Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Natura products and illness/quality
Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Thu Aug 4, '11 1:09pm PST 
Hello....I heard that they were using large quantities of green potatoes that could be potentially harmful. I will put a link up if I can find it--I have been researching this (well, on-line, anyways) since I got that notice.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 27 10:30 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > My Mommy is sick today we are watching doggies in a big box on the wall.
Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 1, '09 8:35pm PST 
I hope you feel better! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 2 8:34 am

Raw Food Diet > have you ever told the cashier at the grocery store what you plan to do with the meat?

Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '09 2:58pm PST 
wave Believe it or not, my life is so boring, or, I have such a thirst for knowledge (I think I will go with the second one) that I actually went and looked it up. I found this out:

Voodoo is a religion and Hoodoo is an African American system of folk magickal practice that has typically been handed down from generation to generation. Many Hoodoo practitioners in Louisiana are Roman Catholic and also practice some form Spiritualism or Spiritism.

So there you go! BUT--I still don't know which one chicken feet would be approriate for!shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Sep 16 2:04 pm

Raw Food Diet > have you ever told the cashier at the grocery store what you plan to do with the meat?

Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '09 1:22pm PST 
Once I was buying chicken feet and beef heart, and the cashier asked me what I was gonna do with them, so I told her, very matter-of-fact, "VooDoo." She was silent for a long moment, and then she asked, "Really?"
I laughed then, and told her the truth. I think she was actually relieved, after her response!laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Sep 16 2:04 pm

Dog Health > Can someone please reply?

Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '09 1:17pm PST 
Not to worry. My vet actually told me to give Adlai TWO 25 mg. benadryl. And he is a 28 lb. dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Sep 16 9:21 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Did anybody else fall in love with a breed *after*getting one?
Mason

The skinny fat- dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 3, '09 1:17pm PST 
Yes! Mason, my Rat Terrier was a pet store "throwaway" I got from a friend who worked at a vet's. I really only marginally knew what a RT was, and now I am hooked.

It is a same to see the breed becoming more popular, and more and more ending up in rescue, though.cry

They are a very high-energy breed, and I don't think people realize that. Hence tons in rescue.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 5:24 pm

Dog Health > A lump. Cancer?

Mason

The skinny fat- dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 3, '09 12:47pm PST 
Mason has several lumps, one was right under his armpit and I had the most horrible feeling it may be cancer. The vet said it was just a lipoma! A lipoma is just a fatty deposit and is usually benign.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 3 12:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > help rebuke this!

Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Thu Sep 3, '09 10:47am PST 
Someone should show her the Pottenger's Cats study!

For us, the ONLY thing that got rid of Thea's chronic UTIs was RAW! I don't know how someone could argue with something that basically cured her, when nothing else did! For me, the proof is in the dog, and that is really the only "study" I need!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 3:15 pm

Raw Food Diet > help rebuke this!

Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Thu Sep 3, '09 10:29am PST 
Azmira was the first "natural" food I fed back when I didn't know any better.

Obviously, Dr. Newman wants to sell her own company's food, but why slam raw-fed dogs at the same time? Companies like Champion and Nature's Vareity try to emulate a raw diet....someone should tell them they are all wrong!

Plus that study sounds like a crock to me! (Sorry, I am just in a very inarticulate mood today. Crock was the nicer of the words that crossed my mind.)
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 3:15 pm

Raw Food Diet > Is it really bad to....
Adlai

Let's Go!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 2, '09 4:58pm PST 
Yes, I have found Old Mother Hubbard "Neura" Meats in Big Lots for 50 cents a can! And the sardines, and Jack Mackarel can be found in Dollar General around here.

About grains and other non-meat items....every once in awhile, I hit the raw-feeding "jackpot" and will get some free prepared raw, (well, that happened once due to a freezer breakdown) or tons of "Trim" from a local farmer I buy meat from, but not often.

I know everyone on here will cringe, but I have been known to bust out my Dr. Pitcairn book (he has lotsa grain-inclusive, alternate protein source recipes, like "Canine Oats and Eggs") that I have used when things get tight or I have nothing thawed. I really don't see any problem with the occasional grainy meal, but then again, I am more of a BARF-type feeder (as opposed to Prey Model) than most on here. I find it to be way cheaper for us, (not for everyone, I realize) and my dogs thrive on it, so I keep doing it.
So, some days we really just improvise...my only advice would be not to do so if any of your dogs have a grain intolerance, ie in Thea's case, she will get a UTI really fast if she eats many grains. So, in her we cannot afford to skimp as we will end up at the vet's, defeating the whole purpose!

I have been broke/without transportation, and even busted out the crock-pot and made an el cheapo mish-mosh stew of leftover stuff, for everyone, human and canine!

But, I really see no problem with that once in awhile, ($$ is tight here, too, so I get what you're saying) and if agrees with your dog, you are certainly not doing a disservice to him....I really commend you for sticking with a WAY higher quality diet than reverting back to kibble! applause

Now, the day I gave everyone chicken noodle soup (from a CAN) for dinner (dogs and humans) I'll leave out!laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 9:24 pm

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.