Postings by Guest ID 1025588

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Blue Buffalo vs. Nutro Ultra

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 7:51am PST 
This thread was started almost 3 years ago. Ultra kibble doesn't have any soy or soybean oil, corn or wheat.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 31 4:20 am

Food & Nutrition > What Is The Best Possible Food?

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 7:10am PST 
Dogfoodavisor.com is a really good review site. It's the only one that stays updated. Look at the 4 or 5 star rated foods. Every dog is different, like us. I have one that doesn't do well at all on grain-free...he needs his ricelaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 10:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wheat free, Barley free, Potato free, Beef free dog food?

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 4:21pm PST 
I'll bet there are a lot of foods out there that meet you're criteria. If you're okay with rice, Nutro has a lamb that only has whole brown rice and a chicken that has whole brown rice and oatmeal. There's also California Naturals that has simple formulas. They have grain free that use lentils for the carbs.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 2:26 pm

Food & Nutrition > Need help deciding on a food?

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 4:16pm PST 
Petsmart's brand Authority is a good food for a decent price. They also have grain free.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 5:01 am

Food & Nutrition > Nutro Natural Choice Grain Free Limited Ingredient Diet Venison Meal & Potato Adult Dry Dog Food

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 8:26am PST 
Mulder,
"those pets that died" were because of the food made at Menu with tainted wheat gluten. Nutro has it's own cannery now...even though other companies continue to use Menu. That recall included many, many companies even Natural Balance and Blue Buffalo for tainted rice protein but for some reason people feel compelled to misrepresent the facts. Just about every time someone has a question about Nutro, someone will bring up the 2007 recalls(which is their right) but phrase it as if Nutro themselves made all of the tainted food in the recalls.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 4 9:40 am

Food & Nutrition > If you use the Duck and Pea flavor of Pill Pockets...

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 11:19am PST 
Zack, Your response seems a little immature. Obviously, the info was posted for pill pocket users. The allergy formula is fairly simple and works well for those wanting to stay away from the common food allergens.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 11:19 am

Food & Nutrition > Nutro Natural Choice >"Grain Free"

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 6:53am PST 
To my knowledge, Nutro has been involved in 2 recalls and 1 product withdrawal(2009). In 2007, cans were recalled that were made by Menu and in 2009 dry cat food was recalled because of a pre-mix error. Many companies were recalled in 2007 for the tainted wheat gluten at Menu and others were recalled for tainted rice protein concentrate(NB, Blue).

Can anyone tell me if there were any other recalls for Nutro? I have checked on the FDA's website and I'm not seeing where they "seem to be involved in most of the recalls".

I know that people like or dislike a company or food for many reasons. I'm not trying to go there. I just keep reading posts about so many Nutro recalls...

Thanks.
smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 16 6:49 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.