Postings by Pip

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Food & Nutrition > Can Somebody do the Math? How Much to Feed These Doggies?
Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 12:41am PST 
Or an ice cube tray..that's always fun smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Dec 21 10:23 am

Food & Nutrition > Can Somebody do the Math? How Much to Feed These Doggies?
Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 7:08pm PST 
Just to piggyback on what Lily's paw-rent said - the amount of food fed doesn't just depend on the dog and activity level but also on the food itself. Some foods are more calorie dense than others, and it'll say on the bag how many calories are in a cup. It's something that you have to adjust to as you pay attention to your dog's ribs and waist.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Dec 21 10:23 am

Food & Nutrition > Thoughts on Evo?

Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Sun Dec 27, '09 10:13am PST 
Like Jasper, Pip was vomiting but from NV Rabbit Formula. So we switched to Evo H&S and he stopped it and is doing fine! Firm poops and his coat is starting to look better. He's used to high protein so he does really well on it.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by MACH, C-ATCH Bailey RN, CGCA, Jan 1 2:59 pm

Dog Health > Brother Dog isn't well, what might be wrong with him?

Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Wed Oct 14, '09 9:09pm PST 
I wish you the best - you guys are doing wonderful things for him!

I hope you get down to the bottom of this. Sending hugs your way!! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by quigley, Oct 18 11:48 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Balancing the Diet in 21 Easy Steps

Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Mon Oct 12, '09 6:30pm PST 
Thank you.
As for making a week's worth, first, I multiplied all the nutrients (after multiplying the few by 1000 and such) by 7, and then when I made the recipe, I chose 7 servings. However, do I multiply the quantity of food by 7? Or leave it at 1?
[notify]
» There has since been 63 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 13 5:29 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Balancing the Diet in 21 Easy Steps
Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Mon Oct 12, '09 3:37pm PST 
Could I get some help here? I used to homecook and am considering going back to it. I have a few questions though.

My dog, Pip, is 1 year old and is 12 lbs. He is currently eating Instinct Duck and Turkey Meal kibble. He keeps a good weight at about 240 calories a day. When I enter all the info in the spreadsheet, it says that I have to feed 464 calories day. He is an active pet so I put in 130 for the value in Box 1.

Do I just ignore the 464 cals per day and use the rest of the nutrient values? Or do I use half those nutrients?
[notify]
» There has since been 65 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 13 5:29 pm

Food & Nutrition > Great Dane Lady calls Wellness/Eagle foods "inferior"

Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Wed Sep 23, '09 5:34pm PST 
No, corn doesn't come out whole. If your dog isn't chewing it then it will, and unless the corn is ground up or cooked, he won't get anything out of it. Like I said before, corn is 54% digestible.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pip, Sep 23 5:34 pm

Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Wed Sep 23, '09 4:31pm PST 
That's what I said before, Bam-Bam. The pet food industry DOES use grains, and I am pointing out that a food should not be disregarded because it has corn. Did I say that corn should be the main protein source? No..I said that corn is not harmful if used with other meats. Nor am I recommending a food with corn.

Eagle Pack regular and Pro Pac are some good brands.

Also, for some people, it is more affordable to feed a food with grains, and if corn happens to be one of them, it's not bad. Obviously dogs should be getting protein. I don't feed my dog grains but it is an option. Feed your dog what's in your budget. If you can feed meaty kibble, that's great.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pip, Sep 23 5:34 pm

Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Wed Sep 23, '09 3:50pm PST 
Figaro, I did not say to feed corn exclusively -if you look at my previous posts, you'll see that I said that meat should be the main protein source. Many people, who feed grains, refuse to feed corn because they've been told it's bad. It's not, unless you feed it without meat protein. It is very close to other grains. And no, it's not a part of a dog's diet - BUT, with all the other commercial dog foods using grain, I am pointing out that you don't have to avoid corn because it's, "terrible."
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pip, Sep 23 5:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > NV Instinct and it's crumbly problems
Pip

The fridge is- opening!

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '09 10:39pm PST 
I feed Instinct Duck and Turkey (will try Rabbit next) and have never had a problem. dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pip, Sep 22 10:39 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.