GO!

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Lily and- Moira

Happy Birthday- to us!!!!

Barked: Sun Jul 20, '14 3:25am PST 
Oh, good, more puppy pictures coming!

I had no trouble getting into Dogster. Maybe things are looking up.

Sonja, it sounds like a great trip. Pictures? I want to thank you for the lymphatic exercises you posted for someone a couple of months ago. My therapist feels they are helping on several levels.

Today was my first day out and about. My hands are sore from using crutches, but it went pretty well. Inclines are fun when you have to keep your weight on your heel. Went to the art fair, the beach and to dinner. Stainless steel pins are out and the titanium plate isn't burning anymore. Strange, but good. The doctor was pleased with the Xrays. I was a little bummed because the cast isn't the end. I move to the big boot next. Oh, well, time will pass and I will probably be a little more mobile with it as opposed to this cast.

Lily and Moira are being very quiet. Are they bummed because I was away Thursday and today? Spoiled babies.
[notify]
» There has since been 230 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '14 3:27pm PST 
Sanka, you did the right thing, though it must have been a sight. Have you tried Oxiclean on the blouse? Make a paste and leave it on a while.

This is the first time I've been able to get on in several days. Not much going on here. The plate in my foot is burning. I'm hoping there's no metal allergy going on. I react to stainless steel so the doctor used titanium. Hopefully, it's just healing. First X rays are Thursday, plus the pins are coming out. 2 more weeks and the big cast comes off.

L and M aren't getting exercise - I can't convince the youngster how long a walk they are used to, but they will survive.
[notify]
» There has since been 247 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Sat May 31, '14 6:56pm PST 
Excellent news, Sonja. party Lily and Moira see the doctor on Tuesday. They need their annual exams and Lepto vaccines. We will ask about Lyme as we always do - so far haven't received that one. I don't want it if it's not in the area and Dr H will know. Moira needs a supply of Vectra insect repellant. Frontline Plus works for Lily, but not Ri and she's the one allergic to flea saliva. Frontline is better priced. I don't know if Moira needs any vaccines. If she does, it will mean multiple trips as I don't give her more than one vaccine at a time. Lily is done - Dr Dodds' protocol says none after seven and Miss Lily is nine. Just rabies as required by the state(every three years).

We just went out and fed the mosquitoes. They are huge and hungry this year. Usually they don't bother me while I'm moving, but no such luck this evening.

All pots are planted and just one rose bush to go unless Mejier's replaces the two that didn't survive the winter. The rose tree didn't either, but it was purchased downstate. Then I get to mow unless my handyman shows up. I guess I need to call him.

New neighbors across the street with a gorgeous Sheltie with excellent manners. Moira just sits and stares at him, willing him to cross the street as he is loose, but he doesn't leave the yard. Pretty boy!
[notify]
» There has since been 475 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 8:53pm PST 
Hi, all. This week has been a whirlwind. I had a Dr app't to arrange for my next foot surgery and have had several phone conversations to decide whether to allow the surgeon to clip the Achilles tendon, too. My oldest daughter had a knee replacement so I made numerous hospital runs and today I had a meeting, then a massage and have been sleeping since. Good grief, Jason, what did you do to me? Poor furgirls only had a short walk this morning so I just let them out loose. Moira's not likely to find any running boys or bikers to chase this time of night. I had an all day quilting session yesterday which is harder than it sounds. The worship committee at church requested a special quilt on too short a timeline, but it will be completed. People just don't understand the hours in a handmade quilt. Not complaining, just stating a fact.

Sanka, if I didn't live where I have a two dog limit, I'd be a hoarder. As it is, I am thinking of investigating the conditions the local Amish breeders are raising their Papillions in. If they are crated, I can't support that, but if they are free to run, I wouldn't be as against their back yard breeding. I know they are not allowed in their houses, but living with a vacuum in one hand, I can understand that. BTW, the Hoover Wind Tunnel Max with a bag does a fine job on dog hair with the Hoover SteamVac on back up because I still I have a lot of white carpet. I only changed the family room to a hard floor after the flood. I didn't get to see the dog you are looking at. For some reason, this computer shows NO Facebook videos. Sooner or later, I will have to check on it because I'm missing out on some family ones. Not links, not uploads, nothing on Facebook.

Cadillac just started city wide recycling. Previously, you had to take it to a recycling center and put it in the correct bin. I have no idea what the level of compliance is - probably not great. So many don't return pop and beer cans and there's a 10 cent bounty there - not free, of course, because you pay it at time of purchase. Actually, I don't return mine because I don't like the bottle rooms at the stores. I donate them to a youth group who uses the funds to support a student in Africa. Works for me.

The south facing flower beds are free of snow - the north, not so much. Track season has started. There are huge snow piles separating the track, the discus field and the shot put area, but they are slowly disappearing. This week has been nasty - cold, rainy and blowing with a three inch snow fall late Monday. I was glad my friend was driving coming out of TC late Monday. My car, but he likes to drive. My foot said okay after a day of prodding and Xrays.

Time to go snuggle with my furries. It seems like days ago we had our morning singing session. Lily can sing - I try and Moira dances. Luckily, no one films it.
[notify]
» There has since been 799 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Tue Jan 28, '14 6:40pm PST 
Ellie, I went to Tala's page to check but I didn't need to. Except for the resource guarding, you described a Siberian perfectly. "You want me to do what? and why? Don't be put off by the aloof attitude. Jo, Mia and Lily would walk through fire for me, but they had/have none of the need to touched all the time like a certain little BC/Lab mix who is currently under my feet. Does Lily love me less than Moira? - nope - just has a different way of showing it. My Heeler/Aussie was affectionate like Moira, too. Mia was Sib/wolf and had to be where I was. Lily doesn't have that trait. One of my bathrooms wouldn't fit all three of us too well if she did. She does have to know where I'm at. If she loses me in the house, she'll come look and go back to what she was doing. Kind of convenient as she helped with my balance when my nuerathaphy was bad last year.

Flooring is looking good, but going slow. My installer is very meticulous, thank goodness. Now he wants molding on every linear which isn't needed with this flooring. Oh, well, I always wanted to spend a weekend staining molding.

Doggies are going to be sad when he's finished. They are the greeting party and wait patiently for him to finish each day so they can have their time with him. They aren't allowed to bother people when they are working, but you can tell they are waiting. Yesterday they wouldn't walk on the new floor. I figured out the problem last night. They aren't allowed to walk on things on the floor like a quilt I'm working on, so they assumed the floor belonged to John and avoided it. Last night we had a party in the kitchen and now they are fine. My funny, well behaved furgirls.
[notify]
» There has since been 1598 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Fri Jan 24, '14 10:46am PST 
I haven't been posting because my computer is at a very awkward angle - makes me wish for a minute I had purchased a laptop, but I'm short on sitting spaces, too. My friend has the underlayment down in 3 rooms - I wish he had done all four at once, but I try not to tell him how to do his job. I think he is anxious to get to the pretty part. I am thinking of doing some painting this weekend while the stove, freezer and fridge are in the family room and the computer is in the living room. Makes sense to me. It's too bad my oldest daughter is going out of town tomorrow.

It's way too cold to go out - right around 0 with 35 mph winds, but I've been out once and have 2 more trips to make. There were several pickups sitting along side the road. Why just trucks?

Poor Thor. I wanted him to be pain free and on to healing by now. Lily's tumor is growing slightly. I will have it removed next Wednesday.

Cute pictures, Bunny. I have no pic of L & M together. Lily is leery of the camera and Moira is too nosy.

Sanka, I'd be bringing that little Heeler home. Sanka wants you to happy and Chip looks like a candidate for making that happen. My ACD/Aussie and my daughter's GSD/Husky were great playmates. Sasha was not good with cats, but I could have taught her to be if I had needed to. I had her laying nose to nose with a brown Shih Tzu that she considered a squirrel so a cat wouldn't have been a problem.

Flicka, it's okay to be down once in a while as long as you have more good days than bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 1661 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Worried no other dog will live up to her...

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Thu Jan 9, '14 10:40am PST 
My heartdog, Mia, a Siberian/wolf cross died, 8 1/2 years ago and I still miss her. I didn't think I could have another dog, but my doctor 'ordered' me to. Enter the 'dog from He!!'. Sasha was a mistreated ACD/Aussie and I had my hands full. When she was civilized, she was a sweetheart, though still a handful. Then gentle Lily, a Sib/Mal/Shiba Inu mix. I did not know how to relate to a gentle dog, but obviously I learned. Then after a dream, I had to go get another rescue and came home with funny little Moira, a BC/Lab mix. Lily and Moira are not Mia, but Lily takes care of me and Moira makes me laugh. That is enough. Is it possible I was meant to have only one heartdog? The fact that Sasha, Lily and Moira aren't Mia doesn't mean they can't be loved and appreciated for who they are.

Chose a pup and let the relationship develop.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Jan 14 2:44 pm

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Wed Dec 18, '13 5:52pm PST 
No help wrapping here. Lily and Moira know what's theirs and what's mine, though Lily will eat a sock if she's in pain or stressed. She's going to the groomer for the first time Friday. I hope Lisa doesn't have any socks laying around. I think Lily will be okay because Moira will be with her plus Lisa was her obedience trainer so they have prior knowledge of each other. Ri will be fine. She loves attention in all forms and Lisa knows she has separation anxiety so she won't pen Ria up alone. The last time she was there, she spent her down time playing in the ob room with Lisa's Dobie.

Sanka, you want snow?? The paper tonight said Cadillac has had 62 inches this season by Dec 16, plus 4 yesterday and 2 more today. 68 inches and it's not Winter yet!!! The neighbors were shoveling their roof this morning. My new sectional is being delivered at 8:30 tomorrow. My old neighbor is coming at 8:00 to open the front walkway. I don't use it in the winter, but the back door is narrower with too many turns - it has to come in the front. I could get the steps and the walk, but not that heavy plowed bank at the edge of the road.

I need to clear the cupboard under the sink because that same person is installing my new dishwasher and disposal. Not a good week for it, but I can't have dinner for 20 without a dishwasher. I don't like paper plates except for picnics.

Keep warm, drive carefully and get/stay well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2378 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Mon Dec 2, '13 5:46pm PST 
My little one has one of those spelling. Everyone spells Moira as Mariah, but she's a Border Collie (mix) for Heaven sake. She arrived nameless so it was a blank slate. Her first name was Wigglebutt, then I realized that wasn't something I wanted to call out. Then Shannon - that was nixed because it's unisex, finally Moira Mae and, yes, her last name starts with a M, too.

Lily was CD at her first rescue but I didn't get her. I have no idea what the old guy 50 miles away named her. Probably left her CD. I worked had to find a name that ended in an "e" sound after I found her in a local shelter 1 1/2 years later. My red lilies (one is tall and cream and red) were blooming so she became My Red Lily. Liliana Grace if she's in trouble. The receptionist at the vet's spells it Lilly, which may be phonetically correct, but it's not the usual spelling.

The last few years I worked I spent part of the afternoon in a computer lab overseeing a reading/math program so I had to input every child's name into the system. Some of the spellings were interesting to say the least.

My second daughter is Cynthia so she started school as Cindy. In first grade she found out how to spell Cynthia so she changed Cindy to Cyndy. A bother, but she wasn't wrong and it was her name. The others have no nicknames.
[notify]
» There has since been 2591 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Tue 12:35 am

Raw Food Diet > Thinking about starting my dogs on this diet..
Lily and- Moira

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 7:09pm PST 
Is that a question or a statement? Those of us feeding raw, either completely or as a percentage of the dog's diet, feel that raw chicken bones are fine, cooked ones are to be avoided.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Dec 4 2:13 pm

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.