Postings by Jasper

GO!

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Putting it out there- Nutro Limited Ingredient Grain Free is another option for sensitive tummies
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 11:54am PST 
Hello!
Thanks for the responses!

We have tried the fish and the turkey. The turkey seems to be the favorite. The venison is not available in small bites, which Jasper prefers. I emailed the company to ask if they will carry venison in small bites, so far no answer. They had it on sale at our local Pet Club and they did honor the $3.00 off coupon from the Nutro website. It was a very good deal. Since we eat LID only now, I notice grains produce a lot of gas in Jasper's belly, so we avoid them now all together. We also have to eat low protein/low fat because reflux is really effected by rich foods. Many grain free LID are not available low protein/low fat. I wish more were. We are rotating between this brand and Natural balance- which is not a favorite. Jasper will only eat the duck and bison flavors and prefers small bite sized kibble. The only thing I don't like so far about Nutro is the slow response to emails from the customer service department about flavors. I have yet to call, so perhaps that is the best way to reach them. Anyway, it's a good option and I am happy they make all their own food and seem to be making some very good ingredient changes to some of their foods.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Sep 7 5:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Putting it out there- Nutro Limited Ingredient Grain Free is another option for sensitive tummies
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 8:07pm PST 
Hello, wave

We started feeding Nutro Limited Ingredient Grain Free on advice from another friend on here with reflux issues. So far, smaller stools than on Natural Balance, seems to taste pretty good and is reasonably priced. For a long time I felt guilt about buying from a big company, but when you have a sick dog, you have to expand your options. So, we have added it into our rotation and so far so good. Meat/fish are the first ingredients, which was a welcome sight to see. It would be awesome if they made more flavors- they have venison, fish and turkey choices now. Just wanted to put it out there. It is RUFF when you have reflux!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Sep 7 5:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Any new LID kibbles out there with low protein/fat?

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 9:50am PST 
Hello,
Long time, no bark!

We are always looking for new foods to try out in our rotation. Jasper has to eat a LID with low protein/low fat due to acid reflux.

Any new ones out there with protein levels in the 20-23% range?

We recently added Nutro Grain Free Turkey and Potato into our rotation and Jasper is actually eating it! I know lots of people frown upon Nutro, but we got a recommendation for this one and have had success with it.

We can't get the Wellness Simple where we live and I hate to buy a big bag and then have issues with it. Wellness is not offering samples on their Simple foods.

We have tried lots of Natural Balance flavors and Jasper does not like them at all.

Any new recs would be appreciated. We try to rotate to avoid boredom and food refusal.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Jul 14 7:38 pm

Food & Nutrition > Foods for dogs with Pancreatitis

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 8:33am PST 
Thanks for the responses! I am transitioning Jasper over to Wellness Whitefish and Sweet potato. He does not have Pancreatitis, rather refux and possibly IBD per the vet. It's so silly when they eat all the new kibble out and leave the old kibble (in this case Natural Balance) in the bowl!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chocolate, Jan 25 3:42 pm

Food & Nutrition > Any tasty LID kibble suggestions other than Natural Balance?

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 9:23am PST 
Hello,
Any suggestions for an irresistible LID kibble? Jasper does not like Natural Balance flavors at all and I have been advised by the vet that I need to keep him on a LID only. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Bella, Jan 12 5:35 am

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 9:19am PST 
Thanks for the responses!

So, it turns out Jasper's blood work was totally normal. The vet thinks he might either have IBD or an ulcer. He's only 3, so I think the vet wants to see how he responds to the meds and if we have anymore problems we are going in for an ultrasound. I asked about diet suggestions and the vet was not pushy- he suggested a LID dog food. Jasper's already on one but he really does not like the kibble at all and spits it out. I guess I need to look for another flavor. Thanks again for the responses.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Chocolate, Jan 25 3:42 pm

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sat Jan 7, '12 9:35am PST 
Hellos,
I was hoping some of you could recommend some kibbles that are okay for dogs with Pancreatitis to eat. Poor Jasper was in the vet yesterday and we are awaiting a diagnosis after the blood work comes in, but the vet said Pancreatitis is his guess. I have been feeding him Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Chicken for 3 months now and thought we were in the clear since he also has reflux. Now he is on reglan and pepcid and no longer vomiting thank goodness. Any ideas for suitable kibbles would be appreciated. Our vet is very open minded but he has tried to push Hills in the past. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Chocolate, Jan 25 3:42 pm

Food & Nutrition > Issues With Natrual Balance?

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 2:10pm PST 
Hi Scruffy wave

I think Natural Balance has made my dog depressed. He used to be so excited to eat...Jasper is eating Sweet Potato & Chicken at the moment and I pretty much have to doctor it up every time. He also has pretty big poops on NB. After this bag is over we might try Wellness Whitefish and Sweet Potato. I find with a dog with reflux the key is to keep the protein and fat levels low- so TOTW doesn't work for us frown Grains seem to be okay. I hope all is going well now with you!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Nov 30 2:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > Farting like crazy! Could it be the food?

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Thu Nov 10, '11 8:37pm PST 
Hey All,
I wanted to give an update. The gas has subsided and I am no longer giving yogurt. That could have been the issue, not sure. I am going to pick up some digestive enzymes I think. No itching, scratching, reflux or poop issues- although the volume is a little high, I can live with that. I bought a little canned to top the food with and that seems to be liked. Jasper likes his food wet and with something in it...spoiled pooch! I think we might need to stick to only LIDs from now on.
Thanks Again!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 10 8:37 pm

Food & Nutrition > Farting like crazy! Could it be the food?
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 8:31am PST 
Hi All!
Thanks for the responses. He's been on the Natural Balance for maybe a month. The transition was cold turkey, per the vet's request to go to a LID. I did give yogurt and pumpkin the first week on Natural Balance and I usually wet his kibble and mix it with a little yogurt. I am wondering if when I feed him his kibble dry and plain that this can cause gas? He has never been one to eat quickly, but I do notice he is more enthusiastic about eating lately. It is strange because he was doing great for a year on Canidae ALS, then all of a sudden reflux and gas. I did rotate in Canidae Beef and Fish once during the year and he seemed to do well on it and there was no gas. So, I am wondering if it could be chicken, yogurt or sweet potatoes causing this? Perhaps he is now intolerant to one or more of those? Thoughts?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 10 8:37 pm

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.