Postings by Athena's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Chronic yeast infection in his ears - yarggggh!
Bluto

I'm a lover...- not a biter!

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 6:34pm PST 
Will do... thanks again for all your help!dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bluto , Apr 5 6:34 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Help removing short hairs from a sofa!
Bluto

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 6:29pm PST 
I love my dogs... but I feel like I'm constantly weighing wanting to keep them vs wanting to have nice stuff!

I just recently inherited some couches from my parents, and they aren't a material that I would PERSONALLY choose, but beggars can't be choosers.

So... they are a cheneille-ish fabric, which I've had before, and which was TERRIBLE to keep clean. I find with my dogs hair (I have a pitbull and an English Mastiff, so short coarse hair)it almost WINDS into the material. Seems to me that the only way to get it out is to pick it out with tweezers (lol) or use something adhesive which takes forever. Help! Anyone have any suggestions? Vacuuming does NOT work!!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Delta and Doc, Apr 10 7:53 pm

Bluto

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 6:21pm PST 
Thanks guys!

I actually used to work at a dog food store that sold a lot of raw, so I know a bit about it (in that I sold it, but have never personally fed it).

I'm in Canada, so I think some of the brands are different... not sure. Have any of you ever tried NRG? That's the dehydrated we sold @ The Urban Dog Market...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bluto , Apr 5 6:34 pm

Bluto

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 1:47pm PST 
Hey guys - thanks so much!

Bella - great link, I think I will try that out.

I have been recently using a solution of apple cider vinegar, water, rubbing alcohol and a TINY drop of oil of oregano. Seems to be working wonders! He really fusses when I put it in BUT his shaking has lessened and his ear looks better.

I have always wanted to try him on raw - but my job has me out of town a lot or working long days, so I often rely on roommates/friends/dog sitter to feed my dogs. And that's fairly easy when it's just "put a cup of kibble in a bowl" but becomes a whole different thing when it's "oh just thaw out this food and add this oil and put in this powder". SIGH.

Maybe I should try it...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Bluto , Apr 5 6:34 pm

Bluto

Barked: Mon Apr 4, '11 9:22pm PST 
Hello Dogsters!

It's been many a moon since I've been active in these forums, which is probably mostly a GOOD thing... meaning I haven't had any issues I've needed to seek advice on!

Well I'm back, and I have a problem, of course.

My "around 6 or 7" year old rescue pittie, Blu, has had near chronic ear problems since I first got him. They come and go. He has been to vets MANY times and been on countless meds. All of them are successful in releiving the symptoms - for a while. Then inevitable in a few months they return.

Now of course I had been thinking food allergies, and switched his food many times. I even COOKED for him, always with the same result... ears would stay clear for a while, then flare up again. I actually had HIS vet tell me "well I just simply don't know".

(FYI He is currently on Acana Pacifica and he does very well on this food)

THIS IS EXASPERATING! The poor guy shakes his head and scratches all the time. It's a wonder he hasn't scratched his ear off.

Anyway last night I was reading about similar situations with dogs, and found some interesting posts about dogs having yeast infections on their skin. Blu obsessively compulsively "eats his feet" (chews his paws) and he is quite a stinky dog.

Could he have a yeast infection on his SKIN?

One of the home remedies I've found is to feed plain yogurt mixed with turmeric. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Bluto , Apr 5 6:34 pm

Behavior & Training > Please help... my 6 year old dog won't stop pooping on the floor!
Bluto

Barked: Tue Jun 22, '10 10:52am PST 
Oh, I know that he has separation anxiety, absolutely. I was just wondering if anyone out there had experienced this, or had any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jun 25 6:14 am

Behavior & Training > Please help... my 6 year old dog won't stop pooping on the floor!

Bluto

Barked: Tue Jun 22, '10 10:45am PST 
Hello Dogsters!

It's been a while since I've been on here, and life has been great... until very recently that is. My 6 year old pittie mix, Blu, has recently started defecating on the floor out of spite. Now I know what you're thinking... how do I know it's spite? Well, he is a VERY intelligent dog and he is absolutely housebroken. I have had him for over 3 years and he has NEVER had a problem holding it for even 8 or 10 hours.

Recently I got a part time job so I've been away from home more often, and I think he has been missing me. It's gotten to the point now where I can leave home for fifteen minutes to run to the store - and when I get back he will have inevitably pooped on the floor. It's some sort of protest to me being gone, I know. I have been extra dilligent with letting him out more often that usual, but it's almost as though he won't poop outside anymore.

I've had himn to the vet and they have told me he is in great health and that no medical ailment could be causing this.

HELP! My roommates are rightfully getting VERY upset and I don't know how to fix this. I don't want to kennel him. Suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jun 25 6:14 am

Puppy Place > A new puppy's coming home! Need help with NAMES!

Bluto

Barked: Fri Jun 19, '09 9:07am PST 
Hi Bandit!

Thanks for the names smile I love Athena, but already had a foster dog with that name so it just doesn't "feel" right, BOL. I want to name her Lola but the BF says no. As long as she doesn't end up being named RAMBO, right? wink

I like Zelda, too. Anyone else with ideas?
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Lizzy, Jun 29 12:53 pm

Puppy Place > A new puppy's coming home! Need help with NAMES!

Bluto

Barked: Thu Jun 18, '09 8:58pm PST 
Hullo Dogsters!

I've been rather absent in the Dogster community as of late, but being as a new pup will be coming home in a few days, I'm sure I'll be on here LOTS to pick all of your brains smile

The pup is going to be a female english mastiff. She will be BRINDLE. Pics will be posted as soon as I get some. In the meantime... I need some help with names!

I like proud strong girl names for big dogs (ex Athena, Titania etc) and my boyfriend is obsessed with calling her RAMBO. Well I keep trying to tell him that's not a girl's name... lol.

My main problem is that I have great boy dog names. I also love human names that sound funny on dogs, like Hank, Fred, Bob, Pete, etc. But it's not as good with girls!

Please, Dogsters, throw out some good names for a female brindle English Mastiff! Thanks!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Lizzy, Jun 29 12:53 pm

Behavior & Training > PLEASE HELP - Dogs fighting! How to stop it?
Bluto

Barked: Tue May 19, '09 10:17pm PST 
Hello dogsters smile

Today I brought home a 2 year old boston terrier. Turns out - he is AWFUL with other dogs. My 5 year old pit bull boxer, Bluto, is great with other dogs and very docile. Well the BT (Rocket) has been attacking Bluto. Barking at him, running at his, biting at him. Bluto is passive but will fight when provoked.

They got into a little tiff that I broke up that resulted in Rocket bleeding a little from a superficial wound on his ear. They can't be together without Rocket running at and trying to attack Bluto. And Bluto is terrified of this little dog... He keeps cowering behind me!

HELP! What can I do tohelp these two get along? Evidently Rocket hasn't been socialized well (if at all) . Any suggestions? I am at wit's end keeping them separated. Please help!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Trigger, May 20 10:30 am

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.