Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 85: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > So sad that these forums are going away
Henry Miller

He's a tramp,- but they love- him!

Barked: Sun Jan 19, '14 1:10pm PST 
While I don't visit as often as I used to, I always send raw newbies here. And when I do have questions, I always come here to ask.
I wish there was a way to save these forums (and the health forums.)
crycrycry
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Feb 12 5:18 pm

Dog Health > Hemopet/thyroid test
Henry Miller

Barked: Tue Dec 3, '13 7:57pm PST 
Hey there,
What was involved in sending the blood sample? Did it have to have special packaging? What kind of results did you get?
Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 3 7:57 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Personally attacked for wanting a breeder pup over that of a rescue.

Henry Miller

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 8:52am PST 
"Because that's exactly what the bulk of rescue people are, Bullies."

Ouch!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 9:26 am

Behavior & Training > When is it time to leave day care?

Henry Miller

Barked: Tue Jul 2, '13 7:17pm PST 
Henry aged out, for sure. He used to play with anyone. But his behavior changed at our park too, where we go every day. He is only interested in fetch now. He'll play one-on-one with my fosters, but he never plays at the park anymore. It seems that most dogs become pretty selective with who they play with around 3-4 years old. Around 5 years old, they don't play nearly as much. That has been my observation from daily visits to the park over the past 6 years.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 2 7:31 pm

Dog Health > Odd red lump on corner of mouth...what is it? (picture included)

Henry Miller

Barked: Thu Mar 14, '13 1:36pm PST 
Liam is only a year old, right?
Looks like it is probably a puppy wart!
They are very contagious to other young dogs, so if he wrestles with other dogs, that's probably why he got it. The most common place to find them is on the mouth. They usually go away in three to six weeks. It's always good to have a bump checked out by a vet though, in case it's a mast cell tumor or something else that you'd want to get out immediately.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 1:36 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Help! Driving with Pit Bull mix through BSL state.
Henry Miller

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 4:12pm PST 
Hey guys,
My friend just posted this on her facebook page and she isn't getting any helpful info. I have no idea what to tell her. Do you guys know?

"Does anyone have experience driving through states with BSL while with your dog? I know Denver is terrible and they will take your pibble, but almost all the states I will have to drive through on I-40, have some towns with BSL (TN, AR, OK) and I can't map every single town. I know I would lose it if one of these places confiscated and killed Drala. None of the pitbull threads say how to find out about each state/town. Humane Society, maybe? Help!"
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 8:12 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What do you think of this breeder?

Henry Miller

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 9:00pm PST 
Thanks for taking a look. I didn't ask my friend questions about contracts or anything. Just was there to be supportive since they were nervous about the surgery. She is recovering nicely as far as I know.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 29 9:54 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What do you think of this breeder?

Henry Miller

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 4:12pm PST 
I know nothing, zip, zero about breeders. Always adopt my dogs and am very involved in rescue. But a friend bought a dog from this breeder a few years back. The dog now has bad hip dyspalsia.
Wondering if it's a fluke or were there warning signs?

I haven't even looked at the web site myself. I wouldn't even know what to look for!! smile

www.myturnabout.com

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 9:54 am

Dog Health > loss of pigment

Henry Miller

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 7:08am PST 
So strange to be reading this now. Last night, I noticed Henry's belly freckles were pretty much gone. I don't know when this happened! I found pictures from not that long ago that show his freckles.

He's been having some allergy issues on his belly for the past three months, so I guess I have been focusing on that and didn't notice that the freckles were disappearing. I've been rubbing Zymox on his belly and dabbing neosporin on some places that got bad. He been all clear now for a couple weeks, but his freckles are GONE!! What caused this?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 8:07 am

Dog Health > I am now the proud owner of a one eyed dog....
Henry Miller

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 7:42pm PST 
A friend of mine from the dog park had to have her dog's eye removed after he got a tick born infection that also infected one of his eyes. He was less than a year when this happened, but it doesn't affect him at all. He runs and plays like every other dog. My dog was diagnosed with juvenile cataracts when he was two years old--they never progressed, but I did a lot of research, and from what I understand--dogs adjust very well to blindness--especially if it's just one eye. Your baby might be a little more cautious about stairs and jumping onto the sofa, but I bet he'll be back to his old self in no time. They say dog's don't rely on sight nearly as much as scent and hearing.
Many well wishes, and I bet you won't notice much of a difference at all.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 7:08 am

(Page 1 of 85: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.