Postings by Guest ID 1123731

GO!

Dog Health > Sprained or torn ACL

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 7:55am PST 
Our dog Jester tore his ACL a few months ago, and we decided to go a conservative management route because we couldn't afford surgery. We did a lot of research and decided to use the WoundWear A-Trac Dynamic Brace. It took a bit for him to get used to, but he was able to put weight on his leg almost immediately. When I had questions about fitting the brace, Dr. Spatt and the WoundWear staff were super helpful and patient. This product saved me thousands of dollars and greatly improved the quality of Jester's life. Our vet has also been extremely impressed. She said she would feel comfortable recommending this product after seeing the huge improvement with Jester's ACL - Almost 100% healed! I highly suggest this brace to anyone looking for an affordable alternative to surgery.

-Thomas D.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 7:55 am

Senior Dogs > Anyone have a stifle (knee) brace?

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 10:09am PST 
My dog Bella had great success with the Woundwear A-Trac Dynamic Brace. After finding out about the injury, I took Bella into the vet and they wanted $4,000 to operate on her leg. It was painful, but I was prepared to max out my credit card to take care of her. I got to thinking about a brace for her leg, since humans have braces, and I found the Woundwear website. At a couple of hundred dollars, it was well worth the risk of trying something unconventional. My vet didn’t want to recommend the product because she didn’t know anything about it. I didn’t care, I ordered it anyway. We got the brace a few days later, and Bella wore it quite a lot for several weeks afterwards and we weened her off of it. Our vet has also been extremely impressed and said she would feel comfortable recommending the brace to other patients after seeing the huge improvement. Before the A-Trac brace, Bella could barely put weight on her leg and constantly limped and cried. Now, she’s ready for a rumble! I highly suggest this brace to anyone looking for a surgery alternative option!

-Anne K.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 4 11:37 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.