Postings by Guest ID 897564

GO!

French Bulldog > When wouldn't you recommend a Frenchie?

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 2:40am PST 
Thank you for your response, Jupiter. Since I definitely plan to get a rescue nex time your answer, especially concerning health issues, was very helpful.

Any one else? thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 14 3:45 pm

French Bulldog > When wouldn't you recommend a Frenchie?

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:22am PST 
While I'm not ready for another dog right now, I'm spending time doing research for the right breed and Frenchies are one of the breeds I'm looking at.

If you had a friend or acquaintance ask if one was a good match for them what would be reasons you'd discourage someone from getting one? For example, I've had 3 rough collies and I'd discourage anyone that hated dog hair all over everything, or who didn't want to do the grooming required from getting a rough collie. What are some things about Frenchies that might be a negative to some people?

And what about them would make you encourage someone to purchase one (either a puppy or adult from a breeder or rescue)?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 14 3:45 pm

Behavior & Training > "Matching"

Gracie

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 7:04am PST 
Personally I've only used it a couple of times on occasions when it was necessary to work quickly. Normally I use a potty command, which works quite well. I had never heard before that it causes any burning sensation and would be interested to know where that information comes from and what causes the sensation?

And, I do not appreciate the personal attacks. If you can't give your opinion politely, please don't give it at all. btw, I do walk my dogs.shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 3:32 am

Behavior & Training > "Matching"

Gracie

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 4:25am PST 
Since I'm reasonably sure that the majority of people on this site are pet owners who do not show their dogs in any venue whether conformation shows or performance (obedience, agility, etc.) events, I'm curious as to what you think "matching" is? I'm asking because I mentioned it in Answers and, from what was said about it by other posters, I think people might have an incorrect view on exactly what it is.

Briefly matching is a way to encourage a dog to poop by inserting a small paper match (unlit of course!) part way into the rectum. This does NOT hurt the dog any more than inserting thermometer does. All it does is, if the dog needs to go, is help the dog to poop. Sometimes it's necessary for a dog to do it's business at a certain time or to do it quickly and matching is a way to accomplish this. Could it be abused? Of course it could, just like everything else can be abused. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 3:32 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.