Postings by Taz - cgc tdi's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 45: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Railroad > Rescue transport
Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Tue Aug 9, '11 3:08pm PST 
Have an male needing transport from greely co on Aug 19-22 up to WI for Wisconsin Akita & Friends Rescue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lucky, NTD, Aug 13 2:10 pm

Behavior & Training > How do you control...actually stop..
Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 6:05pm PST 
"Actually, puppies and dogs rehearse all of the four f's of adult behavior, fleeing, fighting, feeding and reproduction. Of the four, we tend to put too much emphasis on the reproductive rehearsals. "

Thats true, but when a pup is just doing it out of frustration, for example the other pup is ignoring him, such is the case if he's already playing with another or is just plain tired, it's can be an attention getting behavior and even if that's not the initial intention, because he rewarded with the attention, it quickly becomes a learn attention getting behavior.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Pamela - Adopted!!!!, Jan 19 9:29 am

Behavior & Training > What is dominant behavior and how do you define if it's bad?

Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 5:12pm PST 
"power differential"
To funny, I like that.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Lola Penelope, Jan 20 12:12 pm

Behavior & Training > What is dominant behavior and how do you define if it's bad?

Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 4:59pm PST 
I agree with that in the traditional sense. Rolling and other force methods such as helicoptering are completely unnecessary and the partnership, but it's not level partnership. Their is control (dominance) coming from your side. No control on our part can quickly lead to some pretty serious problems. Their are many ways to control even with the social dominance theory. For example if your the only group with food and the other group has none, they're probably going to give up control without any aggression, making the side with food the dominant side.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Lola Penelope, Jan 20 12:12 pm

Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 4:30pm PST 
No their not, you do the clicking, they figure out what you want through luring and directing, which of course is just a method of training, basically just teaching him what you want. Doesn't matter how you control or dominate. They get the food when you click, but it come' s from your hand, which means you control the food. Part of social dominance in animals is who controls the food.
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by Lola Penelope, Jan 20 12:12 pm

Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 3:28pm PST 
You don't need to know what control means to actually control, dogs don't put that much thought into it, for example when a male fights another male for a female, does he know he's trying to win control over the right to breed, of course not, but it's still a dominating behavior. Or a dog thats pulling the lead, he's not purposely trying to dominate the walk, but he is controlling or dominating the walk by making you go that way. Really I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Lola Penelope, Jan 20 12:12 pm

Behavior & Training > How do you control...actually stop..

Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 1:43pm PST 
Their are really numerous reasons dogs hump, including, but in no way limited to, dominance. On example of humping not related to dominance that I've seen in countless puppy parties is when you have a puppy start humping a another puppy just to get the attention of the other and the other turns around and starts playing with him. Unfortunately, the behavior was just reinforced as way to get another pup to play with him. Any behavior that creates a good result is going to repeat.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Pamela - Adopted!!!!, Jan 19 9:29 am

Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '10 1:16pm PST 
Haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but I'm sure considering the subject, it's lively. The meaning of dominance is to control. Dominating behavior means trying to control. That's really the nuts and bolts of it. It's a subject I believe people really like to over complicate. Whether or not your dog is showing dominate behaviors is really a mute point, it's the behavior itself you need to treat.
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Lola Penelope, Jan 20 12:12 pm

Behavior & Training > Flirt pole?

Mai Mai

Barked: Wed Aug 26, '09 7:22pm PST 
Here's a vid of Mai Mai and I play training with a flirt pole called the chase it. It's a great way of proofing impulse control.
http://www.dogster.com/video/869095/the_chase_it_game
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Aug 31 9:01 am

Behavior & Training > Laila was attacked today. She's ok, but...
Taz - cgc tdi

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 9:47am PST 
Just out of curiosity, don't you carry some kind of dog deterrent like a squirt bottle with vinegar and water in it or a loud fog horn? I know I would be nervous having my wife walk the dogs without some kind of deterrent. There are to many people out that have no control of their dog, never mind obeying the law. Anyway glad your both ok.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 4:02 am

(Page 1 of 45: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.