Postings by Guest ID 18574

GO!

(Page 1 of 163: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Plus Power of the Paw > Prayers for Jasper
Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Senior pets need- love too!

Barked: Thu May 30, '13 11:34am PST 
Thank you all so much! Yesterday was the hardest day I've had in a long time, thankfully. He was ready. Poor little man. cry WE weren't but then we never are. Nobody but people who share our passion for them knows that the loss is as real as any other family member.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jasper ♥ RIP 5/29/13, May 30 11:34 am

Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Barked: Wed May 29, '13 7:13pm PST 
I can upload new pix if you can make him some wings. I would be so grateful. He is now my guardian angel. I told him before he left that I would listen for him when I go to show me the way some day.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper ♥ RIP 5/29/13, May 30 11:34 am

Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Barked: Wed May 29, '13 10:46am PST 
My sweet boy Jasper is going to the Bridge today. He was a shelter rescue 5 years ago and has been declining over the past several weeks. It's time :-( Anyone out there who could make some wings? Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jasper ♥ RIP 5/29/13, May 30 11:34 am

Dog of the Day & Week > Jasper's Dog of the Day!

Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '12 5:49am PST 
Who knew?! We don't get over here much any more. So happy our boy is Dog of the Day! Hello to old friends. Wishing all a wonderful Spring smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Rocky, Apr 2 2:41 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > POP fur Willie!!

Poquito- ♥

Die- Cancer,- Die!

Barked: Thu Sep 9, '10 5:44pm PST 
Always in our thoughts and prayers. Many hugs to Willie and Joni. Know that we are here for you.hug♥♥♥

Pokie & pack
[notify]
» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Nov 16 12:09 pm

Dog Health > COMFORTIS® and ivermectin interaction Safety Warning Notification
Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 10:49am PST 
Leah, it's apples and oranges. With Comfortis, we're giving a long acting systemic medication, and the medication is designed to be "effective" for 6-8 weeks. I find it hard to believe that splitting the dosage over such a small period to spare a pet's tummy is going to make a difference. IMHO
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tippi, Aug 27 8:26 am

Dog Health > COMFORTIS® and ivermectin interaction Safety Warning Notification

Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 9:07am PST 
The previous poster only said she was going to half the pill for morning and night. That won't hurt anything given within the span of 12 hours. I have discovered a better way to give it. I asked my vet for large empty gelatin capsules. I crush the pills in a sandwich bag and then cut across the opposite corner and funnel the powder into the capsules. (it takes 2). Then put that into a pill pocket. It hides the smell and offers some protection for the tummy. Make sure to give with a meal followed by a Tums or Pepto tablet for extra protection. This works GREAT for your flea allergic puppers, and they don't fuss at all!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tippi, Aug 27 8:26 am

Dog Health > Least toxic topical flea treatment

Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 8:33am PST 
I highly recommend Comfortis too. Only negative is the taste, and you can't hide that taste well with pill pockets, cheese, or much of anything. I have started crushing the tablet and putting the powder into empty gelatin capsules and then putting them in pill pockets. That works great! The protection from Comfortis is awesome. Just make sure you give with a meal, and a Pepto tablet or other antacid because it's rough on the tummy :-(
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gunner, Aug 30 6:02 pm

Dog Health > Flea allergy/sensitivity - question

Jasper- ♥ RIP- 5/29/13

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 8:30am PST 
We use Comfortis. It's a tablet given orally sort of like a Capstar, but longer lasting. It protects 6-8 weeks at a time. It kills any fleas on the dog and any that jump on it. It won't stop them from biting, but believe me, if you treat her with it, your flea population will drastically decrease. It costs about the same as Frontline. You would probably have to put it in a pill pocket or piece of cheese to get her to take it. That worked for a while. Now I crush the pill and put it into empty gelatin capsules and THEN into pill pockets, and my dog takes it just fine. When I got him, his skin was red as a beet due to flea allergies. Now, 2 years later, he has no skin issues and we have very, very few fleas in general. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Luci, Nov 22 7:51 pm

Dog Health > Male dog looking for action?????
Poquito- ♥

Die- Cancer,- Die!

Barked: Wed Aug 25, '10 12:33pm PST 
Of course the easy remedy, and most responsible, neuter your boys - just sayin.........
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Daddy, Aug 27 1:28 pm

(Page 1 of 163: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.