Postings by ♥ Houndy ♥

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > ADOPT/RESCUE 2012 CONTEST FINAL ANNOUCEMENT! SO EXCITED FUR EVERYFUR!
♥- Houndy- ♥

I am so sweet- and goofy!- ♥♥♥

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 11:24am PST 
Sooo happy!!! I just entered the contest for the fun of it, never even dreamed my sweet Houndy would be the winner of his category, Sassy's Seniors.

Thanks so much! hug hug hug hug hug

** Also, I made a typo in the middle of the 4th paragraph - The date I decided to foster Houndy was Saturday March 19th 2011, NOT 2012. **

And one more thing I forgot to add to Houndy's story. I must have been tired that night ....

During the 9 months we were just fostering Houndy, he was adopted and returned to us 3 times, due to NO fault of his own, just human error. Each time he was returned, made us realize how we really are the perfect family for him! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Sep 1 8:37 pm

Plus Contests > ADOPT/RESCUE 2012 CONTEST FINAL ANNOUCEMENT! SO EXCITED FUR EVERYFUR!
♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 11:23am PST 
Sooo happy!!! I just entered the contest for the fun of it, never even dreamed my sweet Houndy would be the winner of his category, Sassy's Seniors.

Thanks so much! hug hug hug hug hug

** Also, I made a typo in the middle of the 4th paragraph - The date I decided to foster Houndy was Saturday March 19th 2011, NOT 2012. **

And one more thing I forgot to add to Houndy's story. I must have been tired that night ....

During the 9 months we were just fostering Houndy, he was adopted and returned to us 3 times, due to NO fault of his own, just human error. Each time he was returned, made us realize how we really are the perfect family for him! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Dogster Dog, Aug 29 11:36 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Eventful night in the Emergency Vet last night

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 4:58pm PST 
Houndy is still doing absolutely wonderful and is totally back to his routine. I took him to Petsmart on Saturday. Going to Petsmart every Saturday was part of his old routine, so I can volunteer and see if he could get adopted, but now that we are keeping him, I'm not going to be taking him there anymore, but I had to take him one last time. I could not say "NO" to his excited, happy and pleading eyes just BEGGING me to take him. He LOVES car rides and going to Petsmart, so that will be a big change for him.

When we got to Petsmart, though, he got the DEADLY gasses. Nobody could stand to even be near his kennel, the other rescue group could smell it too. The director told me it could just be because he is nervous being there and to give him some plain white yogurt with pro-biotic cultures, since he does have gas every once in a while at my house. I've heard plain white yogurt does wonders for the coat and keeping the dog healthy, so I think it'll work. He's never had gas that bad at Petsmart, so the director was worried he could be starting a relapse since his stomach was full of gas and that is most likely what caused this whole episode, but no other symptoms are present right now, so we'll keep an eye on him smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 4:15pm PST 
He's home, my baby is HOME!! We just got back from the 2 hour drive (total time to Logan and back) to get him. I am so happy and I can tell he is happy, too! ♥♥♥
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 1:01pm PST 
Houndy is still doing great - still always hungry and wants Lisa's breakfast every morning, still happy. We are still stuck as to what the next step will be - we need to find out if he really has a mass or not. Lisa will be talking to the vet (Dr. Nemanic) tomorrow to find out what step she wants to take next, whether it be more X-rays and another ultrasound to see if we can find the mass again and if they do find it again, they will do a fine needle aspiration of the cells to see if it is malignant, or benign. The mass could even be as simple as a swollen lymph node, so we will not know until if we find the mass again.

I will keep everyone updated as to what Dr. Nemanic says tomorrow. Thanks for all of the POTP and prayers. It is greatly appreciated! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 10:55pm PST 
Houndy is doing GREAT! And best news ever - He is EATING again!!!!! Lisa thinks that he just didn't like the Science Diet food at the vet (which many dogs don't) and he refused to eat it. He was definitely starving because when Lisa and the vet techs would take him outside to potty and go for a little walk, he would eat weeds and horse poop, he just didn't like the Science Diet. He's keeping the Iams food down just fine, and he will be staying at Lisa's for 1 week, because he is on 5 different medications and she wants to make sure he doesn't have another relapse. We are hoping all of his symptoms subside, but if not, he will need exploratory surgery, and find out what the mass is (if there is even a mass! They could never find it again on the X-rays or ultrasound). If all of his symptoms subside, he will be released back to us and hopefully everything will be back to normal, AND we can get him back on Blue Buffalo that he has been eating for 9 months at my house. This has been the weirdest thing ever. It went from a simple stomach upset to a mass, and back to pretty much normal. He was taken away from his family and will be away from us until at least end of next week, probably longer. I hope he doesn't think he did anything wrong, and that we are upset at him and sent him away frown Like in the book "Until Tuesday" the sensitive Golden Retriever, Tuesday, who was a service dog for a wounded soldier. Houndy's story this past week, totally reminds me of this book. It's a good book, I won't spoil it, but it is worth reading if you are into dogs and the way they help people! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 12:10pm PST 
Houndy is as happy as can be. He is peeing, pooping, drinking, and off the IV fluids, but he absolutely refuses to eat. Since he won't eat, they know he is still in pain. So yesterday, they took more X rays of his abdominal section, and come to find out, they see some sort of MASS above his bladder. They are going to do a fine-needle aspiration of the mass to find out what it is today. Then Lisa is coming in to the clinic at 5:15 to talk to the vet and he will give more information, then Lisa will call me and let me know what's going on. I will give everyone an update on what Lisa says in the evening. This is so frustrating. I just want to know what is wrong with him. I want an explanation for his symptoms frown Poor Houndy.

They are thinking of releasing him to Lisa today or tomorrow and getting him into a home environment to see if he'll eat then. I would really like him to be home with us, I really think he misses my family and I, and I think he would eat, if he was back home with us. We'll see. I'm too anxious for answers to wait until evening, but I guess I'll just have to wait confused

I have mentioned Lisa quite a bit, if anyone is wondering who she is, she's the director of the rescue Houndy is from. She has been paying for everything. Probably over well over $2000 now. Thank goodness we (the foster family) don't have to pay for all this shock
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 4:18pm PST 
Good Ole Houndy... acting healthy again and as though nothing is wrong smile They are currently almost done with a Barium Study. They gave him a bunch of Barium and they have been taking X rays all day long to see how the Barium progresses through his digestive track. They did note that his stomach was full of air and dilated, they couldn't figure out why, but he is SO happy, wagging his tail, walking around, barking to see Lisa, and just acting himself. He's acting MUCH better and looks good according to Lisa. If he would have ate and didn't throw up this morning, he would be home! Silly Houndy. This is good news and hopefully it'll stay this way! smile I will continue to give everyone updates!
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 11:23am PST 
My dad said he can stay with us for his remaining years. We love him here and he deserves a forever home so much, we might as well just keep him. I don't know who is going to want to adopt an old dog with medical problems, it's sad, but true. He can stay here, though, we love him and want him to be loved and comfortable in his last few years. We are as perfect for him as he is for us! ♥
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

♥- Houndy- ♥

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 10:48am PST 
Well...back to step A. Trying to find a diagnosis for Houndy frown This morning, he won't eat and is very painful on his side. They are going to take more blood work and coat his stomach with this stuff (forgot what it's called) in case he has an ULCER. NO answers, NO Houndy cry
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by ♥ Houndy ♥, Jan 15 4:58 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.