Postings by Sassafrass-- ADOPTED!!!'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I Need A Forver Home!
Sassafrass-- ADOPTED!!!

C'mere! Let me- nibble your- feet!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 4:09pm PST 
Sassy has been adopted! She has become a member of a family with 3 girls-- she is in seventh heaven! Yay for Sassy!

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Aug 11 8:10 pm

Australian Cattle Dog > I Need A Forever Family!
Sassafrass-- ADOPTED!!!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 4:08pm PST 
Sassy has been adopted! She has become a member of a family with 3 girls-- she is in seventh heaven! Yay for Sassy!

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ripley, Aug 24 10:55 am

Pembroke Welsh Corgi > I Need A Forever Family!

Sassafrass-- ADOPTED!!!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 4:07pm PST 

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, Aug 19 10:03 am

Cardigan Welsh Corgi > I Need A Forever Family

Sassafrass-- ADOPTED!!!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 4:06pm PST 

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Moxie, Apr 13 11:11 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I Need A Forever Family

Sassafrass-- ADOPTED!!!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 4:05pm PST 
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jodi-SAFE!, Aug 11 7:26 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Feeling hopeless and a little frightened!
Jett - 12/25/97-4/2- 5/08

I love my- people!

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 5:17pm PST 
Get those photos! It's not slander if it's true. Get a video if you can-- send it to the local TV station. Here in Nashville one of the news channels reports on outlandish/outrageous injustices all the time. The advice to sue, or even just threaten to, is a good idea. If you don't know any lawyers personally, call the offices in your town-- maybe you'll find a dog lover who will help you, pro bono.

Try to rally the locals-- picket the place, picket city hall. Get the state involved, call your congressmen-- now I'm fired up!!

Good for you, trying to make a difference. The shelter in Cookeville used to be horrible years ago, but b/c caring people kept pushing the city & the county, things changed. You also might want to contact the Humane Society of the United States (hsus.org)-- they may have helpful advice.

Best Wishes!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lily, Jul 26 6:25 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > SAVE THE GREYHOUNDS!

I love my- people!

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 5:08pm PST 
Thank you, Fudge, for your help! I think that lots of people and GPA (Greyhound Pets of America) have stepped up and are helping out those wonderful hounds. We had one for 8 years, and I still volunteer with the GPA here in Nashville. You know, Fudge, lots of greyhounds get along really well with little dogs-- maybe YOU should get a new long-legged brother or sister! big grin

Anyone that wants to help, contact your local GPA-- they are all over the country.

--Jett (and her Mom)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Fudge, Jul 24 11:04 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Extreme Dog Lover or ?

Harley

playplayplayplay- play!!! play.

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 4:50pm PST 
Sounds like a crazy collection problem. I've seen people like this-- they think they can just take em in, feed em & not worry about it. Pretty soon, there are sick dogs all over & no one wants to adopt them b/c they're in such bad condition. Good grief. I hope no one is dumb enough to take their dogs there. Say a little prayer for them!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Harley, Jul 22 4:50 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Need advice on helping neighbor...

I love my- people!

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 4:43pm PST 
Your local shelter may have one of those picture-graphs that shows how many dogs result from one breeding-- it looks kind of like a HUGE pyramid of dogs/cats & it show the numbers growing exponentially. I also think the "scare" tactic with the dangers of birthing complications might make an impact-- or rather the COST of a C-section (in this area, $400-$500). That has worked for me before. You can also point out that toy breeds are more likely to have complications in labor (a debateable fact to some, but nonetheless, an accepted theory). Maybe remind her how much poop puppies make, the cost of vaccinating those puppies.. etc..

GOOD LUCK!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Anara Rose, Jul 23 6:02 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I Need A Forever Family
Sassafrass-- ADOPTED!!!

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 4:36pm PST 
My Name is Sassafrass, or Sassy, & I live in Castalian Springs, TN. My foster Mom thinks I am part Heeler, part Corgi. I definitely like to herd-- even the little boys here!

My foster Mom found me running in the road-- I almost got hit twice! I was so happy & relieved when she put me in her car. She tried really hard to find my owner, but no one called.

I love other dogs, kids, & do fine with cats. I am a very happy girl! I'm fully vaccinated, tested neg for heartworms and am getting spayed on August 8th.

Please see my profile to learn more and to contact my foster mom. Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jodi-SAFE!, Aug 11 7:26 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.