Postings by Guest ID 514512

GO!

(Page 1 of 256: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Railroad > Transport needed from Texas to Oregon

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 3:24pm PST 
Hi,

There is a dog in Corpus Christi, TX. This dog was in training to become a service dog. The handler's health has declined enough that she has decided to re-home the dog to another person in need of a service dog.

The dog has found a new handler in Portland, OR. She, being on fixed income, can't afford the short notice plane ticket. She is ready for the dog in terms of supplies and vetting, but cost of transport is too much.

The previous handler wants the dog to go to his new home as soon as possible because he is getting bored and destructive without his job. He is a true working dog.

There is no set date yet. We are putting this out to see how many people can and are willing to help.

The dog is big. He is 120lbs and 25 inches at the shoulder. He does well with strangers and other dogs. There will be some supplies with him as well.

I tried to break up the trip as even as possible. If you want to help but can't do as much, or want to do more please email hulphondarmour@yahoo.com or post a response here.

Thank you everyone.

Leg One: Corpus Christi, TX - San Antonio, TX [FILLED] 145 miles, about 2 hours.

Leg Two: San Antonio, TX - Pecos, TX 365 miles, about 5 hours.

Leg Three: Pecos, TX - Albuquerque, NM 360 miles, about 6 hours.

Leg Four: Albuquerque, NM - Farmington, NM 180 miles, about 3 hours.

Leg Five: Farmington, NM - Price, UT 300 miles, about 5 hours.

Leg Six: Price, UT - Twin Falls, ID 335 miles, about 5 hours.

Leg Seven: Twin Falls, ID - Pendleton, OR 350 miles, about 5.5 hours.

Leg Eight: Pendleton, OR - Portland, OR [FILLED] 220 miles, about 3.5 hours.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 3:24 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Does anyone speak Dutch?

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 7:37pm PST 
Hi, if anyone here speaks Dutch, can you poke me on this thread?

I need a phrase or two translated, and I want to make sure it is correct.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Macy, Jul 7 1:30 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > *deep breath* (Really long and blabber-mouthed post)

Moose

Too sexy for my- shirt.

Barked: Mon Feb 27, '12 12:57am PST 
Sorry for they delayed posting..

I am doing a little bit better, but now I *really* wish I could have a dog right now.. Had minor (*very* minor) surgery on my arm on Friday.. They said it shouldn't hurt more than 24-48 hours, and if it does hurt it wouldn't be bad.. Well it is killing me.. Mainly itching so bad I am about to cut my arm off, but if I just brush it against something or lie it against myself, it feels like something is stabbing it... It is fine to use my hand and type, that doesn't hurt, but anything else I feel like screaming.. cry

Going in tomorrow to let them look at it, just really hope they don't have to adjust what they did, or remove it.. I squeezed my friend's hand to death the first time!!eek

Well... I'm thinking to get my doggy fixes I need to go volunteer at a no kill shelter. Mainly training the dogs, but I am willing to do the dirty work too as long as I can handle it.

meditate *more deep breaths* meditate

When the time is right I will get a dog that is right for me. meditate
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 5 5:03 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > *deep breath* (Really long and blabber-mouthed post)

Moose

Too sexy for my- shirt.

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 12:01am PST 
I know I have been absent for a number of months...

I just need to post and get some stressed relived..

I have been having a really hard time lately..

I think most of you veteran users know that Barks (now Kipling), has been retired and re-homed due to stress issues. But I've been here and there since..

I had acquired a Maltese, that turned into a great ESA and showed as a good training prospect. Well after he had settled in for a couple of months I began Winston's training.. The vet had said he was most likely 1.5 - 2 years old. (took us by surprise, we had been told that he was 4 months, and even though I knew that couldn't be true his teeth were so good I though he couldn't be too much older) He finished training in about 6 months, he was so willing to learn and wanted to please that he probably could have passed as a full SD in 3 months.

Less than a month after passing his PAT, he started showing behavioral issues.. Well I put him back in training status and worked with him more. Well the as time went by the more specific (and often) his problems were occurring. Talking to several people (most professionals), we had decided that he was having vision problems. I let another week or two pass and tried to work him again. He was *defiantly* going blind.. Poor guy, he loved to work so much..

So I retired him promptly in August 2011..

Around the same time, I saved a pibble mix that I called Jello (from being taking to the shelter).. I figured that I was going to have him for a bit, and gave him a TT to assess his personality for adopters.. He passed with flying colors, and as I started basic obedience, he showed great potential. I started socializing him as preparing him for SD work..

At the time I was not living at home. I had moved in with a couple of friends in their apartment.

I crashed and burned shortly after Winston retired, and had to move back into my parents house. Whom put their foot down that I couldn't keep Jello in the house. Even though he was doing great in his training, etc, they refused to even reason with me on this. So I gave him up to a rescue..

The same week Jello went to rescue, Winston went to his new home.. He still very much wanted to work, and was very unhappy/stressed not being able to go with me. It was for the best, he is *very* happy to be in his new home.

That *very* same week. My cat Keesa got hit by a car.

As you can imagine I was a *wreck*.. I ended up getting admitted to the BHC for about 12 days.

When I got out, I was still not doing so good, but better than when I went in.. I was staying in bed all day every day.. I didn't have much to be motivated for. And I had too hard of a time to go anywhere that wasn't required for life..

So I was looking at Craigslist, just looking at cute pups... I saw an ad, "Orphaned newborn pups!".. I of course HAD to look... 2 week old Chi/Doxie mix pups.. Mom died when they were a week old.. I talked to my parents and they agreed to let me save one to hand raise. I had not done this before so it was to be a learning experience, and give me something to keep me busy. I called and they were holding one for me until I could get down there (3 hour drive).. One day I woke up and said, "We HAVE/NEED, to go get that puppy TODAY...". Mom was reluctant but I pushed it and we went..

Thank god we did... They didn't know what the hell they were doing.. Feeding cows milk, 2x a day.. First meal I gave him he ate 10 ounces... (He himself was only 12oz) And he was STILL ravenous crying for more, sucking on my finger.. First week I had him we ended up going to the E-vet 3 times...

Well as he got older I got worse, him not needing me every second..

I ended up being admitted again in October because of a fight with my parents..

Things sucked for October, tense with parents, and sister moving back in the house..

November my parents and I had another HUGE argument.. (Which you know triggers the crap out of me.) and I left 12 hours later. I called my best friend of 6 years. She bought me a greyhound bus ticket to Oregon, and I high-jacked it out of there..

I brought Bruno with me, thank God the bus didn't have an issue with it.. (4 lb, 3 1/2 month old pup) He slept the whole time..

Well, friends landlord ended up getting cranky with having me stay there for 3 months. My friends made sure I was safe, but I had to leave. Well I had *just* re-homed Bruno because he was ready for a home, and I was looking for a SD prospect.

Homeless, without (emotional) support of any kind, has taken its toll on me. But it also taught me a lot.

Having to ride public buses to get anywhere, on my own completely for shopping, and finding a safe place to sleep...

Well I saw a craigslist ad for an old lady needing a roommate.. Thought it was a scam as she stated it would be free room and board but met her and moved in a couple days later..

Only been here a couple days. But I am ready to sleep for a week.. The stress I've been going through, not to mention my physical abilities are worsening, due to the EDS and (suspected) POTS and blood disorder.

Now that I am in here (I knew before I moved in) I can't have a dog or cat or ESA of any kind..

I am starting to rip at the seams..

I've been doing rather well considering.. Being thrown out to sink or swim, you kinda have to learn to rely and trust yourself really fast...

I guess I just wanted to be able to type this all up to get it off my chest..

I also wanted to keep you guys in the loop..

Other than that there really wasn't a reason to post this.

I get so excited about you guys and your SDITs and SDs, and watching training sessions, and such that I want to train my dog. Then I remember I don't have one. cry I haven't been without a dog/cat in more than 7 years. This is, probably *the* hardest thing I've gone through since my G-ma died.. Also the key thing in me learning coping skills and being independent.

*deep breath*

I'm going to take a much needed relaxing bath now..
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 5 5:03 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Aggression

Moose

Too sexy for my- shirt.

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 10:29pm PST 
Yeah, this dog is not aggressive. He is testing his new handler..

The dog was *very* responsive to the corrections.. Also the handler was doing great.. If they keep it up they will be a great team.. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Feb 23 12:22 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > HELP!!! I opened a can-o-worms...
Winston

Super Tiny- Service Dog

Barked: Mon May 16, '11 9:03pm PST 
Nope,, They went and started their own...
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Rufus, May 23 3:10 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > HELP!!! I opened a can-o-worms...

Winston

Super Tiny- Service Dog

Barked: Mon May 16, '11 10:21am PST 
http://eastidaho.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=26

Please help! I posted looking for other SD users in my area.... And now every one is posting WRONG things about SDs and the people posting the RIGHT things are getting negatives and/or getting flagged off!

eeksilenced
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Rufus, May 23 3:10 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Dog-Friendly Stores

Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Wed Jul 21, '10 6:33pm PST 
applauseBradley

You put it much better then I could have...
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Jack CD/CDX, CGC, Jul 22 9:29 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Dog-Friendly Stores

Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Wed Jul 21, '10 3:22pm PST 
I personaly hate it when people sneak in their non SD dogs into non petfriendly stores... For one reason Barkley has been charged at and almost been bitten by a little dog in the mall.

Secondly if you lie and say your dog is a SD and your dog misbehaves, you are leaving a bad taste in everyones mouths about SDs and that makes it so much harder on when we come in next..

Okay we went to a store and I got yelled at from the top of this lady's lungs because I wasnt' blind to get my SD out of the store because the last two dogs [non SDs btw] Peed and Pood in the store, one even peed on the COUNTER where you put stuff you are paying for! [Not saying your dog would do that] But because of that, that store was now not allowing any kind of SD besides guide dogs in, and that is illegal. I had to fight for my right to be in that store for an hour before they let me in, and even then, they followed me to make sure Barkley was behaving himself. Almost like they were looking for a reason to kick us out.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Jack CD/CDX, CGC, Jul 22 9:29 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > snap on handle
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Sun May 9, '10 6:40pm PST 
linky

I got this one and I love it! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dixie, May 9 7:13 pm

(Page 1 of 256: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.