Postings by Lily and Moira

GO!

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Lily and- Moira

Happy Birthday- to us!!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 28, '14 6:40pm PST 
Ellie, I went to Tala's page to check but I didn't need to. Except for the resource guarding, you described a Siberian perfectly. "You want me to do what? and why? Don't be put off by the aloof attitude. Jo, Mia and Lily would walk through fire for me, but they had/have none of the need to touched all the time like a certain little BC/Lab mix who is currently under my feet. Does Lily love me less than Moira? - nope - just has a different way of showing it. My Heeler/Aussie was affectionate like Moira, too. Mia was Sib/wolf and had to be where I was. Lily doesn't have that trait. One of my bathrooms wouldn't fit all three of us too well if she did. She does have to know where I'm at. If she loses me in the house, she'll come look and go back to what she was doing. Kind of convenient as she helped with my balance when my nuerathaphy was bad last year.

Flooring is looking good, but going slow. My installer is very meticulous, thank goodness. Now he wants molding on every linear which isn't needed with this flooring. Oh, well, I always wanted to spend a weekend staining molding.

Doggies are going to be sad when he's finished. They are the greeting party and wait patiently for him to finish each day so they can have their time with him. They aren't allowed to bother people when they are working, but you can tell they are waiting. Yesterday they wouldn't walk on the new floor. I figured out the problem last night. They aren't allowed to walk on things on the floor like a quilt I'm working on, so they assumed the floor belonged to John and avoided it. Last night we had a party in the kitchen and now they are fine. My funny, well behaved furgirls.
[notify]
» There has since been 771 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Tue 4:20 pm

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Fri Jan 24, '14 10:46am PST 
I haven't been posting because my computer is at a very awkward angle - makes me wish for a minute I had purchased a laptop, but I'm short on sitting spaces, too. My friend has the underlayment down in 3 rooms - I wish he had done all four at once, but I try not to tell him how to do his job. I think he is anxious to get to the pretty part. I am thinking of doing some painting this weekend while the stove, freezer and fridge are in the family room and the computer is in the living room. Makes sense to me. It's too bad my oldest daughter is going out of town tomorrow.

It's way too cold to go out - right around 0 with 35 mph winds, but I've been out once and have 2 more trips to make. There were several pickups sitting along side the road. Why just trucks?

Poor Thor. I wanted him to be pain free and on to healing by now. Lily's tumor is growing slightly. I will have it removed next Wednesday.

Cute pictures, Bunny. I have no pic of L & M together. Lily is leery of the camera and Moira is too nosy.

Sanka, I'd be bringing that little Heeler home. Sanka wants you to happy and Chip looks like a candidate for making that happen. My ACD/Aussie and my daughter's GSD/Husky were great playmates. Sasha was not good with cats, but I could have taught her to be if I had needed to. I had her laying nose to nose with a brown Shih Tzu that she considered a squirrel so a cat wouldn't have been a problem.

Flicka, it's okay to be down once in a while as long as you have more good days than bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 834 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Tue 4:20 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Worried no other dog will live up to her...

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Thu Jan 9, '14 10:40am PST 
My heartdog, Mia, a Siberian/wolf cross died, 8 1/2 years ago and I still miss her. I didn't think I could have another dog, but my doctor 'ordered' me to. Enter the 'dog from He!!'. Sasha was a mistreated ACD/Aussie and I had my hands full. When she was civilized, she was a sweetheart, though still a handful. Then gentle Lily, a Sib/Mal/Shiba Inu mix. I did not know how to relate to a gentle dog, but obviously I learned. Then after a dream, I had to go get another rescue and came home with funny little Moira, a BC/Lab mix. Lily and Moira are not Mia, but Lily takes care of me and Moira makes me laugh. That is enough. Is it possible I was meant to have only one heartdog? The fact that Sasha, Lily and Moira aren't Mia doesn't mean they can't be loved and appreciated for who they are.

Chose a pup and let the relationship develop.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Jan 14 2:44 pm

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Wed Dec 18, '13 5:52pm PST 
No help wrapping here. Lily and Moira know what's theirs and what's mine, though Lily will eat a sock if she's in pain or stressed. She's going to the groomer for the first time Friday. I hope Lisa doesn't have any socks laying around. I think Lily will be okay because Moira will be with her plus Lisa was her obedience trainer so they have prior knowledge of each other. Ri will be fine. She loves attention in all forms and Lisa knows she has separation anxiety so she won't pen Ria up alone. The last time she was there, she spent her down time playing in the ob room with Lisa's Dobie.

Sanka, you want snow?? The paper tonight said Cadillac has had 62 inches this season by Dec 16, plus 4 yesterday and 2 more today. 68 inches and it's not Winter yet!!! The neighbors were shoveling their roof this morning. My new sectional is being delivered at 8:30 tomorrow. My old neighbor is coming at 8:00 to open the front walkway. I don't use it in the winter, but the back door is narrower with too many turns - it has to come in the front. I could get the steps and the walk, but not that heavy plowed bank at the edge of the road.

I need to clear the cupboard under the sink because that same person is installing my new dishwasher and disposal. Not a good week for it, but I can't have dinner for 20 without a dishwasher. I don't like paper plates except for picnics.

Keep warm, drive carefully and get/stay well.
[notify]
» There has since been 1551 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Tue 4:20 pm

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Mon Dec 2, '13 5:46pm PST 
My little one has one of those spelling. Everyone spells Moira as Mariah, but she's a Border Collie (mix) for Heaven sake. She arrived nameless so it was a blank slate. Her first name was Wigglebutt, then I realized that wasn't something I wanted to call out. Then Shannon - that was nixed because it's unisex, finally Moira Mae and, yes, her last name starts with a M, too.

Lily was CD at her first rescue but I didn't get her. I have no idea what the old guy 50 miles away named her. Probably left her CD. I worked had to find a name that ended in an "e" sound after I found her in a local shelter 1 1/2 years later. My red lilies (one is tall and cream and red) were blooming so she became My Red Lily. Liliana Grace if she's in trouble. The receptionist at the vet's spells it Lilly, which may be phonetically correct, but it's not the usual spelling.

The last few years I worked I spent part of the afternoon in a computer lab overseeing a reading/math program so I had to input every child's name into the system. Some of the spellings were interesting to say the least.

My second daughter is Cynthia so she started school as Cindy. In first grade she found out how to spell Cynthia so she changed Cindy to Cyndy. A bother, but she wasn't wrong and it was her name. The others have no nicknames.
[notify]
» There has since been 1764 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Tue 4:20 pm

Raw Food Diet > Thinking about starting my dogs on this diet..
Lily and- Moira

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 7:09pm PST 
Is that a question or a statement? Those of us feeding raw, either completely or as a percentage of the dog's diet, feel that raw chicken bones are fine, cooked ones are to be avoided.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Dec 4 2:13 pm

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 5:11pm PST 
Tornado warnings and watches in November as far north as the Mackinaw Bridge?????? It looks like Illinois took the brunt of it. Wicked rains here - two and three inches an hour. Thank goodness for the new roof or I'd be under water indoors. 50 mph winds are due to start at midnight - trees, siding and roofs are anticipated to have issues. Washington, Illinois looks terrible - the 7:00 news said 75 tornadoes.

Isabelle, there are doctors who don't use drugs. My doctor is deceased now and there are times when I miss him terribly. Thank goodness he made me some relaxation tapes so I have his calming voice.

Hunting is a given in N Mich. I was shocked when we moved from downstate in 1969 to find that students have the opening day of firearms season off. Nov 15 is a holiday around here. I have no problem with responsible teens and adults hunting, but not little kids. Venison is a delicacy to Lily and Moira - that's what's in their birthday cake in the joint avatar picture. I hope my son gets at least one deer so they can have more.
[notify]
» There has since been 2048 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Tue 4:20 pm

Raw Food Diet > Eggs, how many for a meal?

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 5:13pm PST 
Whole eggs don't interfere with vitamin B, just egg whites alone do. The thing that starts with an A in egg whites is off set by the yolks. An egg is a very complete food, but only you serve it all - not just the whites.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lily and Moira, Nov 7 5:13 pm

Raw Food Diet > Eggs, how many for a meal?

Lily and- Moira

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 8:32am PST 
A 50 pound dog can have 4 eggs a week, but I, too, never feed them as a meal. My dogs get a raw egg every third day which is less than the max for 58 pound Lily but about right for 34 pound Moira. Your 30 pounder can have 2 1/2 eggs a week, but not all at once.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lily and Moira, Nov 7 5:13 pm

Raw Food Diet > Chicken feet
Lily and- Moira

Barked: Wed Oct 30, '13 8:55pm PST 
Whoops. red face
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Nov 9 6:25 am

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.