GO!

Dogster Railroad > May need assistance CT to ME

Bo

the nose knows

Barked: Sun Apr 18, '10 9:03am PST 
Just saw this too. I am located right in the middle of the route in Ma. but head up to Maine fairly often. Do not have a large vehicle but could do one maybe two dogs with what I have. I have one crate. Let me know If I can help in any way.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:03 am

Basset Hound > what makes a good basset breeder?
Bo

the nose knows

Barked: Sat Jan 23, '10 1:12pm PST 
Hi
I can't really answer specifically what makes a good breeder. I adopted my basset from a rescue. I do know that bassets are prone to some health issues. My guy was diagnosed with glaucoma (can be common in bassets)before he came to us. Shortly after he arrived, he went completely blind and then had to have a double enucleation (eye removal) to end the pain he was in. So if you are going to get a dog from a breeder than you definitely want to check for that.
I know there are sites and message boards that are specifically for basset owners. thedailydrool.com is one that I sometimes look at to get info about my basset. I recently read something on there about breeders in the northeast that someone was recommending. As you probably already know there are alot of great bassets in rescue but then of course you don't know their background.

Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 1:12 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > is adopting a second dog right?

Bo

the nose knows

Barked: Fri Jan 1, '10 6:31am PST 
We just adopted a second dog. Best thing I ever did. Of course it's twice as expensive but if you think you can swing it financially than go for it. That is really the only drawback to having two. When we took in Bo we sort of "fostered to adopt". We wanted to be sure we could handle two dogs, especially one with special needs (Bo is blind), before commiting to it. It's true that alot of vets and stores give discounts to people who adopt their animals from rescues and shelters. I love having two dogs and wouldn't mind having another.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 4 4:11 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.