Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 3:01pm PST 
Shih Zhu have long hair but don't shed.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 12 3:05 pm

Dog Health > parvo vaxine question
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon Nov 3, '14 8:29pm PST 
Vaccines can be blocked by maternal antibodies up to 14-16 weeks of age. If all the vaccines were given when the puppy is too young they can be ineffective.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Nov 3 8:29 pm

Dog Health > Cyclosporine and allergies

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '14 10:28am PST 
You might see if the holistic vet would do a phone consult and ship herbs. I was just suggesting it because I've seen the Chinese herbs work really well on skin cases
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Saskia, Nov 15 8:46 am

Dog Health > Cyclosporine and allergies

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '14 2:38pm PST 
I'd suggest going to a holistic vet who uses Chinese herbs. I work at a holistic vet clinic and we see lots of itchy dogs who have gone to regular vets for years with no relief .the Chinese herbs take a month or so to work but then the dog isn't itchy anymore. My dog is on a Chinese herb for his stomach issues and has not been sick since he started the herbs.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Saskia, Nov 15 8:46 am

Dog Health > Bladder Stones, Unhelpful Vet

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Oct 5, '14 5:52pm PST 
Urinary so for life actually is a good recommendation. Normally vets perform an x-ray (to see the stones) then surgery, then urinary so for life. It's possible that urinary so can dissolve stones on its own but it takes a very long time and it depends on the amount of stones I've usually seen it used after surgery to prevent the stones from occurring. It uses ph so u cannot feed your dog anything else at all that means no treats no table scraps ONLY urinary so. I have a cat that eats it he went 5 years with no uti I took him off the food and he had a uti in 3 weeks. I know several dogs eating it post bladder stone removal surgery and they have not had any stone growth. I also know 2 dogs whose owners refused to use it and they had to have surgery again.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 13 11:24 am

Senior Dogs > Lifting my dog from a lying postion
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '14 12:51am PST 
U can get a sling that's made to help people lift their dogs. I believe dr.fosters and smith the website has them or you could type dog sling into amazon. U can also use a towel you roll it up and slip it under the hips and lift with it, but the sling is easier to use. Is he on any pain medication?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 3 7:25 pm

Behavior & Training > Help with crazy lab puppy.

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '14 6:28pm PST 
He needs more exercise. If u make him tired he wont get hyper. Take him to a dog park, or on a run or walk. 3 or 4 mile long walks a day and he will be sleeping not biting.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Jul 27 6:28 pm

Dog Health > heartworm concern :(

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 3:49pm PST 
Heartworm prevention should be given once a month not every 2 months. It should be given all year. I use to use interceptor and switched to sentinel. I hope your dogs don't have heartworms, giving prevention all year is the best thing you can do to protect them
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 1:04 am

Food & Nutrition > Struvite Crystals, Food & treat options? Lengthy post.....

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Jul 24, '14 6:52pm PST 
Struvite crystals can be normal but when they are more than 1 per field when u are looking at the urine on a microscope it is not normal and they can form stones. The royal canine diet can dissolve stones but it takes almost 6 months of feeding it exclusively (no treats allowed) and it only works sometimes on very mild cases. Usually surgery followed by using royal canine is what's best for dogs with stones. Radiographs need to be taken to actually see the stones. Crystals in urine can mean stones but can just be an infection. If your dog does have stones I would do the surgery and then never feed anything but the urinary so from royal canine. You may need to only give him distilled water as well. I know 3 shih zhus who have had stones and the only one who hasn't had to have the surgery 2 times was the one who stayed on the royal canine urinary so.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Peter Parker, Aug 9 9:16 am

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '14 9:51pm PST 
U can feed the puppies easily with a tube. The vet can give u a red rubber catheter(used for male cats) and then u measure to their last rib and stick the tube down their esophagus to the line where u measured. U can use a syringe to put formula into the end of the tube. A vet should be able to demonstrate this for u. Its easy to do. U do want their ne k Ina natural position don't stretch it or you will go in the trachea instead of the esophagus.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.