Postings by My Family

GO!

Behavior & Training > How to help my pup with \"Separation Anxiety\"!!

Felix

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '08 2:54am PST 
Hi everyone! I have tried using my sweater with the smell of me in his crate as well as toys. OH AND FELIX WOULD LOVE TO SLEEP WITH ME!!puppy That is what he wants to do, be with me. Unfortunately I have done that too, and he would constantly wake up and move all over the bed at 2 am. So needless to say I was zonked the next day, ( I did this for a week ). My last resort was to put our big cat Kosmo in the kennel cage with Felix, and so far 4 nights cry free from him!! He seems to be calm with Kosmo so hee hee, Kosmo has been his comfort blankey at night!! I put a bed for both in the kennel cage and in the morning I don't hear any barking or whining...what I find is Felix is excited to see me and Kosmo who is laid back calmly comes out. Then I take Felix out for his business and Kosmo patiently waits at the door for him. Awwwww...it seems to work. The thing with Russian Toy Terriers they stick to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 2:54 am

Felix

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 7:04pm PST 
Hi everyone! Thanks for the tips!As far as exercising, he gets alot, we have a huge school park right behind us, so I let him free to run and explore. As far as leaving him for a short time frame, he still follows me everywhere. I have a cat and he will play with him,so he gets alot of play time. It is just at night!! He hates being alone. So the other night (basically being at wits end ) I put the cat in the crate with him, for the first time ever, he whined for 5 minutes, I did a quick "Ack" he became quiet and never heard him peep through the night. Funny thing, as I approached the kennel in the morning, I found our cat quite cozy in Felix's bed and Felix laying down on the rug beside him. So I think it is that he is lonely. So if Kosmo the big cat helps him, this might do the trick, I am going to try it again. Wish me luck!! oh and thank you for the sites!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 2:54 am

Felix

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '08 5:03pm PST 
Help!I recieved my pup at 7mths and he follows me everywhere, unless he is outside unleased in the yard he runs and plays. It is only in the house if I go and put him in his kennel cage at night or when I have to go to work, he cries or barks for hours. I have tried to have his little bed in my bedroom... he is fine until the wee hours and he wants to wander(2 am and I will let him go outside to potty and does nothing). If I tie him on a leash in my room for him not to wander he cries. All he wants to do is to be with me. How do I ease his anxiety. I evem got a toy and put kibble in it while away, he is not interested nor with a bit of peanut butter. I put many toys for him to play with, still not interested. I have tried to leave only a short time (5 minutes and slowly increase it) when I am home, he gets so anxious. Each time I return, I let him out and he jumps and so excited but I just go along my business not making a big deal until he calms down. He just gets soooooo out of control when put in the kennel. I am soooo exhaused of not sleeping at night! Any other out there who sucessfully got their dog over this?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 2:54 am

Behavior & Training > Separation anxiety

Felix

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '08 2:10am PST 
Help!I recieved my pup at 7mths and he follows me everywhere, unless he is outside unleased in the yard he runs and plays. It is only in the house if I go and put him in his kennel cage at night or when I have to go to work, he cries or barks for hours. I have tried to have his little bed in my bedroom... he is fine until the wee hours and he wants to wander(2 am and I will let him go outside to potty and does nothing). If I tie him on a leash in my room for him not to wander he cries. All he wants to do is to be with me. How do I ease his anxiety. I evem got a toy and put kibble in it while away, he is not interested nor with a bit of peanut butter. I put many toys for him to play with, still not interested. I have tried to leave only a short time (5 minutes and slowly increase it) when I am home, he gets so anxious. Each time I return, I let him out and he jumps and so excited but I just go along my business not making a big deal until he calms down. He just gets soooooo out of control when put in the kennel. I am soooo exhaused of not sleeping at night! Any other out there who sucessfully got their dog over this?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 2:10 am

Food & Nutrition > What's The Best Food Out On The Market?

Felix

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '08 6:22am PST 
Hi everyone! My Russian toy terrier when I got him, the breeder gave me Pro Plan puppy food. I noticed he did not eat as much and he was hacking alot and sometimes threw up. So I put him on Royal Canine Special 30 for fussy and sensitive tummies. So far I noticed his poop is not as hard and he loves the food. He is 7 months and I hope I did the right choice.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 12:27 pm

Russian Toy Terrier > RTT's are the best!
Felix

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 3:01pm PST 
Russian Toy Terrier are very smart,fast and can be almost like a hound sniffing and finding things. My little guy likes to show he is bigger than what he is! They are the perfect lap dog you could ever have, and love to entertain you. When walking them they want to be with you. My russkiy is a mommy's boy.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 1:11 pm

Russian Toy Terrier > Training a russian toy terrier

Felix

Ruskiy Feliks

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '07 5:49am PST 
I am a 7mth old russian terrier named Felix and need advice about housebreaking, I half the time do my business outside but seem to forget at times. Also still think I am the alpha with Kosmo the cat in the house! My mommy can take me outside to do my business most times, but I don't with other family members. I cry if mommy leaves me alone at night. And skiddish when with others who want to pet me. I still have trouble listening and coming when called, too many distractions around. Mommy does use treats to get me to behave, but I forget alot!big laughbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 6 11:14 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.