Postings by Guest ID 1145059

GO!

Behavior & Training > My dog jumps up on people at Bark Park

Sammy

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:03am PST 
PS: When Maxie gets up on his hind legs, he is well over 4 feet tall. For smaller people, this big animal suddenly jumping on them is probably a frightening experience. The don't know Maxie is just trying to be friendly.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Feb 16 4:46 pm

Behavior & Training > My dog jumps up on people at Bark Park
Sammy

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 6:32am PST 
He is a very friendly dog, but he is a big boy, 65-pound german shepherd mix. He thinks it is OK to jump up on his hind feet against people. This is in no way an aggressive action. He is only one year old, very friendly, just doesn't know any better. Of course, this annoys some people at Bark Park. I don't blame them. I am worried that he may do the same with some little kid there and hurt or scare him. Any tips on how I can train my dog Maxie not to do this? PS My pic shows another one of my dogs, Sammy, the pit bull. Maxie is just as big. Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Stella, Feb 16 4:46 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs' behavior regressing

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 12:54pm PST 
Thanks to all those who offered constructive advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Dec 20 1:59 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs' behavior regressing

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 9:34am PST 
Hello everyone ... in late August I took in two dogs to my house who had been abandoned. They were running around neighborhood with no ID, collars, etc. I knew the owner who was evicted from his apartment. Apparently, he just let his dogs go. They are lovely dogs, mutts, a male and a female. I named them Maxie and Honey. Dogs were not house trained so they started messing up everywhere. I work for myself out of my house. I must work 7 days weekly, very intently to cover bills. Thus, while dogs are messing up the house, I am busy at computer. Anyway, I tried to teach dogs not to mess up in the house, but no luck. Finally, I figured out the best answer: Leave back door open at all times. (Ok because I live in South Florida and weather is always nice.) Maybe dogs would figure out they could go outside (fenced-in back yard). They did. Problem solved! Unfortunately, and I don't know why, dog poop and pee is showing up again in my house, months after I thought problem was solved, even though door is always open. So either both my new dogs (I have one other dog that was here before and he is house trained) or one of them is messing up again. Don't know how to handle. I thought Maxie might be the culprit and I corrected him, but messing still continues. Maybe it was Honey. Maybe it was both of them. The other problem is that when two dogs came here in August, Honey tore up the leather covering on my expensive leather sofa. She chewed up part of one of the attached sofa pillow seats. I corrected her. Used duct tape to fix area that she ripped apart and covered with blanket. This seemed to solve problem until I can get money to reupholster. But in past 2 weeks, Honey or Maxie (or maybe even Sammy my other dog) is now ripping up the section of sofa chewed before, making it much worse. This occurs daily. Dog or dogs (don't know the guilty party or parties) rip up sofa and spread foam stuffing all over house each day. I fix with more duct tape but next day it is ripped up again. So now, every morning I wake up to pee on LR floor, poop on LR floor and sofa ripped up with section destroyed growing bigger each day. Total regression for dogs. The pee and poop and rip the sofa problems were there in August for a few days, then no problems for months, now, in past 2 weeks both problems back. Have no idea why or how to handle. Don't even know which dogs are culprits. Maybe one, maybe both. I don't think Sammy, my other dog, is doing damage. But who knows. I must work hard and cannot watch every minute to see who is doing all this damage. Even if I learned who, no idea on how to teach dog(s) to do better. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mickey http://www.dogster.com/forums/post.php#
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Dec 20 1:59 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.