Postings by Maya-Living in the UK's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 122: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Need some paitence and guidance
Brody

Springers define- the word happy

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 8:15pm PST 
Thank you Happy, I will send you a message in a bit.

Zeea, Thanks but i've tried that, tried stuffed animals (which helps at home only) and tried various things. I've had panic attacks since a fairly young age (around 8-9 years old) and never found anything that worked apart from drugs from the doctor which don't always make me feel that great or dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brody, Oct 11 8:15 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Need some paitence and guidance
Brody

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 9:22pm PST 
I've been around for a while here and there.

I come from the UK and now live in the US, CO.

Here's the thing I was foolish to believe my anxiety/panic attacks was just because of where I lived triggered by being mentally and physically bullied as when I went to different places, I never got them unless someone was confronting me.

I went through what my husband is calling a honeymoon period and wasn't phased by anything. Sadly this started about a few months ago after two people were arguing near me to the point it turned into a fight and the police were called. I had no one I knew with me and I ended up having a major panic attack and had to refuse an ambulance despite people kept trying to call one.

The thing is the only time I'm not panicking is when i'm around dogs, Brody is a big help for me and I passed by an argument with no issue and managed to stay calm.

People have been jabbing and poking at me to make Brody my service dog, I've tried reading a little into everything but i'm still not sure.

I have not seen a doctor although my SIL's husband is and he believes i'd apply but doesn't feel comfortable writing a letter as i've not been medically diagnosed in the US.

thinking

I'm honestly just confused and just need some help about what's the best way to go about everything? I'm tired of sitting at home preempting the fear of leaving my home then spending my time either going to work (another thing i'll bring up in a minute) or needing to do something outside of my apartment.

So on the work issue, I got a new job training dogs at a dog daycare and when i'm there of course i'm around dogs so not an issue. My issue is I've not been employed that long and while I mentioned about my panic attacks, I explained which was relevant at the time that I had been having no issues and felt they'd only occur when there was an altercation but didn't think it would leave me with fear based flash backs. If and IF I get a service dog, could I get fired/let go because they might think i'm not suited for the job? I love my job and I am doing well, my own dog is allowed to come when I don't have more than my set limit of dogs that day.

I'm honestly at a loss and in need of some help

Thanks guys x
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brody, Oct 11 8:15 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Dogster's Watch Dog Thinks It's Wrong to Chain Dogs

Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 3:46pm PST 
I'd make it my business, simple.

I don't have a problem with dogs living outdoors, I have issues with them being chained up.

There's many people/organizations that donate fences and help those who need it.

If the dog is poorly treated, I'd do what i can to get the dog sorted either educate the owners or report them.

If the dog is not poorly treated and a loved family member, i'd see if I can help them find a way to get funding for fencing etc
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Zeus, Nov 14 1:06 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > New Stray Malamute or Husky?

Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 3:14am PST 
Poor lad, what about contacting a breed rescue-just done a google search and there's quite a few in CA. Poor lad silenced
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 22 11:23 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > New Stray Malamute or Husky?

Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 4:12pm PST 
The ear shape, face shape and body size i'd bet on sibe not a malamute.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 22 11:23 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > SDs in pet shelters?
Brody

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 4:38pm PST 
I'd honestly advice against it and if possible leave him at home.

Not only is it not good for him but not good for the others dogs, it causes a large amount of stress even more so if the dog is DA.

There was an incident at a local pound by my husband (my SIL worked at the time) when a woman went in with her guide dog for the blind. As far as i'm aware she was told not to go into the kennel area with her dog but went anyway. One dog managed to get out and a fight occurred, the staff were quick on hand and there was no injuries but the dogs were massively stressed out and the guide dog was also very shook up.

There's some places where SD's just shouldn't go, a shelter is one of those places except when doing introductions to one dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Josephine , Oct 23 12:03 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Federal ADA law broken??

Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 3:36pm PST 
I am not able to help but how awful for you, sending hugs your way. I hope you can get something sorted frown hug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Oct 12 10:15 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Would possibly be the ugliest dog ever created!!

Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 2:26am PST 
I've seen a litter of Chihuahua x Staffordshire bull terriers, most looked like Chi's on steroids big laugh

Maya has a real big thing for yorkies, personally always thought they'd make a weird looking mix thinking

My MIL has a Chinese Crested x Toy poodle, he's pretty ugly bless him.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Aug 26 10:59 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > Vote for Maya please?

Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 9:17am PST 
Only 2 days left now eek
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maya-Living in the UK, Jul 27 9:17 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > Vote for Maya please?
Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 1:49am PST 
party

https://offerpop.com/FacebookContestEntry.psp?c=161767&u=44753 &a=254553244581393&p=225360924162027&rest=0&id=459200&rest2=0

If she wins she gets £10 which could mean a nice new lead or new collar snoopy

Thanks hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maya-Living in the UK, Jul 27 9:17 am

(Page 1 of 122: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.