Postings by Georgia's Summer Breeze 's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Rest In Peace Mimi
Georgia's- Summer- Breeze

Whatsat???

Barked: Fri Apr 3, '15 7:15am PST 
I am at the bridge. And mom will tell you,few things in life are more difficult, it is hard to see our humans hurt. May G-d comfort your heart.
It is okay Mimi is here with me.
Summerrainbow
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cleo (In Memory), Apr 7 7:45 pm

Border Collie > Could I be one of you guys??
Sagan

Barked: Fri Apr 3, '15 7:07am PST 
Hi, I am a BC husky cross. I think we kind of look alike. dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sagan, Apr 3 7:07 am

Raw Food Diet > What did your dog(s) have to eat today?

Sagan

Barked: Fri Apr 3, '15 6:54am PST 
This morning (they are both a tad overweight so less is the new more)chicken drumstick, piece of beef kidney and a chunk of turkey neck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ginger, Apr 3 10:22 am

Raw Food Diet > Been a Long Time, Need Help

Sadie

Barked: Fri Apr 3, '15 6:45am PST 
Thank you for for response. She seems to be feeling fine now.I just think she was backed up.Really backed up. I am going to start adding coconut oil to her diet.
Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ginger, Apr 3 10:12 am

Raw Food Diet > Been a Long Time, Need Help

Sadie

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '15 7:20pm PST 
Hi, I used to frequent this forum, until my gal Summer was diagnosed with IMHA. She fought it for 18 months and sadly lost the battle when she was just 6 years old. I still miss her.

Anyway we now have two rescue dogs, Sadie a female English Shepherd (80lbs) and Sagan a male Border Collie Husky X (50lbs) Sadie is about 3, Sagan is 2.

We did not start raw with these kids right away. Not sure why. As I am a firm believer in raw. They started only about 2 months ago.

Anyway, I have a few concerns. We like many people, do not have much variety. Their main meat is chicken, beef scraps, chicken livers, beef livers, chicken hearts and gizzards. Sometimes ground beef or turkey. And what ever I can get in the discount meat section.

Alright, I think maybe I have really screwed up. The butcher has been selling me beef scraps. Mostly fat. I think I have been feeding too much fat. Just over the past 2 weeks, maybe if that.

Okay, example of an average day for Sadie (not everyday we do mix it up) 1 lbs of chicken including a liver or 2 in the am, and then about 3/4 lb of beef scrap/fat and 1/4 lb chicken hearts and gizzards.

Sadie is not acting like she is feeling well. She only ate her ground turkey tonight and had no interest in her chicken this morning. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow. But I wanted some feedback, I am afraid I may have given her pancreatitis with the fat.
Her lower left abdomen (where her leg meets to stomach) hurts when I press on it. If feels kind of like stool in the intestine, but I saw her have a BM. It was the same yesterday, when I was pretty sure it was stool. Now I am not so sure. When I push on it she growls. The rest of her tummy is soft and I can push on it without causing her to tense up.

Thank you for reading.

dog
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Apr 3 10:12 am

Border Collie > Border Collie X?
Sadie

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 3:29pm PST 
Cobain, thank you. I was thinking the same thing, but I am new to collies in general. When we go to the dog park there are several other BCs that frequent the park,and she dwarfs them all. But she acts like a BC, and when I look at pics of BCs the only striking difference is size.
I am happy with her the way she is...no complaints.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Loki, Mar 28 1:13 pm

Border Collie > Border Collie X?

Sadie

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:30pm PST 
Hi,Sadie is about 60lbs and seems to be growing still. She is maybe a year old, not sure, since she is a rescue. We adopted her on September 4th.
Anyway,I posted a few pics, anyone have any ideas what she might be mixed with? One of the pics she is walking with her friend Shelby an English Springer Spaniel, who is about 45/50 lbs.
Thank you!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Loki, Mar 28 1:13 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Whatsat???

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 8:18am PST 
We would like wings. I have had a hard time coming on here since Summer went to the bridge on July 30th. But I think it is time, she has earned her wings.
[notify]
» There has since been 250 posts. Last posting by Cinnamon, Jun 2 7:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > HelpNew to Commercial Diets :-)

Whatsat???

Barked: Fri Jan 21, '11 9:00pm PST 
Well,we got a ton of samples from the feed store.The lady there we very helpful.She did not seem to like Orijen at all.
Said it is way t expencive for what it professes to be. She said the source meats change too often in Orijen.
So, we are trying TOTW samples now.She seemed to like the salmon. I am going to go on poop patrol tomorrow.
Carrie
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Jan 22 7:46 am

Food & Nutrition > HelpNew to Commercial Diets :-)

Whatsat???

Barked: Thu Jan 20, '11 9:45pm PST 
Thank you. I did not know P&G had acquired Natura. Well, darn!!
I honestly would not have even considered it had I known.
Back to the drawingboard. Thanks for the advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Jan 22 7:46 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.