Postings by Guest ID 1214862

GO!

Akita > If you owned this Akita, what would you do?

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '14 7:47am PST 
I HAVE TWO AKITA'S! ONE MALE 135LBS NOT NUDDERED, ONE FEMALE 105LBS SPAYED. NOW I HAVE A WIFE AND TWO DAUGHTERS ONE 9 AND ONE 17. WE ALWAYS HAVE PEOPLE OVER TO THE HOUSE AND THIS IS WHAT I DID WITH MY DOGS AS PUPPIES. THE DAY I GOT THEM I FED THEM IN THERE DESIGNATED SPOT TO EAT AND WHILE THEY ATE I WAS WITH THEM. I WOULD PUT MY HANDS IN THERE FOOD AS THEY ATE TO SHOW THEM TAT I CAN BE THERE AND THEY WILL STILL HAVE THERE FOOD. I WOULD ALSO TAKE IT FROM THEM FOR A VERY SHORT TIME THEN GIVE IT BACK. THIS ALSO SHOWED THEM TAHT I'M THE BOSS NOT THEM BUT ALSO THAT THEY WILL ALWAYS BE FED. I ALSO HAD MY WIFE AND CHILDREN INVOLVED WITH THIS WHEN MY DOGS WERE VERY YOUNG. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THEIR OWN DOG FOOD. WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT I CALL PEOPLE FOOD, MY DOGS WERE TRAINED VERY YOUNG THAT THE DINNER TABLE IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM THEIR DINNER TABLE. WHEN WE SIT DOWN THOSE DOGS KNOW THAT THEY GO TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE HOUSE WHILE WE EAT. THEY WILL TEST THIS AT TIMES BUT I CORRECT THEM AND THEN THEY UNDERSTAND ALL OVER AGAIN. YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY CRATEING HIM AT MEAL TIMES AND SLOWLY WORK HIM OUT OF THE KENNLE INTO PUTTING UP ABABY GATE, INTO TAKING THAT BABY GATE DOWN AND COMMANDING HIM OUT OF THE ROOM WHILE YOU EAT. THESE ARE VERY SMART DOGS SO YOU NEED TO BE STRONGER AND SMARTER THAN THEM. I HOPE THIS HELPS.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 7:47 am

Akita > Eating Habits

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '14 7:31am PST 
I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD FEMALE THAT WEIGHS ABOUT 105 LBS AND A BIG 3 YEAR OLD MALE WEIGHING A STRONG 135 LBS. NOW I HAVE TWO DAUGHTERS AND A WIFE THAT USED TO FEED TABLE FOOD TO MY DOGS AND THEY ALSO BECAME VERY PICKY EATERS. WHAT I ENDED UP DOING WAS COOKING PLAIN SCRAMBLED EGGS FOR THEM AND PUTTING IT INTO THEIR DRY FOOD WHEN IT WAS TIME TO EAT. NOW EGGS ARE VERY GOOD FOR THEIR SKIN AND COAT AND THEY ALSO FEEL LIKE THEY ARE GETTING FOOD THAT WE ALSO EAT. AFTER A BIT I WOULD START CUTTING DOWN HOW OFTEN I GAVE THEM EGGS AND EVENTUALLY THEY GOT TO THE POINT WHERE THEY WILL EAT THEIR DOG FOOD. I WILL STILL GIVE THEM EGGS AS A SPECIAL TREAT BUT THEY DONT GET TABLE FOOD FROM MY FAMILY ANYMORE AND THAT IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FIRST.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 7:31 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.