Postings by Satori

GO!

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

Choosing the Right Dog > Light Bulb (Dog) Jokes
Satori

Will Pose For- Food!!!!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 9, '11 11:44pm PST 
Zephyr, Arf-arf; BOL!!!winkAka: We don't need no stinkin' light-bulbs!! Just, just, just some MORE peanut butter....
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Dec 1 11:18 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Light Bulb (Dog) Jokes
Satori

Barked: Mon Nov 7, '11 1:02pm PST 
Satori: What's a light bulb? Is there something to eat in that closet?hailhailhail
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Dec 1 11:18 pm

Small Dogs > Separation anxiety?

Satori

Barked: Mon Nov 7, '11 12:56pm PST 
Peanut butter and a baby carrot in his kong and he can't wait for me to leave!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Satori, Nov 7 12:56 pm

Pomeranian > Breeder Problems, sigh

Satori

Barked: Mon Nov 7, '11 12:51pm PST 
Thank you, Prince's owner, for the lovely and reassuring response, helps me get my head straight!! flowers There are really weird scams out there, I am beginning to realize...maybe later I will post from my experience specifically what went wrong and we can add to that here and we will all benefit.

You are absolutely correct about going to local breeders. It is the one time I wished I lived in or near a big city.

Unfortunately I live in a rural state that is big and I am designating it a "pomeranian desert", there are no good breeders here. On top of that, it is difficult to ship. So I am up against it in several ways...but I am learning, and I dried my tears and sat back and launched a new campaign...not just one breeder at a time, but several, and I am limiting the search to my area of the country, and I pulled out some stops in composing a careful email letter that is sure to get any decent breeder's attention. If they can't respond, I will not push it. I am not interested in other people's excuses (TMI, TMI!!). Now,excuses are a deal-breaker for me. n: Steep learning curve here....Yeah, later, I will start a new post called "Deal-Breakers" to remind me and others that we do have SOME control here...caveat emptor surely applies.meditate meditate meditate:
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 8:50 pm

Pomeranian > Thinking of getting another puppy/Jealousy?

Satori

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 11:11pm PST 
I hope to be getting another soon, too, but I don't think Satori will be jealous...I plan to clearly let him know he was here first...and let him show the new one around, and how things work....and give Satori lots of attention and let them form their own relationship!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by The Boys, Dec 5 7:52 pm

Pomeranian > Breeder Problems, sigh
Satori

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 11:04pm PST 
Okay, y'all, I am taking the plunge and getting another pom. I would love a puppy, preferably a chocolate or black and tan. So I go looking....and this is supposed to be an exciting time, right?

Now as if i didn't have enough trouble with my first breeder (e.g. misrepresentation of size AFTER he was a year old, just to give one example) I am having trouble with the new breeders I am contacting.

I seriously have talked with two breeders, said I was ready to purchase pending more pics or info about transport, and they said they would get back to me and haven't. Just NO response, or some excuse, after I sent several emails. What is going on? I just don't get it....guess I need to not get my heart set, but it is unbelievable to me....Anyone have similar problems? Any ideas? I am just spinning my wheels here...even tried a rescue but they won't ship out of state...shockthinking
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 8:50 pm

Pomeranian > Happy Halloween: Which Poms are in costume???

Satori

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 10:38pm PST 
Awww, Thank you so much, he was very good about getting dressed up and then he posed!!!
I love the scrunchies like he has around his neck, you can find them on a famous auction site "dog scrunchies"...they make them for lots of holiday occasions and the small size fit Satori and did not bother him one bit---it was nice and loose---he ran around with it on all day (he didn't like the hat quite as much, tho!!). It blends in with a Pom's ruff, and doesn't cover up the Beautiful Furs but looks very festive.party
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Satori, Nov 5 10:38 pm

Pomeranian > Happy Halloween: Which Poms are in costume???

Satori

Barked: Sat Oct 29, '11 8:15pm PST 
Just had to share my Jester costume!!! Are you getting dressed up for Halloween??? Arf!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Satori, Nov 5 10:38 pm

Pomeranian > How do you feed your poms?

Satori

Barked: Tue May 17, '11 7:24pm PST 
Twice a day; 8 am and 7 pm with kefir; with a kong snack when I leave for work. Snack is more for separation than anything, when I am home all day he does not always get the kong. I do homecooked....they are so little, it is not much trouble; he gets 1/3 cup total plus 2 TBL kefir; he loves it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Harrison, May 21 8:58 pm

Pomeranian > Feeding Time
Satori

Barked: Tue May 17, '11 7:18pm PST 
I feed my little guy twice a day; he is 3 yrs. He eats at 8 am and 7 pm, and he gets a snack in his kong when I leave for work (carrots and a little peanut butter. He is 6 pounds and only needs about 250 calories per day (!). He is very food-motivated, but not underfed. I feed him twice daily because he is small and so can get hypoglycemic (low blood sugar). Poms are active little dogs. A puppy under 1 year I would feed four times a day...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 27 8:36 am

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.