Postings by Guest ID 312058

GO!

Bedlington Terrier > Safe Food for Bedlingtons

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Nov 5, '08 5:50pm PST 
It's most important to feed a varied diet, as stated above. If the dog is unaffected by CT, then there is no need to limit the diet. The only way to determine if a dog is affected is to have the dog liver biopsied at 1 year. You need to observe for signs and symptoms of CT. You need to know the genetic history of the parents and grandparents. Most of all, you need to love your Bedlingtons, because they surely love you.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Camerata Molly at the Seashore, Nov 5 5:50 pm

Dogs & Travel > 7 hour trip with two dogs....

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Nov 5, '08 5:41pm PST 
As hard as it is, the only solution for whining is to ignore it.
I recommend avoiding drugs. People tell me Bach's rescue remedy is good for reducing anxiety and relatively safe, but I don't really know. Just because it is a "natural" medication doesn't make it safe, in my view.
I drove for 20 hours (in 2 days) when my Mom and I went to get my new sister-- an 11 week old puppy. The puppy stayed in her crate except for pee/walk breaks. She whined at first but quickly gave up and slept well most of the time. She didn't eat too much but that was OK because she was so young and Mom didn't want her to vomit in her crate and not know about it. I slept in my bed in the back seat.
I think if the dog feels safe in a crate, or bed with harness, or confined in the back seat with water, a bit of food and a stuffed toy, the dog will be comfortable. I certainly am! Once again, avoid drugs--Gravol is good as a last resort but makes me a bit agitated after it wears off so I don't like it. Travelling at night may be easier for the dog (although my Mom doesn't like doing that so I don't either).

That's all...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Petra Star, Nov 8 6:16 pm

Dog Health > Ear Infection!

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Nov 5, '08 5:15pm PST 
My mom gives me 2 drops of Burrow's solution in my ears every night. It prevents me from getting ear infections, which I am prone to because my ears are long and floppy. It seems to work very well and Mom has started my adopted sister on the same drops. Her ears are floppy too.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Nov 6 4:38 pm

Dog Health > Help! Dog won't take Pills

Other posts by this user

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 9:19am PST 
I usually just put the pill at the very back of the dogs tongue, then close her mouth, hold it closed, and gently stroke her throat. But I am not sure if your dog's medical condition would make this a risky move.

Best wishes.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Jun 9 2:47 am

Bedlington Terrier > Safe Food for Bedlingtons

Other posts by this user

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '07 4:15pm PST 
Many will tell you that there is no perfect food for Bedlingtons. I think it is most important to make sure that your dog is liver biopsied at one year of age, and then if the dog is clear, be aware of the symptoms which may indicate copper toxicosis, and be generally vigilant of the dog's health.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Camerata Molly at the Seashore, Nov 5 5:50 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.