Postings by Guest ID 1036019

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Laws & Legislation > POTP needed for Amanda Bines' pomeranian, disgusting...
Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 5:37am PST 
The news articles they linked to said she has or is suspected to have Schizophrenia. She did not deliberately douse her dog with gasoline, it was accidental, but her actions from that night prove that she isn't capable of caring for her dog, or herself for that matter. Fortunately her parents were able to have her committed to a psychiatric hospital and she will receive the care she needs. - Natasha

Not ALL PEOPLE that are mentally ill are like this. Some are but 9 times out of 10 those are the ones who don't take meds, don't get help or have access to it at all. I should know as I have bipolar type 1 and yet I'm PERFECTLY FINE. And a capable dog own why? BECAUSE I DO WHAT IS NECESSARY TO CARE FOR MYSELF,MY CHILD, AND MY PUP. Those of you who are saying she shouldn't have the dog back because she is mentally ill probably dun know that over HALF of the U.S has a mental illness of one stripe or another. I've had to put up with this attitude of "ALL mentally ill people can't take care of themselves" "Mentally ill people are a danger to others" you don't know half of the country. Yes a few do HORRIBLE things but not all of do not all of us are drug addicts who refuse help so please educate yourself before making such a biased, discriminatory statement and in fact I can bet you money there is more than ONE dogster that has a mental illness and takes care of there dog just fine. (RANT OVER)

NOW back on topic. If she did this on purpose I say she should go to jail as Animal cruelty is disgusting. If not and her parents refuse to give the dog back I say she should sue. (my opinon.)
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Pandora, Jan 23 6:31 am

Behavior & Training > Kinda needing some help introducing puppy to baby (long story and in need of advice)
Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 5:07am PST 
Well as a few of you know I was pregnant and its been a long road. I ended up needing to have my boy early due to a server complication (IE my heart couldn't take anymore)and so gabe was born as a premature baby and b/c he was had to spend a lot of time at the hospital to make sure he would survive. But now tomorrow I will get to bring him home and was wondering how those of you with kids or babies handled introducing the two. I don't want Titan to have a bad reaction to Gabe (altho if he does I do have a friend I trust willing to take him as a JUST IN CASE) I have baby gates and all that in the house just wondering how to go bout all of this and would rather hear from dog owners since his trainer doesn't have children
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 11:26 am

Dog Health > Low cost snip clinic vs. regular vet for spay?

Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 7:56am PST 
I actually took titan to a snip clinic to get fixed and the sent home pain meds but this place was a vet donating her time to do the OR spay and neuter program here. we got a cone, pain meds and she even said if he had any issues to bring him back for a free visit and she would treat him with in our price range. Same for our cat. for two animals we spent bout 200.00 maybe a lil over b/c our cat did have issues and we had to rush him back. this vet was highly recommended and was more pleasent than our other vet who tried to get us to not use the OR spay and neuter program and wanted 275.000 just for our CAT. We decided to use the snip vet from now on since she was honest and showed she actually did care lots for the animals in her care.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Titan, Jun 26 7:56 am

Behavior & Training > Velcro vs. bonded--what are the differences?

Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 6:25am PST 
Ava sounds like Gus. She's definitely bonded to me, but she doesn't need to be around me all the time. In fact, when we're on off-leash hikes she prefers to take off on her own adventure. That said, she does have a bit of separation anxiety, and we found out she barks when we're not home. (yeah... we're gonna need to find a way to fix that when we move out, or there's gonna be trouble... Can't have a barker in an apartment for sure...) red face - Ava and Nix

Titan was the same way as I found him abandoned in a box at a walmart. ( poor puppy) what I did to help him not freak out was I'd leave a radio or the tv on and give him a peanut butter kong or a kong with a tasty treat in it ( I live in a APT too). So now when he sees the kong with stuff in it he goes straight into the crate. No questions asked, he looks at it as a good thing since he gets something special when I leave and then he does a "YAY MOMMY AND DADDY ARE HOME" dance and everything is good. Titan is definitely a Velcro dog as he does follow me everywhere but can sleep in a crate separate from me. I'd try that before you move and see if that will help. If the crate is associated with a special treat and you come back and praise him for not barking it might help you. just sayin.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Roman, Jun 26 9:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > New food suggestion for VERY sensitive tummies. We've already tried Blue with no luck :(

Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 7:04pm PST 
I started Titan on Blue for a while and Switched to Natural Balance as he was having horrid allergies to Blue ( runny poo, gas, tummy aches , ect.) I feed Natural Balance Duck and Potato and he does well on that and its pretty in expensive I'd talk to your vet bout possible allergies and I will hope the best for your puppies ( I call them all puppies even when they aren't its a habit)
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 20 6:02 am

Choosing the Right Dog > You shouldn't get a _____ if ______.
Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 12:05pm PST 
You Shouldn't get a Black Lab if

you can't handle the constant "play with me" energy they have
You can't walk them several times a day.
Don't want to wake up to a big black snuggle buddy in the morning.
Can't handle a dog who thinks he is the size of a cat but isn't
Can't channel the constant teething till they are 3
Can't train them often ( especially if you live in a APT or small house.)
Can't handle a dog that is smart enough sometimes to break out of his crate ( titan has done this to 3 different crates both plastic and wire.)
Can't handle a pup who wants to be loved and be your baby.
Won't handle or do the training to teach them not to pull on the leash. ( Ie gentle Leader for me)
Can't take them to a puppy class of some sort.
Won't socialize them.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Arya, Jul 7 9:29 am

Dog Health > I got neutered.

Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 11:59am PST 
titan likes to bounce round alot and play with our cats hence why the vet said to keep him crated till tuesday to keep him from ripping this stitches. I'll try the frozen kongs and we are going to pick up a few food puzzles too for him along with a bone just stuff to keep him happy while he is in there.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Titan, Jun 7 11:59 am

Dog Health > I got neutered.

Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 11:02am PST 
Hello all I just have a few questions or more like my mom does. I'm a 16 month old puppy (roughly) and momma finally got me fixed as she didn't want anymore puppies and decided after a long while that it was what was best for me. But she is wondering if there is anything she can put in my crate that can help me not be bored while I'm on crate rest till the vet says its ok for me be out and about..... just looking for suggestions to help keep me entertained. If anyone has anything She'd be more than happy to hear it.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Titan, Jun 7 11:59 am

Behavior & Training > My dog bit my son - is it time..........

Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Fri May 31, '13 9:06pm PST 
I'm going to post a story bout my hubby's aunts dog. Her dog was a beautiful wonderful Chow mix that was like a big teddybear.In fact her name was Annie. Annie was from a situation similar to Sampson. She was a rescue, but she got really old and his aunt tried everything to keep her.... in the end she tried to bite my 1yr old nephew and my aunt made the decision to put her down do the fact that she has kids at her house all the time and didn't have the SPACE to safely rotate the the dog and the nephews. Not to mention when the vet looked at Annie she had cancer and even tho with treatment the Cancer would have gone away She didn't want to risk Annie hurting someone else. She lived a LONG time bout 12yrs and is still healing from her decision.
Thing is you have to do what is right for you and what your heart is telling you to do. We are here for you, but either road will be hard. ( Expectant mom btw.) hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Addy, CGC, Jun 5 9:29 pm

Behavior & Training > My dog bit my son - is it time..........
Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Thu May 30, '13 9:18pm PST 
*Sighs and shakes head*

welp this is indeed a sad situation but its one that has been brought here for help and advice and I think we all need to back up here and take a deep breath. None of us are perfect not a one. We all make mistakes and if one of you says you never have messed up with a pet then you are a doggie Jesus or pretty much lying at this point. Now have any of us messed up this big? No.

But lets be honest here and just look at what is going on around us. Most of us have to make due with what we have available. So her behaviorist gave her some *cringes* Bad bad bad advice, so now this happened a baby got bit and mom is torn, she made a bad judgment call but since when in anything do we always get it right. We don't because just like the pets we have chosen we are mortal (weather you a have a religion or not is beside the point) and like them we make mistakes even if 99% of the time they are preventable we do. So nailing mom to a cross for letting the baby get close to the dog is not needed right now. If anyone of you read all her posts she is pretty torn up. What is needed is advice and guidance on how to handle this and what I'm bout to say is probably going to get loads of hate.

If dog has a bite history and a home cannot be found there are factors as to why the dog can't stay with her.

A. space probably being one
B. being able to keep the dog separated and happy is another from all things that can cause another bite till the dog can get proper training
C. time to train the dog.

I understand a few of you take on dogs that do have issues but time and time and time again not everyone can its WHY things like rescue and shelters exist. I've seen topics here where people have had to give up dogs to shelters b/c of financial hardship and people gathered round those people instead of just doing the "find away" attitude as of late. There are reasons why things like behaviorists and trainers are round. B/c if having a dog was easy then anyone could and would do it. But lets be real here its not.

So with that being said. Dog is old, Dog has been through alot, if everyone round her who sees her in real life is telling her its time..... then folks its probably time. As much as we don't like it sometimes the hardest choice isn't the easiest one and its alot easier to tell her "I wouldn't make the dog pay for what I did" behind a computer than it is in person when you can see what is happening.

and that is all I will say here. Troll, report the post. I. Don't.Care. sometimes we do need to remember that we are human. Humans mess up sometimes more than others and bigger than others but its not up to us to judge someone that we can't see without pictures and skype.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Addy, CGC, Jun 5 9:29 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.