Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Dog Laws & Legislation > PETA
Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Tue May 6, '08 11:49am PST 
I just had this emailed to me

May 6 2008

PETA’s Pet Death Toll Grows Again

A week ago in an online featureNewsweek explored the bizarre irony -- or hypocrisy if you see things the way we do -- of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) as a wholesale executioner of dogs cats and other “companion animals.” The story was originally titled “PETA Kills Pets” but later quietly re-titled to a milder “PETA and Euthanasia.” Still Newsweek deserves some credit for acknowledging that PETA “has practiced euthanasia for years. Since 1998 PETA has killed more than 17000 animals nearly 85 percent of all those it has rescued.” Today that death toll increases to more than 19200.

Last year PETA’s “Animal Record” report for 2006 (containing its official “kill” numbers) didn't show up on the web site of Virginia’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) until nine months after it was supposed to. So this year we pressed the issue. And in response to our written public-records request VDACS delivered the goods. PETA’s 2007 “Animal Record” still isn't available online through the Virginia government but we're making it available today at PetaKillsAnimals.com.

Here’s what the report shows. Not including the animals PETA spayed and neutered the group had possession of 1997 dogs cats and other “companion animals” in 2007. And PETA -- which professes a belief that animals should never be slaughtered for food used for medical research or killed for clothing nonetheless put 90.9 percent of them to death at its NorfolkVA headquarters. And despite its official status as a “humane society” and a pet “releasing agency” in VirginiaPETA found adoptive homes for only 17 animals all year. Just 17.

No-kill animal sheltering crusader Nathan Winograd told Newsweek something worth remembering the next time you receive a solicitation letter from PETA or from its ideological brother the misnamed Humane Society of the United States: “With the resources at their disposal PETA and the Humane Society of the U.S. Could become no-kill in no time. Instead they have become leading killers of cats and dogs and the animal-loving public unwittingly foots the bill through taxes and donations.”
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , May 12 10:35 pm

Dog Health > Eco-Poop!!!
Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 6:21pm PST 
You can use year old dog poo. once it decomposes enough you can use it as fertelizer. I wouldn't put it on my veggies but the lawn and flowers sure!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tobin, May 31 9:17 am

Dog Health > DO NOT USE BIOSPOT!

Brutis

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 5:30pm PST 
So Jack what do you use. Please save me a couple hours on line and tell us what you fave foundsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Gabe the Dog, May 8 9:07 am

Dog Health > anyone have "outside" dogs? I have a question....

Hunter

Just a good ol'- boy

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 5:19pm PST 
Hunter loves being out side. He does not sleep out side how ever!! I would say yes to calling on them. No dog that spends more than a hour or two at a time should be out with out shelter!!!! especially a puppy. We leave the back porch open and Hunter has an old chair he likes to lay on in there for him. I didn't look at were you live, but in WI you never know when it is going to rain or get cold. I would say if you see that again to call animal control. I think they will at least make them get him a dog house. Maybe you could anonymously send them a pamphlet on how to potty train a dog. Why would they get rid of 3 dogs just to get another one?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Daisy, May 5 8:54 pm

Dog Health > help!! best way tp remove a tick!

Brutis

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 1:35pm PST 
I agree just yank it with a tweezers. I don't like putting that tick stuff on my dogs. I just check them every night and pick them off if they have one. The tick has to be on for 24 hours or more to transmit Lyme's. So I just watch them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brutis, May 5 1:35 pm

Dog Health > Aspirin Overdose
Brutis

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 1:28pm PST 
I am sure he is going to be OK!!!
I think if he was in real danger the vet would have kept him. Will this effect him long range who knows. Probably not severely. I know it is hard when your baby is sick but a healthy dog can bounce back from things pretty quick!! You just have to make it through the next couple days!! You 've done all the right things.wisheshug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Diesel, May 19 8:58 am

Food & Nutrition > So You Are Confused By Dog Food

Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 4:59pm PST 
cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 1037 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Aug 15 11:18 am

Dog Health > Does anyone else bite their nails?

Hunter

Just a good ol'- boy

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 6:20am PST 
I eat my nails yum!! Mom used to jump up to see what I was chewing on all the time hehehe! but if yours are sharp just take a nail file and file the sharp partblue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 4 3:58 pm

Dog Health > Help with ear problems

Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 6:17am PST 
OH Cracker I agree! I should have said that. The alcohol is better for maintaining the ears after the infection.
Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by swany, May 6 11:02 am

Dog Health > How can I reduce dandruff?
Hunter

Just a good ol'- boy

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 6:14am PST 
I use to have very flaky skin and would shed like carzy. Thought it was just a lab thing. Then mom switched my food to grain free and I am beautiful now. Very shiny and no flakes and I shed about 95% less!!! Mom can't belive I don't sprinkle hair every were any more!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Coda, May 4 8:41 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.