Postings by Abigail's Family

GO!

Bernese Mountain Dog > How old and how big

Abigail

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 3:44pm PST 
My girl is 3.5 years old. She weighs between 90-100
Her weight verys depending on how many treats she gets.
I've noticed lately that her hips have been giving her some trouble.
I don't have stairs at my house... so I never see her go up/down them.
She hasn't seen stairs in about 6 months, and she did last weekend and it just didn't look right.
She's going into the vet next Saturday and I hope nothing is wrong.

On the Rainbow Bridge website, the Berners that passed are around 7. It really kills me thinking that she's half way through her life. I sure hope not.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Bernie, Jul 3 9:32 am

Bernese Mountain Dog > Need some help
Abigail

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 3:40pm PST 
hi, i was wondering how everything is now....
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BELLA, Aug 22 5:31 pm

Bernese Mountain Dog > Need some help

Abigail

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 3:40pm PST 
hi, i was wondering how everything is now....
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BELLA, Aug 22 5:31 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > crazy neighbor wont leave us alone!!!

Abigail

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 10:57am PST 
I didn't read everyones posts but I would like to say a few things.

My dad and I have three big dogs, who bark at everything going by. The three are outside most of the day and constantly barking at neighbors. One of my dogs is a winter dog so she is out most of the time even when the others are inside.

Well explaining that, my dad and I take the three for a mile walk every morning and everynight... Well another house down the street has three big dogs who like to bark at everything also. Luckly our neighbors don't complain but I heard that theirs did. So they got a tall fence all around the yard [including the front gate]. I talk to the guy sometimes and I was like wow they really quited down. He said they stay out almost all day. In the last year I think I've heard them bark at us 3 times. The fence really works!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Adam, Mar 21 11:07 am

Choosing the Right Dog > For you, what are the breeds of dogs that are the top five greatest dogs in the world?

Abigail

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 10:41am PST 
I'd just like to say my favorite.

1. Bernese Mountain Dog - Although they live very short lives, they mature really fast. They are very loyal and love being with people, but not always intrested in other people, just their owner and family. They're beautiful and live to please.

2. German Shepard - Beautiful Protectors. Ever see 'I Am Legend'? Perfect example. Loyal protector. Very smart.

3. Newfs - Gentle Giants. They're friendly to everyone and very loyal. They are big bluffers, protecting their family is something they do, but depending on their own personality, they may back down.

4. Golden Retrivers - Very energetic, fun to play with. I enjoy them very much. They love everyone, and are a little loud sometimes. Just amazing.

5. Alaskan Malamute - Bigger than the Husky, but just as sweet. Very loyal and very beautiful. Lives to please, and enjoys working.
[notify]
» There has since been 120 posts. Last posting by Dantes, Aug 11 10:42 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.