Postings by Guest ID 1095106

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Service & Therapy Dogs > "he's a service dog"...

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 5:47pm PST 
oops double post
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Feb 1 3:02 pm

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 5:47pm PST 
The general public shouldn't pet ANY dog, pet, TD, SD or otherwise. TD should be petted only when the handler grants permission (in situations where the dog is acting as a TD, namely). It's not wise for anyone to approach any dog, doesn't matter if it's a pet, pet that's a TD, or SD.

Fact is there's far too much snobbery in the SD world lately. A little nice goes a long way.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Feb 1 3:02 pm

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 4:54pm PST 
Why the hostility? gee whiz. So your dog isn't a therapy dog, big deal. You said he was off duty. Therapy dogs do fabulous work, you should take it as a compliment not get snotty.
shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Feb 1 3:02 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Animal Registry of America (SARA)

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 5:45pm PST 
As I said in my first post, US, NO certification required. Eek shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 29 1:58 pm

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 11:51am PST 
Certification is certification, and NO certification is required, period. That's the point. No argument, it's fact.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 29 1:58 pm

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 11:39am PST 
Kaylee, certification from ANYONE is unreasonable. It's bogus, no such thing as certification of a SD in the US. Not even programs "certify" dogs. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 29 1:58 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Would this be considered a "real" service dog?

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 11:25am PST 
If it's pet friendly hotel/motel, great, but don't be bringing a "SD" that has been trained for home and nowhere else out to public places if it doesn't have the proper training. To me that's one of those things like using a loophole in the ADA to get your dog to go wherever you want to take it even though it's not trained for public.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 11:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Would this be considered a "real" service dog?

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 8:29pm PST 
I know this is old but just going through threads here and thought this was interesting. I know of programs that train dogs for home use and they specify the dog is for home use NOT to be taken in public. If dog has no public training it should not be taken in public. I've read of people who train their own pets and use them at home as helpers or whatever too. At home should be at home not in public. They don't belong in public if not trained for it. I know a man who has a little dog he says is his at home service dog but he brings it on vacation with him (went on a cruise and has stayed at hotels with it). Wrong. Dog isn't public trained. Keep it home.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 11:25 am

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 8:00pm PST 
@Mario, you keep your dog on duty at your own house? You said "friends were over" so I'm guessing you mean to your home? Dunno what he does for you, but odd never heard someone say they took their dog "off duty" in their own home. Weird you said lucky for the "ditz" he didn't bite her or pee on her sin ce he's a small dog. Why would he bite or pee, isn't he well trained? Don't give small breeds a bad rep, a well trained well socialized small breed wouldn't be peeing or biting.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Feb 1 3:02 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Two SDs OK?

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 10:11pm PST 
I know a person who uses two SDs; each are trained to do completely separate jobs, nothing whatsoever in common. Guide dog and alert dog.

Having two dogs do the same thing is ridiculous. There are some people I've seen online who do this. They say it's so they can switch back and forth between dogs, claim to be giving one a "break", but they end up bringing both everywhere with them to "train" together. Again, ridiculous. It's just an excuse to take two dogs everywhere.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Nova, Oct 21 8:35 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.