pm PST 
My mommy and daddy aren't even really sure if I am an APBT mix (I might have some American Bulldog, Dogo Argentino, and even some Dalmatian in me), but when somebody asks them if I'm a pit bull, they say "Yes!"

They're hoping that people will see how friendly and cuddly and sometimes-well-behaved I am and change their opinions about pit bulls.
[notify]
» There has since been 53 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 1:58 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Leaving pit home alone with another dog?

Carl

Barked: Wed Sep 1, '10 12:43pm PST 
My Mommy crates me and my lab brother, but not my Aussie Shepherd sister. But it's not because I'm a pittie. It's actually my sister who would probably start a fight if Mommy wasn't home. Plus, me and my brother get kinda bored if Mommy's not home, and we start to redecorate (Mommy calls it "destroying stuff")
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Carl, Sep 1 12:43 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Vigil in Philadelphia 6/17/10 for victim of animal torture/cruelty

Carl

Barked: Wed Jun 16, '10 6:08pm PST 
Animal torture case inspires vigil in N. Phila.

Animal welfare advocates from the law enforcement, social services, education, and political communities are hosting a vigil Thursday at a North Philadelphia playground to call for an end to violence against all living things and to remember the mixed-breed dog found tortured to death there on Wednesday.

The 1-year-old pitbull mix puppy, posthumously named Flora, was killed in Barrett Playground and found suspended by a rope from playground equipment. Veterinarians determined the cause of death to be strangulation. Humane officers told the Daily News the killing was "sick."

"This is a very sick individual, because they hung [Flora] just about an inch from the ground," said George Bengal, director of law enforcement for the Pennsylvania SPCA.

"They literally tortured the dog to death," he said.

Organizers say they hope the vigil sends a powerful message that violence against any living being will not be tolerated. Mounting evidence demonstrates the link between animal cruelty and serious crimes of more narrowly human concern, including homicide, spousal and child abuse, rape, drugs, and illegal firearms.

At least 88% of families under state supervision for child abuse and at least 50% of those involved in school shootings have a history of animal abuse, according to a New York Times report.

The vigil will take place from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to bring their dogs.

Speakers include:

· City Councilman At Large Bill Greenlee

· Philadelphia Assistant District Attorney Barbara Paul

· Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals CEO Susan Cosby

· Humane Society of the United States Coordinator for “End Dogfighting Philadelphia” Rebecca Glenn-Dinwoodie

· Philadelphia Adult Protective Services Supervisor Jennifer Spoeri

· Need in Deed Program Manager Monica Lyons-Jones

· Social Worker/2010 Philadelphia Humane Educator of the Year Kim Wolf

During the vigil a memorial will be constructed at the playground – with flowers, dog toys, candles, and cards – to honor Flora’s life, organizers said.

Attendees will also be canvassing the neighborhood with flyers seeking information on the crime. Philadelphia students who worked with the group Need in Deed will be distributing bilingual brochures they created on the link between animal abuse and child abuse.

The Humane Society of the United States and the PSPCA are offering a $3,500 reward for information leading to the conviction of those responsible in the dog's death. Anyone with information should call the PSPCA anti-cruelty hotline at 866-601-SPCA.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Jun 18 7:51 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Hi! I'm new!
Carl

Barked: Thu Jun 10, '10 5:34pm PST 
Hi! My mommy just joined Dogster. I'm probably not actually an APBT, but that's what the shelter said I was.

I'm about a year old. I spent 6 months in the shelter before Mommy and Daddy brought me home. They actually were going to "foster" me, but decided after a week (!) that they couldn't bear to let me go.

I have an Australian Shepherd sister named Reese. She's usually fun to play with, but sometimes she gets grouchy and goes to her corner -- I don't bother her when she goes to her corner!

And sometimes, my half-brother, a yellow lab, comes to visit! He mostly lives with mommy's ex-husband. But he's fun to play with too!

I love to play fetch, and go swimming, and play play play! At least once a day, I get a crazy case of zoomies and run all over the house.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 8:21 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > I'm famous!

Carl

Barked: Mon Jun 7, '10 6:33pm PST 
My daddy uploaded a picture of me to IHasaHotDog.com. Sumbuddy else saw the picture and made a funny caption, and the IHasaHotDog people chose to publish it!

http://ihasahotdog.com/2010/06/07/funny-dog-pictures-see-the-fur niture/
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucille, Jun 8 12:28 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.