Postings by Zephyr's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Wet Nose dog treats
Zephyr

Is it winter- yet?

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 2:11pm PST 
I agree, great treats! A good company run by good people. They have a new flavor coming out soon - Peas and Carrots. It will be grain-free, as the other ones aren't.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Stella Agnes CGC/TDI, Oct 5 7:01 am

Small Dogs > Purebred or Mixed?
Zephyr

Is it winter- yet?

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 1:01am PST 
She's so cute!! She could be a purebred or a mix! Even between purebreed lines, the breed can look so different from standard. Maybe a poodle/coton de tulear mixed? I can definitely see where you got bolognese from - maybe! You never know! smile
A lot of vets offer DNA tests, if you are ever curious! The results from those can come back pretty interesting!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Bella, Jan 5 5:53 pm

Grooming > Fur dye for Halloween?

Sunny

Are you gonna- finish that?

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 6:03am PST 
Ewwwww! Bet that totally wasn't worth it!!!
I have a good friend who used Bedhead pet colored gel on her Papillon and Cavalier and they were stained for months.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Annie, Nov 4 9:39 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Incompetent friend gets new puppy (rant)

Zephyr

Is it winter- yet?

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 5:39am PST 
Farley,
TOTALLY sympathize! You aren't alone in feeling frustrated. You ARE being a good friend by continuing to educate her on the breed's needs, even if she's choosing not to listen right now. Keep on, we all got your back! cheer
Sadly, all acts of animal care are not created equal. Here's to hoping her parents flip out and make her return the puppy (but not that they make her hand it over to a shelter)....
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Oct 15 6:11 am

Grooming > Petsmart "Guarentee"?

Sunny

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 5:27am PST 
I too am one of the many who have worked at PetSmart. I worked as one of the managers in the PetsHotel section of PetSmart and as a core manager. I will be the first to say that not all PetSmart salons are created equal! A lot depends on the salon manager and the support they receive from the retail core management team. I no longer work for PetSmart.

That being said, the PetSmart I take my little girl to has a groomer she has been seeing since I adopted her. Sunny lets her do things that she won't let me (nails, anal glands, etc.). They have a great relationship! Also, I know the store management here is excellent about honoring the guarantee. If they are seeming to give you a hard time about why you are dissatisfied, it's because they want to fix the problem. Alternatively, a different PetSmart I worked at has a store manager that doesn't believe in the guarantee, and he'll do everything he can to NOT honor it. So that part is a lot about luck.

On the reason why they have you pay first and pick up second, everyone has been dead on. Additionally, a lot of data are interconnected with the invoice number of the groom. For example, they track the guarantee by refunds, and so they'd rather have you pay and then refund you your money than just delete the groom from the system.

I know I'm pretty much just saying the same thing everyone else has, but that's my two cents! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Orley, Mar 28 7:49 am

Grooming > Fur dye for Halloween?
Zephyr

Is it winter- yet?

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 5:01am PST 
If you live somewhere fairly urban (and it is legal, as Bella cautions about), maybe a specialty groomer could do it for you. That way you can avoid the potentially very messy consequences of black dye on a dog on the loose in the house. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Annie, Nov 4 9:39 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Are black dogs more smelly?

Sunny

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 4:52am PST 
Mika and Kai,
THANK YOU! That makes a lot of sense. It would also be a beneficial answer to the original thread question, as I think a lot of sporting and hunting dogs are disproportionately black or darker colors, therefore creating the impression that darker dogs smell worse.
You guys are great. So is Sunny's lavendar coat freshener spray. shh
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 10 8:31 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > Please Vote for Koda for the Fall in Love Contest - Koda kisses!

Zephyr

Is it winter- yet?

Barked: Fri Oct 7, '11 11:03pm PST 
I'm not sure how to make it a hyperlink either. But I am in the process of voting! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Khloe, Oct 12 5:50 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Are black dogs more smelly?

Sunny

Barked: Fri Oct 7, '11 10:47pm PST 
I tend to agree it's psychological! If anything, as a general rule, I think WHITE dogs are smellier!! laugh out loud A lot of people have said it's about food and grooming, and I totally agree. Plus, I feel like the fur type has something to do with it. My white cocker is a smelly girl, despite my overbearing attention to her grooming - she goes outside and runs around for 5 minutes and comes back in smelling like a sweaty jazzercise-r. I don't get it! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 10 8:31 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > GLEE AUDITION!!! Just click the thumbs up and you're done.
Zephyr

Is it winter- yet?

Barked: Tue Oct 4, '11 9:24pm PST 
Oh, you are all SO SWEET!! I checked back here and saw all the responses and I'm so grateful. What a great community. Thank you so much. smile

Zephyr thanks you too wink
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zephyr, Oct 4 9:24 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.