Postings by Brandwyn's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Shetland Sheepdog > whew the web page is done!
Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 4:48pm PST 
My friend Karla and her family are still here on vacation so I haven't been on the boards much, then my laptop went kaputz and I had to buy a new one. We ordered a good one from Staples because Karla's son Tyler works for them and they are going to credit him for the sale even though he lives in Michigan. It'll arrive on Thursday or Friday.

I still am caring for four fosters along with my three so with a 10 year old boy and two extra people in the house it's been very busy for me....

Karla and I finally finished my web page for my new forum and I'd like to have you all take a look at it. We wanted simple but elegant and I think we achieved that goal....

http://sheltielove.homestead.com/index.html

I certainly hope you like it as much as we do.

Hugs

Judy and the Rescue Squad
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Huntington, May 9 10:36 am

Shetland Sheepdog > Sheltie Swim Party
Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Sat Oct 4, '08 5:53pm PST 
This is my friend Bella and her husband Gordon. They are visiting me from Scotland and we decided to make a sheltie swim party for the afternoon. I had them take only two in at a time for safety reasons. These are two of my little fosters that Bella has fallen in love with. The one swimming is Sam he is scheduled to leave me on Tuesday for his veterinary appointment and then on to his forever home. The little girl she is holding is Molly. She also is scheduled for a veterinary appointment early next week and will also be placed in her forever home. We wanted to give them a fun time in the pool before they had to leave for their new lives and Bella is scheduled to fly back to Scotland very soon too.

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/summermagic125/BellaGordon visitFriday005.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/summermagic125/BellaGordon visitFriday003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/ summermagic125/BellaGordonvisitFriday002.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i2.p hotobucket.com/albums/y11/summermagic125/6.jpg[/IMG]

Both dogs are kept on a leash and are never unattended. As soon as I finished taking these pictures I had Gordon take Sam from her so she only had Molly to be responsible for. We really had a fun time letting the dogs swim. My kids swim quite often so it's no big deal to them but the new foster kids seem to get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Judy and the Rescue Squad
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brandwyn, Oct 4 5:53 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Rocky has his forever home...

Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Sat Sep 27, '08 5:19am PST 
Now that I'm sufficiently recovered from my heart thing I'm back in the dog business again. Rocky and Pongo were candidates for adoption last night with a couple from North of Tampa. They came over last evening with their 8 year old Yorkie and thirteen year old daughter and stayed two hours to play with the dogs, ask questions about personalities and to observe them with their little dog. Rocky was chosen as their forever pup and he went home with them last night.

It always takes a piece of my heart when one of my fosters goes home but in this case Rocky was so scared and unsocialized when he came to me that I took special care and attention to bring him to the point that he was ready to meet the world for himself without a debilitating fear of the unknown. Right now he's probably still scared but with care and the love I know he will be given along with some very basic training Rocky will make a wonderful pet for them. Go with joy and singing Little Rocky we love you and want the best for you in your life......

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/summermagic125/Rocky001.jp g[/IMG]

With mixed sadness and Joy we say fare well Little Rocky
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brandwyn, Sep 27 5:19 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How do you foster families do it?

Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Sat Sep 6, '08 5:15pm PST 
Being a foster family for a sweet pup isn't easy. You have to have the correct mind set from the beginning. When I take in a new foster I think of him as a house guest and not my own dog. It helps when you have nursed them through some terrible illness or a very bad infestation of heart worms. Through the pneumonia and the terrible joint pain they suffer from the treatment. Then when you have to hand them over to someone else after you've fought to keep them alive of course you cry... But there is joy in seeing the look on a new owner's face as they meet their new pup for the first time and the dog reacts in kind. I live for those encounters every time I let a foster go from my home.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Bella, Sep 8 5:48 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > HELP PLEASE =)

Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '08 2:59pm PST 
A message board devoted strictly to home cooking for dogs.

Check under Basic Recipes for a variety of ingredients and step by step instructions on how to prepare the food and feed it.

http://groups.msn.com/CanineCulinaryCreations/messages.msnw
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lou-Lou Noelle, Jul 28 8:47 am

Shetland Sheepdog > Brandi and Kadin have graduated
Kadin

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '08 4:49am PST 
We had our final class in basic obedience tonight. It was a combined class with the 7-8 and 8-9 classes. My kids did great but I had to hand Brandi over to my instructor because I couldn't handle both dogs at the same time. But she is such a little star and did beautifully with Betty. They were given certificates of completion and a little mortar board hats for their ceremony and graduation picture.

At eight PM we went to register for our CGC testing. I had someone hold Kadin while Brandi tested and then hold Brandi while Kadin tested. I was worried about Kadin passing but knew Brandi was more than ready for her test. During the long 3 minute separation for Brandi we had a terrible thunder storm. The lights flickered and the thunder rumbled but all was well. She just sat quietly and waited for me to come back to get her. Kadin had it easier we just had the rain drumming on the roof..

It was a bunch of fun for me and them and they BOTH PASSED!!

I am continuing their education by enrolling Kadin in advanced obedience and Brandi in novice obedience.

Brandi Kadin Judy and Fosters Sparkle and Parker
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Feb 29 10:23 am

Shetland Sheepdog > Car rides?

Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '08 3:22pm PST 
My mama traveled me from Michigan to Florida lots of times. I have a seat belt harness and my very own seat. Now that I have a brother he rides in a seat too. Mama says it's safer than a crate cause the crate can still bounce around in the car if there is an accident. But in the harnesses we are fast in our seats until someone lets us out.

Brandi and Kadin
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hunter (Minny), Feb 23 5:41 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > How many have heard the expression...

Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '08 3:16pm PST 
Oh yes they are like potato chips. That's why there are two of us but that isn't enough for my mama at all. That's why she started fostering them. We usually have at least three sometimes four in the house at one time. They come and go, but they are our friends for a while and we love it.

Brandi and Kadin
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brandwyn, Feb 14 3:16 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Hey, I\'m new to Dogster

Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '08 7:09am PST 
Welcome aboard. I'm Brandi and my brothe Kadin live in Central Florida. Our mama fosters and rehomes shelties here so we always have new friends to pawlay with.

You'll like it here.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hayley Ann CDX RA-ATB 09/14/11, Mar 24 2:38 pm

Shetland Sheepdog > Home grooming tools
Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '08 7:07am PST 
Mama has a lot of stuff to groom us with:

grooming table
medium steel pin brush
undercoat rake
steel comb
two slicker brushes (one large one small)
8" thinning shears
6" regular shears
3" safety tip shears
electric clippers
electric nail grinder
electric hair dryer
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brandwyn, Feb 14 7:07 am

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.