Postings by Aspen (adopted)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Chihuahua > Luxating Patella surgery, does anyone have any experience to share about this?
Lexey,- C.D.X.,- G.N., R.E.,- C.G

When I grow up I- want to be a- doberman

Barked: Sun Dec 13, '09 5:21pm PST 
I had mine done a couple of years ago. It's a long recovery process, but mom is glad we did it. Are you having both of your knees done or just one?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Penny Mouse Fart Ayala, Dec 17 11:32 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > any suggestions for a breed?
Cleo C.G.C

spay and neuter

Barked: Tue Nov 10, '09 2:11pm PST 
My first thought was a dobie too.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Jesse, Dec 5 3:47 am

Sports & Agility > Conformation?

CH. Elley,- C.D., R.E.,- C.G.C.

Aspiring model

Barked: Sun Sep 20, '09 8:29am PST 
Hi!!

Showing is a blast and no you don't need to travel all over the US to show your dog. We show only in shows that are in less then a 5 hr drive. This keeps us busy enough. Usually this gives us one weekend a month to go to a show. Depening on your breed it may be easier or harder to finish their championship. If you have a common breed in your area, competition may be harder, but if you have a nice dog you could finish your chapionship pretty fast. Since your breeder is local I would think this would be true for your breed too.

Showing is a very expensive hobby, this was the one thing that I wasn't aware of when I got started. If you can find someone to travel/room with it will make it cheaper

Just to enter a dog, runs in the $25.00 range and if you go for the weekend, show 2 times, that right there would be $50.00. Then by the time you add hotel (motel 6), gas and entry fees you are looking around $200.00 for one weekend. Then you would also need to include food.

Like someone else said the most time consuming part of showing is practicing. At shows there is a lot of sitting around time. If you are a school aged student there would be plenty of time to work on homework while sitting around at a show.

Showing is addicting and a great sport. It is totally worth all the work that goes into it.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Sep 24 7:03 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > cleaning couch coushions

Cleo C.G.C

spay and neuter

Barked: Sun Sep 20, '09 8:11am PST 
Thanks Sassy for the info. I went and bought a waterproof mattress pad for the bed and am going to use it on my couch from now on. Hopefully this will prevent anything like this from happening again.

Have you ever tried rubbing alcohol before? Someone told me that would work. I worry about it smelling like that. yuck. Maybe the smell will eventually go away.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by quigley, Sep 25 2:37 pm

Morgan (In- Loving- Memory Of)

Until there's- none rescue one

Barked: Sat Sep 19, '09 6:48am PST 
bump.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by quigley, Sep 25 2:37 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Costume idea?
Willow

Aspiring show- dog

Barked: Fri Sep 18, '09 4:39pm PST 
Don't clip Kitty's coat unless you are 100% sure you want to do it. Lots of times their coats don't grow back the same once they have been clipped. I was just looking at her page and I love her coat too.

I dont' know of a costume idea, but I'll keep thinking.

XOXO's

willow, aspen and twister
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Sep 18 4:39 pm

Willow

Aspiring show- dog

Don't clip Kitty's coat unless you are 100% sure you want to do it. Lots of times their coats don't grow back the same once they have been clipped. I was just looking at her page and I love her coat too.

XOXO's

[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Willow, Sep 18 4:39 pm

Willow

Aspiring show- dog

XOXO's

[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Willow, Sep 18 4:39 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > saint bernard

Jacey (In- loving- memory)

spay and neuter

Barked: Fri Sep 18, '09 2:15pm PST 
My friend is getting a saint bernard puppy soon. She already has a male and a female dog, both are fixed. She was wondering if she should get a male or female. She said both of her dogs are pretty equal in dominace so she isn't sure if a male or female would be better.

I know in some breeds you don't want to have two females together and that the males tend to be better in multiples then females. While in other breeds it is the opposite. Are saint bernards like this with one gender?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥The Brat Pack♥ , Sep 18 3:53 pm

Cleo C.G.C

spay and neuter

Barked: Fri Sep 18, '09 2:07pm PST 
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get dog urine out of the foam part of the couch cushions?

One of my dogs had an accient on it recently, I'm not sure how long it has sat there since I dont' sit on the couch much. I started to lay on it last night and relized on of the dogs peed on it, but it was dry so it wasn't a very recent accident. I cleaned the blankents that I keep on the couch on Monday so it happened between Monday and Wednesday.

I tried spaying it with pet cleaner for the carpet, that didn't even phase the smell. I just put the cushion cover in the wash, but the foam part stinks too. I took it outside hosed it down and sprayed more of the pet carpet clean on it too.

Is there any ideas of something that might actually get the smell out?

It's a pretty new couch and I hate to think that I need to go buy a new one again.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by quigley, Sep 25 2:37 pm

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.