Postings by Sasha

GO!

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > The Itchy Scratchies
Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Tue Jul 26, '11 12:16pm PST 
Do you think they could have developed an allergy to something, like a cleaning supply, treats, or something else they are eating? Sasha developed allergies to the food we were feeding her and she had done great on it previously then all of the sudden she was itchy and smelly all over again. Or it could be that they have a flea allergy, so that one flea makes them go into itching frenzies, they could pick up just one from outside & it set them off into an itching frenzy before it died from the comfortis shrug does any of that make sense LOL. I know that happens to Sasha sometimes, but it would be strange that they both had an allergy thinking If all of this seems ridiculous, then just consider this a courtesy bump big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Allee, Bama, and Brodie Bear!, Jul 29 6:34 am

Small Dogs > Dog Chiropractor??
Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 8:13pm PST 
Maybe you guys can help me, sorry to jack the thread. How do you find a dog chiropractor? Sasha was diagnosed with a spine compression & she is at the vet getting pain meds & meds to help decompress her spine. But I would like to do TTouch or take her to a chiropractor & i need help finding one? Can someone help????
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ellie CGC, Mar 11 10:54 pm

Dog Health > Compressed Spine?

Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 8:08pm PST 
BUMP! Need help finding a holistic vet in my area, or chiropractor for sasha?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 10 9:03 pm

Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 7:11pm PST 
I live in a VERY rural area & I have very limited options, I wish I could find a chiropractor for her. Could someone help me look in my area for one? Could I do TTouch myself?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 9:03 pm

Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 3:05pm PST 
I apologize ahead of time for the length of this post. Okay I'll start at the beginning, I woke up about 10:00 this morning & Sasha was walking very weird, sorta waddling which I thought was extremely weird, but I thought it was just her belly hurting her, because often times she gets a little constipated & I have to give her some pumpkin. So I gave her some pumpkin & went about my business, well about 30 minutes later I noticed that she was laying in her bed very weird, her legs were straight out & she was lying very stiff & holding her head back towards her back instead of how she normally holds it. I picked her up & she was quivering, which she does when her belly hurts, but I sat her on the floor & she wouldn't put weight on her back legs at all, I stood her up she just sat down & would kinda slide on her butt & pull herself across the floor. I kinda moved her legs & she growled signaling that it hurt her, so I called the vet(not my normal vet but the closest one) & got in quickly. I took her in & they did an xray & found that she has a compressed spine, which they think was either a birth defect or something that happened to her right after birth. They said that sometimes it can be fixed with some type of medicine that will help to decompress her spine & pain meds, so they are keeping her. If that doesn't work she will have to have surgery & there is a time frame, if we wait too long she could be paralyzed cry They said that I brought her in quickly & she could still feel her toes which is a good thing so hopefully this will work. Anyone have any experience with this?? I really need some positive experiences or words, TIA!
Sasha's very concerned Momma.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 9:03 pm

Behavior & Training > *Update* on Diesel\'s first training class
Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 12:59pm PST 
Here are the pictures for ya Diesel big grin

Diesel in a down smile

Watch me.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bam-Bam, CGC, Mar 5 8:48 am

Behavior & Training > *Update* on Diesel\'s first training class

Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 9:54am PST 
YAY DIESEL cheer Glad things went so well for you, hopefully they only get better dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bam-Bam, CGC, Mar 5 8:48 am

Small Dogs > Question for multiple dog owners.

Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Sat Feb 26, '11 2:01pm PST 
I think it depends on the dog thats already in your household & the dog that you bring in. You need to make sure that you bring in a dog that will fit with YOUR dog, you are really picking one for your dog not for you. Sasha never really got along with other dogs & we now have 4 total & a cat so it is doable, just takes work.
We have 3 different energy levels as well Sasha is a couch potato with the occasional zoomies, then we have Gizmo who is more hyper but not crazy hyper, then I have my AKK girls who are insanely hyper ALLLLLL the time with like 5 minute naps 2 times a day laugh out loud When looking for your next dog think of your current dog & what would fit best with her, we got Gizmo because he had a little more energy, but is totally laid back which is what we needed because Sasha is dominant & needed someone to bring her out of her shell & it has worked great big grin
Good luck on your newest addition if you decide to bring one in & keep us updated snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Carmina, Feb 27 8:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Evil plans (the dogs have for me that is)

Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 6:40pm PST 
Ahh yes the old steal the bed routine laugh out loud I currently sleep with 1 husband(who always takes more of the bed), 2 shih tzus, & the occasional AKK. I start out on my side with a dog at my chest(on her pillow) one at my knees(also on her pillow) & then gizmo at my feet & hubby on his side. Well when I wake up at about 2 am, i am shoved in the crack between the wall & mattress with practically no pillow, because Sasha has decided its better for her back, no cover because Sizzle & hubby decided they were cold & I was fine without it & Gizmo UP my butt shrug Fun fun fun laugh out loud
But i wouldn't have it any other way cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Feb 28 4:44 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Male or Female Dog? Have an Only Child (son)?
Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 9:46am PST 
Honestly, I think the breed & the dog itself really make more of a difference than sex, at least in my experience shrug I grew up with a bird dog mix named Wishbone, he was my best friend & was very motherly with me. He kept me from wandering down the road & even killed 2 snakes that were in my path I would have stepped on, he played with me & the other children, but was MY dog through & through. Now I have 3 females(2 Alaskan Klee Kai & a Shih Tzu) & 1 male (Shih Tzu) & they are all 4 completely different dogs laugh out loud. Sasha is attached to me, barely tolerates other people, even the hubby. Gizmo loves everyone & kids, he is just a big lug, he fits the male dogs are IN love with you criteria. Then my AKK girls, Sizzle is still very skittish but thats because she is still adapting, she is attached to me loves cuddles & is comign around to everyone. Esme looooooooves cuddles & play time from anyone & her & Sizzle both do better around kids because their breeder had them being messed with & around kids from a young age.
Find a responsible breeder, if you are going that route, let them know what you are looking for & your situation & get their input. It may be better to find a breeder who has grand children or children that will be around the pups early on, that way they are already used to it & the breeder can point out the ones that do best with kids. Then go & check out the pups alone, see which ones are playful, but not too crazy, do well with fast moving objects & other things expected with kids. Pick out your & the breeders top 3 picks, then bring in your son & see which he is drawn too.
Good luck with your new addition & congrats blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Izze, Apr 9 9:14 am

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.