Postings by Lizzie, CGC

GO!

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

Behavior & Training > Scent Rolling on weird things
Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 8:52am PST 
Lizzie rolls on dead worms, dead fish, invisible things... She also really likes certain fabric softeners or laundry detergent, even some shampoos and cologne, and she will rub all over people if they smell strongly of those scents.

The most embarrassing thing she rolls on though is the rawhides and other chewies at pet stores. She once knocked down an entire shelf at Petco while I had my back turned!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Jan 9 9:07 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Name Changing?
Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 5:50pm PST 
Lizzie was between 6 and 9 when I got her from her old family. Her name was Buttercup. I just couldn't picture myself calling her that. I changed her name immediately with no issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Oct 31 8:08 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Guess - New Foster #1

Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 3:48pm PST 
Reminds me of my Lizzie!! I want him!!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Oct 3 12:58 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Finish the sentence.

Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 8:23pm PST 
LET ME CHASE THE SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Darcy, Aug 31 8:47 am

Behavior & Training > Funny

Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 1:19pm PST 
I had a kid ask me if Lizzie was part werewolf...
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Aug 11 7:36 pm

Dog Health > Natural anti anxiety medications
Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 6:55pm PST 
I really like Happy Traveler. It's an herbal sedative. It has (I believe- I'm thinking off of the top of my head here) frankincense, valerian, and lavender. I pull the pill open, pour out the contents into some canned food, mix, and give it to the dog. It really helps Lizzie with thunderstorms.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Duke, May 15 6:33 pm

Behavior & Training > Share your CGC/CGN experiences with me!

Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Wed Apr 11, '12 8:05pm PST 
Having a CGC on your dog can come in very handy. Lizzie had to have hers to join the local therapy dog club. It also helps you when you want to rent, if you want permission to have more dogs than are usually allowed where you live, etc. It can also help if you have legal issues with your dog because it shows that you have a level of commitment to your dog and your dog has training many dogs don't have.

When I took the test, I felt like the trainer passed too many people. Lizzie got nipped at by another dog (the dog was nipping other dogs too) and that dog passed. Lizzie also cried quite a bit during the supervised separation, so I don't think she should have passed either. I don't know if Sarah could pass- she gets nervous around strange dogs and would probably growl...
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 5:04 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Do you, or have you ever, regretted choosing your dog?

Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '12 7:57pm PST 
Sometimes I regret adopting Lizzie. She was a somewhat impulsive adoption. Even though I had been looking at dogs for awhile online she was the first I met. She was a private rehome and her owners I don't think asked me enough questions to make sure I was a good fit. God knows I didn't ask enough other than to ask if she was housetrained, if she would be ok in an apartment with me gone during the day and if she would be ok with my cats. I didn't even know how old she was when I got her. They said she was between 6 and 9, so she's either 9 or 12 now...

Lizzie was my first dog, and while she was PERFECT for the first few years I've had her, we've just never had that tight bond that I have with Sarah. I think it's just part of her getting older (9ish? 12sh?), but she has been crabbier than normal. She bit Sarah a few months ago and a few weeks ago she bit my foster dog. The first bite was her herding Sarah and then when Sarah didn't want to be herded anymore it turned into a scrap- everyone was too excied. The second one was over a bone. She is definitely the "queen B" (as in "itch") in this house. She will give lots of growly warnings and posturing, but she is not afraid to take it to the next level if the dog doesn't listen. It bothers me to see Sarah slink around because of Lizzie. She doesn't always act afraid, but some days they just don't get along as well. Lizzie also likes to herd my cats, jump my fence, and be a jerk to the fosters. I still love her and she'll be with me to the day she dies!
[notify]
» There has since been 55 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Aug 10 9:29 am

Behavior & Training > Well, now I know

Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Sun Mar 25, '12 7:30pm PST 
Maggie- my Aussie Lizzie is the same way! You would think Sarah, a Jack Russell mix, would be a critter killer, but she hasn't killed anything in the two years I've had her. Lizzie on the other hand, has gotten several mice, many squirrels, a muskrat, and a woodchuck. I have no doubt she would kill more if she ran across it. I got her when she was 6 years old, and her old owners said she used to fight coyotes and take down deer with the help of her two littermates (she used to live on a farm).
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maggie, Mar 26 10:09 am

Dog Health > Difference in teeth spray cleaners?
Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 3:31pm PST 
Sanka-
I noticed the same thing with the Petzlife spray on Lizzie. One of her upper canine teeth is beautiful now, the other one looks like it was never touched!

Sorry I don't know more about different options- still working on my two bottles of Petzlife!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jan 5 6:38 pm

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.