GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog of the Day & Week > Dog of the Week
Sailor

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '11 6:07pm PST 
Thank you for selecting Sailor as Dog of the week! Sailor has been on Dogster for a couple years now & this site is great!!happy dance All the best in 2012 to everyonesmile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 12 6:07 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Oldest living dog died today!!!
Sailor

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 4:13pm PST 
I read this story as well. What a great story. Thanks for postingsmile rainbowrainbow
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 10 7:38 am

Behavior & Training > How do I socialize my dog?

Sailor

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 7:33pm PST 
Work with a behaviorist before the situation worsens. The situation sounds not too bad. If not dealt with you have a risk of being an owner of an aggressive, large, powerful breed dog. Judge leeway by the other dog. For instance, Sailor is a large, calm, friendly dog with zero aggression. Should another dog become aggressive with him his reaction is to do nothing. No bark, no lunge, no bite. He will just stare at the other dog as if asking are you done yet? He does this until the other dog stops. The best dog to socialize your dog with would be a well socialized, non-aggressive dog. One-on- one playdates are a great idea & working with a behaviorist. Slowly introduce your dog to more & more dogs (friends & family). Sailor had already met 100's of dogs before he went to the dog park for the first time. Be aware of your own body language. If you tense up or become anxious around other dogs b/c you are worried she will be aggressive. She is more likely to become aggressive, as she can sense your anxiety. Good luck with her, she is a beautiful dogsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 25 7:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > TOTW Pricing

Sailor

Barked: Mon Sep 12, '11 8:06pm PST 
$60+ for 30lbs in Ontario
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 12 8:49 pm

Dog Health > Allergy Info?

Sailor

Barked: Mon Sep 12, '11 8:02pm PST 
It's hard to say if an allergy shot will work. It might, might not. You might not ever determine what your dog is allergic to. Your dog could have multiple allergies. It is difficult to deal with. Last year, Sailor was diagnosed with seasonal allergies. He had a course of prednisone, then an allergy shot, the cone, wraps on his paws, food change etc+++. The frost came the symptoms remained. After months of dealing with this I went to a new vet. I researched ahead of time, to ensure I was taking him to a good vet. I ended up getting things under control with the new vet. A new vet offers new ideas. Don't change too many things at once b/c you will not know what is working & whats not. I opted to not go for specific allergy testing due to the cost. We focused on getting the symptoms under control such as paw licking which was the main issue. Luckily this year his allergies did not come back. Good lucksmile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 12 8:13 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > If your dog was a cliche kid in highschool...
Sailor

Barked: Mon Aug 15, '11 7:18pm PST 
Mr. Popular, very friendly & outgoing, handsome. Would never pick a fight, but wouldn't back down if ever challenged.wave
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 28 7:15 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Another guess the breed

Sailor

Barked: Mon Aug 15, '11 3:46pm PST 
Husky mix...good looking dog
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 11:23 am

Food & Nutrition > Did TotW's shape change?

Sailor

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 8:26pm PST 
I have not noticed a change. We are using TOTW Bison. Although, where I buy mine at, I have almost bought the wrong bag. Stored next to mine is the same colour of bag (yellow) is a food from Nature's Variety. Both bags say "Prairie" on the bag. I just bought a new bag, so I will have to check it out when I open it.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , May 9 8:23 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Intimidating looking breeds

Sailor

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 9:23pm PST 
Most strangers are intimidated by Sailor due to his size. People walking in the park where Sailor goes daily will pick up their small dogs as he walks past. He has had small breeds bite & bark aggressively at him before (jack russel). He does not react, just stands there. Doesn't bark, nothing. I have been with Sailor & encountered people who are fearful of dogs in general & always tell them this is the best way to get over the fear to meet a giant breed, friendly dog. I have also had strangers comment they could tell he had a friendly dispostion.
So, the most intimidating breeds would be the ones barking aggressively. I feel dogs like this have had poor socialization. The breed can be big or small.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Jul 21 3:44 am

Dogs & Travel > We're Going on Vacation!! How About You?!
Sailor

Barked: Tue Jun 28, '11 9:12pm PST 
We are going to a cottage in Northern Ontario in 1 month. This will be Sailor's first time in a boat. He has his new life jacket ready to go. Can't wait!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 12 11:41 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.