Barked: Sat Jan 16, '10 1:31pm PST 
What is build-a-bear?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bella, Jan 25 2:35 pm

Dogster Railroad > 3 legs left to get aputee dog to safety
Henry

The hottie

Barked: Wed Apr 22, '09 9:57pm PST 
I wish I could help but I am in California. I so would!!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Henry, Apr 22 9:57 pm

Dalmatian > I want to learn more about Dalmatians

Henry

The hottie

Barked: Sun Apr 12, '09 3:38pm PST 
I just have to respond to the person who reported having had two dumb dalmatians. Dalmatians are highly intelligent dogs, however they are silly, sneaky, strong-willed and protective, but definitely not dumb. There are so many wonderful books on dalmatians that help an owner understand this breed's unique make-up and their sensitive nature, and why training methods that work for some dogs might not work well for dals. Dalmatians are also prone to hearing problems and a small percentage are completely deaf (like me). I have learned lots of sign language (like any dal can), but I am still pure dal and therefore I will still try to get away with stuff laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Austin, May 14 4:03 pm

Dalmatian > Snuggling...

Henry

The hottie

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 7:41pm PST 
I'm a big fan of snuggling. I usually snuggle most with my mom, but lately I've found my daddy to be quite comfortable too. At night, I go to sleep right in the middle of them, with my head resting across one of them until I tuck it in to myself, and then my ear falls across my face. Yup, snuggling is the best puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dasha, Aug 10 12:09 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Lilly\'s story- From sadness to love

Henry

The hottie

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '08 5:41pm PST 
Thank you for sharing your story Lilly - it was quite touching. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful furever home now snoopy

There is nothing like a family who loves us. I got lucky when I was a pup, somehow I ended up on the side of the freeway with my rectum outside my body (no one knows what happened and I don't remember). I was very sick, weighing in at just 6 pounds and dying, but a man saw me and stopped, and drove me to a fire station, and the firemen drove me to a vet who saved my life big grin Now I consider myself a very lucky dog. I am deaf but nobody minds at all. My mom thinks that I am a gift from God - even though I totally changed her life!!!

I wish you a long and happy life with your wonderful family Lilly!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by TEVA, Oct 31 3:47 pm

Dalmatian > Is it my imagination?
Henry

The hottie

Barked: Wed Oct 17, '07 6:11pm PST 
Or am I starting to mature? I'm almost 2 (this Saturday is my birthday) and I don't seem to be as restless and possibly not as energetic as I was just a couple of months ago. I still love to run around and wrestle and stuff, but at home I can lay around longer than I used to before I get bored and have to go play, and sometimes I am okay not going to the park or beach to run for a day. I used to have to go EVERY day. Is this normal for my age?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Birdy , Dec 1 9:04 pm

Dalmatian > I want to learn more about Dalmatians

Henry

The hottie

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '07 8:22am PST 
Hi Daisy!

Here are my answers. Every Dalmatian, just like every dog, is a little different, but #3 and #4 are always true.

1.) Snore? No
2.) Dig? Yes
3.) High Matnece? Yes
4.) Love walks? Yes
5.) One person dog? Yes
6.) Please give me some more info. My mom's life revolves around me and my need for exercise. I like to be everywhere that she is no matter what she is doing.
7.) Please give me advice with them. Many dalmatians are deaf like I am and I mind hand signals very well, but my family has to know how to communicate with me. This handicap does not effect the rest of my life much, except safety issues need to be considered (my mom says I could get lost or hurt if I am off leash in a place without borders). Dalmatians are a sensitive breed. An absolute committment to a Dal's needs is imperative. Once the bond is established, there is no turning back
wink
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Austin, May 14 4:03 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.