Postings by Sydney

GO!

Behavior & Training > First Dog OVer-Stressed Due to New Second Dog

Sydney

Everyone must- love da Syd!!

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 8:22pm PST 
Has anyone ever had a dog that got so stressed out that you got a second dog, that the first dog throws up, won't eat, gets diarea and possibly stress collitis?

First dog is a female Australian Sheperd Mix and we think the second dog is a male beagle mix (possibly with pitt bull or boxer). Both are spayed/neutered, but the second male dog constantly wants to hump our first dog, who just hides in her crate all day with sad eyes looking at us. Lots of panting also.

She also gets very stressed out when i have to tell the second dog sit, off, etc. she'll cringe like i'm correcting her but i'm correcting the second dog.

Our first dog is actually more of a people dog.. our petsitter said she fits in fine with her pack and that she will actually play some with the other dogs. At the dog park, she doesn't play with other dogs so much, but she will run and herd the first dog when a bunch are running togehter, then when the running stops she comes back to us.

Is my fist dog just not cut out to have a second dog in the family? Has anyone had a similar situation where it ended up working out??

Thanks so much in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 4 7:51 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > I NEED 175 VOTES TO BE IN THE LEAD - VOTE FOR MAXIMILLIAN ON WCIU.COM FOR TOP U DOG!!!
Sydney

Barked: Thu Feb 25, '10 6:37pm PST 
He is such a cute dog! I voted for him and so did my husband. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sydney, Feb 25 6:37 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > Please Vote For Me!

Sydney

Barked: Thu Feb 25, '10 6:28pm PST 
Please vote for me here 2-26-10 thru 3-4-10:

http://mvp.bissell.com/mvp_PetDetail.aspx?id=8590064801

Thank you in advance! I am voting for all of you as well!

Winners will have their dog's picture on the box of a Bissell product, a Bissell Vaccum or Cleaner, a shopping spree, and a donation made to their favorite charity. If you are not entered you may want to check it out!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sydney, Feb 25 6:28 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.