Postings by Guest ID 1165555

GO!

Dog Health > Possible Seizures?

Ella

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 6:59pm PST 
Thanks everyone for your help. To answer one question, I do remember a similar incident a while back (not sure how long, but definitely not super-recent) that was not quite as severe. I think at that time I thought I just scared her because, again, she was vomiting and I jumped up and quickly put her out of the bed. But this time I could definitely tell there was something wrong, and it wasn't just because she was frightened. And I have to wonder, since she does vomit from time to time, if she has been having some type of small seizure all along and I just didn't know it.

Also, after ALOT of internet research, I had pretty much come to the conclusion that the vomiting and the seizure (assuming that's what it was) are probably the result of low blood suger - I was glad to see that someone else suggested the same thing, it makes me feel like I'm probably on the right track. I'm going to try to make sure from now on that Ella eats something before bed every night. She appears to be fine now, and apparently has been all day. She needs to go to the vet fairly soon for shots anyway (in the next few weeks soon) so if she doesn't show any other strange symptoms I think I'm going to wait it out and just mention it then to see what the vet thinks.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I really do think this was a small seizure, but hopefully we'll get it figured out! This seems like a great site, I'll probably visit oftensmile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 4:24 pm

Dog Health > Possible Seizures?

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 6:18am PST 
Hi everyone - this is my first time posting here, and I'm hoping some of you can help me out. My dog (Chi mix) Ella has always had a problem with vomiting, usually at night, usually in my bedcry This morning I woke up to the sound of retching, so I jumped out of bed, picked her up and put her in the floor, and ran for something to clean up with. But when I put her in the floor she didn't move. She was very stiff, with her legs sticking straight out (not laying on her side). She didn't actually convulse, at least not that I could see. When I picked her up she whined a little and still stayed stiff for a few minutes. Afterwards she acted very strange, moving tenderly and stiffly. She did go to the bathroom ALOT when I sent my dogs out into the yard (right afterward). This all happened a little less than an hour and a half ago, and now she seems completely fine. She's been sleeping mostly, but a dog barked outside and she jumped up, barked, and ran outside as usual - none of the stiffness or "tenderness" like before. Anyway, I am wondering if it was actually some sort of seizure. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I'd love to hear some other opinions before I get too worried. Otherwise she is in good health for a seven year old little doggy! Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 4:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.