GO!

Akita > Akita's with children?

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 8:04am PST 
Sorry, double post!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 20 9:36 am

Akita > Akita's with children?

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 8:03am PST 
We just got our long haired akita puppy at 9 weeks old last Wednesday and he's been amazing with our 3 year old twin girls. I couldn't be happier with him. He plays with them, but he's never been too rough, knocked them over, etc. We had him pretty well potty trained in two days and he's been an absolute blast to have around! The only challenge has been how much he loves the snow and being outside! We've received around 2 feet of snow since he's arrived and he loves it!

I don't know that he's a typical puppy though. I drove 10 hours each way to the breeder and picked him out because of his personality. He's not the puppy that we selected through the pictures and conversations with the breeder. I ended up changing my mind and picking the long haired guy after spending time with him and the other short haired pups. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 20 9:36 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.