Postings by Sydney, My Angel, RIP's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Putting Aggressive dog down..need support.
Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Tue Jun 29, '10 11:30am PST 
You are doing the right thing, to be with your baby while he takes his last breath.

I am a member of a rescue and I have to say we are absolutely overwhelmed right now. We do not have the resources nor ability to take a dog with that type of aggression. Most of us have other dogs/kids/people in our house. We spend our own money to hire trainers, behaviorists and the like. At this point you are lucky if you get your dog into a rescue due to what we are all dealing with (lack of donations due to the economy and more dogs coming in due to the economy, more sick dogs coming in due to the economy). In a way, it is just passing on the problem to someone else. Most rescues will NOT take a dog with a bite history due to liability issues.

I'm just being as honest as I can be and I know it sounds harsh. But if you take him to a shelter, owner surrenders tend to only be put up for adoption and have to be adopted within 3 days or they are euthanized. Less time if the dog is older or aggressive.

So if it needs to be done, the least you can do is hold him and caress him as his life ends in this world and the last feeling he has is love.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 1:05 am

Get Well Soon > My Dachshund, Frankie, has a slipped disc. I have questions.
Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 11:19am PST 
Run, don't walk to Dodger's list. Many dogs have been rehabbed with just crate rest and steroids. Google it and it will be a lifesaver.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jul 1 4:57 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Adoption agreement and moving...

Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Thu Jan 28, '10 6:35am PST 
I don't know your exact circumstances but as a rescuer, you must notify the rescue if you move. The reason behind that is so they can keep up to date records (not take the dog away) in case he becomes lost or separated from you. The tag on him should NEVER be taken off (unless there is something different than most rescues)because it is another way of finding his way home if he should ever be lost. You would be surprised how often dogs go missing on trips. For example, imagine you are driving to CA (not sure but possible) and you get out at a rest stop and your pooch scoots out the door before you could stop her and is running full tilt into the woods. You may have your former address on her but if you call and the phone is disconnected or your old rabies tag. No one would be able to contact you and you may be without your sweetie. So by letting the rescue know you've moved and someone finding him calling the rescue, you could be reunited with your sweetie.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Angel, Feb 1 7:10 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > 11 dobermans dognapped in johnson city, tn

Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Mon Jan 25, '10 7:53am PST 
UPDATE: This is a scam. The woman who reported it was found to be lying and just didn't properly care for the dogs. She is being brought up on charges/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sydney, My Angel, RIP, Jan 25 7:53 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Starting a low income spay/neuter program?

Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Mon Jan 25, '10 7:50am PST 
We have a fantastic program in our area! It's CPAA (Central PA Animal Alliance) and I'm a volunteer for it as well. You may be able to contact them and they can tell you how they got started. We have a vaccine van too! It is also used to spay/neuter feral cats. The website is www.cpaa.info . We help member rescues that pull from kill shelters by taking care of the spay/neuter/vaccines for them to help promote pulling locally. Our mission is to end the senseless euthanasian of fantastic animals by spaying/neutering.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sydney, My Angel, RIP, Jan 25 7:50 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > SRMD looking for LFH
Dexy- Midnight- Goose

I only wanna- make you happy

Barked: Thu Oct 15, '09 5:22am PST 
Oh Bubba, you are so cute! If only I could have a third pup! Prayers for you to find that special home!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dexy Midnight Goose, Oct 15 5:22 am

Dog Health > Relieving himself during sleep

Dexy- Midnight- Goose

Barked: Wed Sep 9, '09 10:41am PST 
Ok, if your pup has bad arthritis you should get him on this OPC supplement. It works wonders! You can get it at www.marketamerica.com/infinitysolutions . It is a powder, not a pill that you sprinkle it on their dog food. It's only 20.95 without shipping for a supply that lasts quite a while. For me one jar has lasted 4 months with two dogs (each around 15lbs). Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 9:35 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > It is a SAD DAY!!!

Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Fri Aug 21, '09 10:58am PST 
Please don't think I'm being insensitive but what happened that Kip bit your son in the face? I don't know the history but a dog and a child should never be left unattended alone because kids tend to hurt dogs and then the dog gets the bad rap for defending himself. I don't know the situation, I'm just asking.

I'm glad someone is working with you to see what you can do to keep him in the family.

Prayers for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 27 4:10 pm

Dog Health > sumo ate dressing...

Dexy- Midnight- Goose

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 7:07am PST 
Before I knew that onions were bad for dogs (I think they're more poisionous for cats) I used to give Syd them all the time with no ill effects. I'm not saying to give your dog onions, I'm just saying that little bit shouldn't harm him.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 12:27 pm

Dog Health > Something is very wrong- someone please help
Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 9:46am PST 
Make sure since she's taking the Prednisone that you are also giving her Pepsid for her tummy (it causes stomach upset). I would crate her for at least 6 weeks as well in case it is a back injury. I also reccommend going to www.dachshie.org which is a doxie chat board for doxie owners. There are very knowledgable people there as well as people who do rescue. Many of the dog have had back injuries so they would be the best place to start. Many times vets won't tell you to do the crate rest. The board is very knowledgable and can really help. Prayers are with you!
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Ziggy, Aug 27 7:06 pm

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.