Postings by Guest ID 1130955

GO!

Dog Health > Poor dog has chf can't breathe is he suffering?

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 12:32am PST 
I have a Pomeranian 9 1/2 years old he has chf and a heart murmur, took him to the vet and they said he had an enlarge heart and fluid in his lungs. He is on lasix half tab every 12 hours and also is on enailpril half tab a day. He was diagnosed 2 months ago. Since the medication he has been doing great up until 2 days ago. He had trouble breathing sounds like he is choking gasping for air. It gets so bad that he passes out does a really frightening scream lays limp for about 30 seconds to a minute then comes to, breaths really fast then has labored breathing he is dizzy as he comes to then just lays there. I recently increased his lasix to 2 whole pills a day hoping it drains the liquid from his lungs. I'm not sure what else is there I can do for my dog I feel so helpless I,ve taken him to the er vet a couple times but they don't do nothing but offer oxygen for him. Worst cases are usually in the morning and last throughout the day. Is there a chance he won't come to one of these times when he passes out? Is there anything I can do to help him recover, Drain the liquid faster? He currently eats boiled chicken and veggies like carrots n a bit of apple. I carry him up and down stairs and no longer walk him, I carry him to the park sometimes let him down to do his business and pick him right up after. I noticed to when he gets excited he has trouble breathing its very hard to control his excitement. Please I dont want to lose my dog I love him very much, if there is any tips suggestion what I can do to help him through the gasping choking or anything aT all please let me know
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 9:03 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.