Postings by Guest ID 26149

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > This is totally a puppy mill
~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Beagles Wobble- But They Don't- Fall Down!

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 1:12pm PST 
I have such a dumb question here but how can you all tell? I only want to know so that I never fall for any puppy mill scams. I will be the first to admit I am a bit undereducated in puppy mills other than I know that they are horrid awful places and I know what they do but how can you tell when it is online like that?

This is my serious face. I really want to know so I may avoid trouble in the future with companies like this. Please help me understand. Thanks in advance.
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Rondo, Jan 3 1:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > FAT DOGS are NOT COOL (kinda rant-y)
~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Fri Jun 23, '06 7:22pm PST 
Very good points Summer and Kelpie!

Yes, beagles tend to have obescity quite often - I and others believe it is the eyes that humans have problems saying no to when they beg? Not sure. I just read this last night on a beagle site.

Mingus, I certainly did not want to offend you at all. I think EVERYONE on ALL sides should be nice about doggies looks. I think it was rude for someone to say something about your dog but in return if someone said something rude to my dog about their weight and I was offended, I probably wouldn't continue that by saying things rude to the other side. That is all I mean. I am in NO way trying to anger you at all. I PROMISE. I just mean I think as long as the dogs (skinny or overweight) are being treated well - people should be allowed to walk their dogs or post their dogs without mean comments is all. I guess what gets me is the "stupid" part. There are soooo many nice doggie owners who aren't stupid but do have overweight doggies. I only am concerned about the ones who would stumble across the first post and read that the wrong way is all. I hate people's feelings getting hurt. I hate that yours were hurt by someone who was rude to you. But it doesn't make it right to hurt other's feelings for their dogs weight too is all. Clueless is pretty insulting too I think. And pretty generalizing. Not all dog owners with overweight dogs are ignorant or stupid. Maybe a bit soft. Like me. But the other comments I would never call them. That's all.

I swear to you that I didn't post that to anger you. Just to let others know that they shouldn't have their feelings hurt if their dogs are overweight either. The same way you felt when someone said your dog was too skinny is probably how they feel after reading the first post.

I'm just hear to smile and play. Not to fight. I just wanted to say that for the overweight doggie owner's defense. But I didn't want to hurt you or anger you. And the fact that I did makes me very sad. I am sorry. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Lola - ADOPTED!, Jun 26 4:21 am

Food & Nutrition > FAT DOGS are NOT COOL (kinda rant-y)

~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Fri Jun 23, '06 5:16am PST 
QUOTE:"She also knows that they are not going to live long happy lives because they are TOO FAT and are UNHEALTHY!"

I had to LOL at this line - I am sorry but we had a mutt when I was growing up who was nicknamed "Happy Dog" because he was always smiling and he was incredibly overweight. He also lived to be 16 years old. LOL! Different Strokes for different folks.

I agree that obescity can be a problem but I think there are certainly much much worse things that people can do to a dog than feed him too much. My grandparents would not know any better. I would certainly not render them as "Stupid" or "Ignorant". And all of the dogs in our family are very very happy and I have yet to have one die young minus my Nick who died of a brain anurysm.

Honestly, I really don't feel that while it is unhealthy that these people with overweight dogs are nearly as stupid or ignorant as this has been presented to seem. Tolerance is a very good deed to practice when looking at other pups - as long as they are loved and not abused.

I agree in a proper diet being best for them. But certainly I hope we can find nicer ways to say it to others who are reading along who have overweight dogs. smile JMHO.

Good Topic however. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Lola - ADOPTED!, Jun 26 4:21 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Plus Pups can have custom tickers!

~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Thu Jun 15, '06 7:59am PST 
Have a birthday you want to count down to? Or something else special? This is the perfect place to build your own ticker to place on your dogster page. You choose your design AND your ticker!! Just follow instructions then copy and paste the code into your extra bio field. Here is the link...

http://www.tickerfactory.com

Or

CLICK HERE
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by ♥Dale Bo♥, Jun 20 7:53 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Plus Pups Can Have Clocks...

~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Thu Jun 15, '06 7:26am PST 
A while back I had a clock on my page - I know a site that you can custom make your clock and put the code they give you in your extra bio field. I had "The Beagle" one of course but there are many to choose from. Here is the site that you can grab your clock from...

http://www.clocklink.com

or

CLICK HERE
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sandy (At The Bridge 8/20/98), Jun 15 2:16 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Tip Game!
~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Tue Jun 13, '06 8:49pm PST 
Wanna copyright your name? Or something on your page? I just learned this from a html book at the bookstore a few nights ago. (We grab books and read right there in the bookstore. LOL! Lots of people do. They have a cafe and everything.) But I learned the copyright symbol. It is....

& COPY; (Just leave out the space) don't forget to add the ;
[notify]
» There has since been 259 posts. Last posting by Jessi -in my heart forever-, May 23 3:59 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sending Rainbow Kisses Out To Nick...

Nicholas "Nick" (ATB)

rainbow kisses

Barked: Mon May 15, '06 12:02pm PST 
Year 2 in rainbow bridge. The anniversary is now. I miss my baby.

Nick passed to the bridge very young with a brain annyrism. (Sp, I know). We recently found out that his best friend and real blood brother Licamore passed young too with congestive heart failure.

Sweet Nick, I so wish his parents were healthier and I would still have my baby alive and well.

RIP ATB, Sweet Angel!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Molly (In Loving Memory), May 16 3:49 pm

Get Well Soon > My dad\'s hopin you would pray for me.

~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Sun May 14, '06 11:05am PST 
You have our prayers.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Braxton, May 18 9:21 am

Dog of the Day & Week > Which breed do you think should be Dog of the week?

~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Thu Apr 20, '06 11:31am PST 
Beagles have been done. Thank you very much DHQ!
Doxies have been done. Thank you very much DHQ from Nick's Canine Daddy!

I think we need a MUTT week. Have we done that yet? I have known so many incredible mutts in my lifetime. I think they need a week to shine too!
[notify]
» There has since been 416 posts. Last posting by Abby, Jan 21 4:44 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My best friend Jenny died last night.
~¤~Snoopy~¤~

Barked: Wed Apr 19, '06 9:26pm PST 
Oh sweet pup!!

I am so soooo sorry for your tragic and sudden loss! I can not imagine a fate so cruel. I feel so sad for you and your family. I can only even begin to imagine the sadness your family is feeling. And I am so sorry to your mommy who beared witness to this tragedy. ((HUGS)) from dog mom to dog mom for your loss.

Prayers are said. :*(
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sophie, Apr 21 6:35 pm

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.